• Salesforce Developer
  • South East Water

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have a handful of VF pages that we have put in our public website which is built in Sharepoint 2010.  These are displayed in an iframe and we're looking into making the pages responsive and investigating ours options to no longer use iframes (using responsive iframes is our fall back option).  Basically we want the same menu for the VF pages as it is in Sharepoint without having to create the menu code in two places.  We also don't want to recreate the VF pages in Sharepoint as some of them contain a lot of business logic on the controller.
Has anyone done something similar?  If so, how did you go about it?

If you want to view a couple of the pages we're looking to update, here is one (http://southeastwater.com.au/Residential/MovingHouse/Pages/Online-moving-form.aspx)and here is another (http://southeastwater.com.au/FAQs/Pages/FAQs.aspx).

• February 13, 2015
We have a site for our customers to use to view their accounts / bill / update their details / etc.  As part of the site we have a wizard where the customer can sign up as a user (the public user for the site has access to those pages).

On submission of the last page in the wizard, there is a webservice call back to Salesforce to create the user (I believe it was done this way due to restrictions in creating a user).

This whole process is currently working successfully in production, however, our testers needed to setup some users in our Test sandbox and we are getting the following error in the Test environment:
EXCEPTION_THROWN|[63]|System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: WebService returned a SOAP Fault: INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session faultcode=sf:INVALID_SESSION_ID faultactor=

The code at line 63 is just a WebServiceCallout.invoke.

The session Id is set in the controller with the following code:
PortalUtil_WS.PortalUtil stub = new PortalUtil_WS.PortalUtil();
stub.SessionHeader = new PortalUtil_WS.SessionHeader_element();
stub.SessionHeader.sessionId = UserInfo.getSessionId();

The Test sandbox is on CS5 (winter 15), but I have also tested the process in our Training sandbox which is on CS6 (Summer 14) and the same error is occuring there.

I'm not sure how long this has been happening because we haven't tested this process for a little while and it hasn't been modified in several months either.

• September 16, 2014

A colleague of mine, while creating an iOS app (for a proof of concept) which uses the zksForce library, found the following article about querying an Apex Class;

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Metadata_Query_Apex_Class

I've tried to search around this discussion board and through a web search but can't seem to find any further information around this article/feature (especially around the query on line 16 of the request).

I'm wondering if anyone has any further information about this feature, such as;

- how querying an apex class works (because the concept doesn't make sense to me)

- example apex code

- can you pass in parameters (or use a where clause), and if so, how to setup the code and query to do this

Thanks,

Nathan

• January 17, 2013
We have a site for our customers to use to view their accounts / bill / update their details / etc.  As part of the site we have a wizard where the customer can sign up as a user (the public user for the site has access to those pages).

On submission of the last page in the wizard, there is a webservice call back to Salesforce to create the user (I believe it was done this way due to restrictions in creating a user).

This whole process is currently working successfully in production, however, our testers needed to setup some users in our Test sandbox and we are getting the following error in the Test environment:
EXCEPTION_THROWN|[63]|System.CalloutException: Web service callout failed: WebService returned a SOAP Fault: INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session faultcode=sf:INVALID_SESSION_ID faultactor=

The Test sandbox is on CS5 (winter 15), but I have also tested the process in our Training sandbox which is on CS6 (Summer 14) and the same error is occuring there.

I'm not sure how long this has been happening because we haven't tested this process for a little while and it hasn't been modified in several months either.

• September 16, 2014

• September 16, 2014

A colleague of mine, while creating an iOS app (for a proof of concept) which uses the zksForce library, found the following article about querying an Apex Class;

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Metadata_Query_Apex_Class

I've tried to search around this discussion board and through a web search but can't seem to find any further information around this article/feature (especially around the query on line 16 of the request).

I'm wondering if anyone has any further information about this feature, such as;

- how querying an apex class works (because the concept doesn't make sense to me)

- example apex code

- can you pass in parameters (or use a where clause), and if so, how to setup the code and query to do this

Thanks,

Nathan

• January 17, 2013