• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I have a requirement where in there is a callouut initiated from the before update event of a trigger.and a custom validation rule.As per order of execution, the before trigger will run and then the validation rule will run.

Consider the trigger runs and the callout gets initiated and then the validation rule fails.

In this case will the callout transaction be rolled back?

Thanks

NB

• November 05, 2013

Hi all ,

I have two reports , one which shows open and closed events with filer "date equals this month or date equals next two months" and other that shows for the week with no filter.

The OWD for activity is set as Controlled by Parent.

I logged in as a specific profile user created a account and events associated with it. i added more events to the account as sys admin.

When i run the first report as the profile user or as the admin user ,it shows only the sys admin events for that account in the report .i could not see other events associated with the account at all in the report.

However the second report works fine for both the users.

I could not determine what went wrong..

thanks,

NB

• April 30, 2013

Hi

I have a requirement where i have to pass the exception as parameter to a method in another class in the catch block. I tried creating an exception by inserting an empty list in the try block but nothing happened.
Can you tell me if there is any other way to obtain code coverage for it?

Thanks 
NB

• March 14, 2013

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to perform bulk processing of data via batch apex. Currently only 2000 records can be processed per batch via batch apex. Can u provide me any link or ways to implement bulk processing of upto 10000 records per batch?

• January 08, 2013

Hi ,

Is there any way to query the workflows/validation rules associated with a particular object? If not available through query, how can it be accessed?

Thanks

NB

• January 08, 2013

Hi all,

I have a requirement where in there is a callouut initiated from the before update event of a trigger.and a custom validation rule.As per order of execution, the before trigger will run and then the validation rule will run.

Consider the trigger runs and the callout gets initiated and then the validation rule fails.

In this case will the callout transaction be rolled back?

Thanks

NB

• November 05, 2013

What is difference between profile and permissionset  ?

im not getting the value in controller for the checkbox selection...

pls help me out!!!!!!!!

• August 28, 2013

Hi All,

I've got a requirement to build a page that has mutiple objects lists on it. I'd like to be. Object B has a lookup relationship to Object A. I'd like to beable to associate any Record in Object List B to Any Record in Object List A. 

It has been requested that this is done with Drag and drop. From what I gather this cannot be done with Apex. It has to be done with either Javascript/JQuery Remoting or Flex. 

I need some direction on what is the best practice way to do this and the easiest way to implement. I saw a few comments liking flex quite a bit. Is this the best route to take?

What suggestions to you have?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all ,

I have two reports , one which shows open and closed events with filer "date equals this month or date equals next two months" and other that shows for the week with no filter.

The OWD for activity is set as Controlled by Parent.

I logged in as a specific profile user created a account and events associated with it. i added more events to the account as sys admin.

When i run the first report as the profile user or as the admin user ,it shows only the sys admin events for that account in the report .i could not see other events associated with the account at all in the report.

However the second report works fine for both the users.

I could not determine what went wrong..

thanks,

NB

• April 30, 2013

Hi

I have a requirement where i have to pass the exception as parameter to a method in another class in the catch block. I tried creating an exception by inserting an empty list in the try block but nothing happened.
Can you tell me if there is any other way to obtain code coverage for it?

Thanks 
NB

• March 14, 2013

We would like to callout to another system each time a contact person is created. This 3rd party system returns a value which we want to write into the contact person record. If we callout "after update" then, when we write the returned value, we re-trigger our own trigger again -> infinite circle.

Options:

1) We callout "before update"

2) We use fields on the contact to check whether the callout should run

3) We use some global static variable to flag whether the callout should run

Neither of these options is very satisfying for various reasons.

Is there any way to know that a trigger was called directly from the UI and not from some Apex code (e.g. the code inside the trigger)?

Hi ,

Is there any way to query the workflows/validation rules associated with a particular object? If not available through query, how can it be accessed?

Thanks

NB

• January 08, 2013