• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a bit of a strange use case for OAuth that I am trying to overcome. I'm developing a mobile application that will be used by non-salesforce users. I want the app to record usage information and send the data back to my salesforce account. I need the app to be able to authenticate without the end-user inputing any credentials (they don't have a salesforce account, the data is being sent to my account). I think the only OAuth flow that would work would be username-password flow, where I would hardcode my username and password into the application. This isn't very secure, and I will run into a problem if I ever change my password. Is there any other OAuth flow that would allow me to do what I need?

Forgive me, I'm very new to OAuth and I've read all the guides trying to find a solution that will work but have come up short. Any help is much appreciated.

I have a bit of a strange use case for OAuth that I am trying to overcome. I'm developing a mobile application that will be used by non-salesforce users. I want the app to record usage information and send the data back to my salesforce account. I need the app to be able to authenticate without the end-user inputing any credentials (they don't have a salesforce account, the data is being sent to my account). I think the only OAuth flow that would work would be username-password flow, where I would hardcode my username and password into the application. This isn't very secure, and I will run into a problem if I ever change my password. Is there any other OAuth flow that would allow me to do what I need?

Forgive me, I'm very new to OAuth and I've read all the guides trying to find a solution that will work but have come up short. Any help is much appreciated.