I have a to load data from one Salesforce org to another. In total I have to load 500k accounts, 500k contacts and 900k cases with the values of audit fields intact. Also, the old org has person accounts but the new org doesn't have that functionality which means some data transformation is required. Additionally, the entire data load needs to be completed in a day. Following are the issues that I am facing :
1. There is also the issue that exporting these cannot be done using bulk query in data loader as bulk api doesn't support compoind queries. That means I have to use batch query which consumes huge amount of time.
2. Transformation of data is done using vlookup. For ex : there are 25 fields in account object in the old org that needs to be mapped to contact in the new org. This is a huge task that takes up lot of time and resources if done in excel sheet.
Is there an easier way to perform this task. Any suggestions on tools (free or paid) are also welcome.
If you know Salesforce, we have opportunities for you. We are currently looking for an a Salesforce Administrator to join our team in Rockville, MD at Meso Scale Discovery. Check out our Careers page for more details.
We developed and implimented Salesforce but now need more and future development.
We are not utilizing Salesforce as well as we should be and we need to add a new company as well.
Please do respond quickly if you can help. We are located in Florida and use the cloud.
Marketing & SEO Director
We are a small Missouri based non-profit and we desperately need an independent consultant to help us finish customizing SF Enterprise to our needs. We need help with email integration, mobile access, data clean, and other such problems. We have already spent thousands of dollars on a firm and don't need that level of support, nor could we afford it. But we are willing to pay a reasonable rate for a good communicator that can help us efficiently and expeditiously. Thank you!
We are a small business who utilizes Salesforce extensively to track all customer, lead, and prospect data.
We've done some customization and we need to improve our workflow, reports, and dashboards to support better business success. We also need to begin using our data to better market. As part of the effort to improve our marketing I'd implement an autoresponder system, whether that is native to Salesforce or integrated with a third party.
We are looking for strategic planning recommendations as well as implementation.
I'm not exactly sure how long it will take to implement our needs. We may do this in stages, depending on recommendations.
We have the Enterprise version of Salesforce.
Although, this project is short term to move us forward, I'd like to build a relationship with a log-term "go-to" person.
We are looking for a Salesforce.com administrator to join our team in either Orange County, CA or Calverton, MD to provide customer service and customized solutions to our Salesforce.com users.
- Training and on-boarding of new users
- Interacting with SF users to identify needs and implement solutions
- Customization of database that includes: field creation, validation rules, workflows, custom objects
- User management: Creation and customization of roles, profiles, layouts, access and sharing rules
- Analytics creation and maintenance of reports, dashboards and notifications
- Salesforce.com Admin certification and/or 1-3 yrs equivalent experience
- Customer service
- Project management and implementation of Salesforce.com solutions
- Supporting custom Salesforce.com applications
- Usage of Data Loader
- Excellent Communication
- Flexibility to meet continuously changing priorities and challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive things to completion
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytic skills / advanced Excel / Access
Desired Experience (Nice to have)
- Data migration with different platforms, Oracle, Sequel etc
- Experience with complex implementations, multiple user groups in 1 org, multiple orgs
- Experience with implementing SalesCloud, ServiceCloud, Data.com
- Salesforce Integration with other third party solutions
- Crystal Reports
This position is full-time employment (no contract or 1099)
When someone takes the time/effort to repspond to your question, you should take the time/effort to either mark the question as "Solved", or post a Follow-Up with addtional information.
That way people with a similar question can find the Solution without having to re-post the same question again and again. And the people who reply to your post know that the issue has been resolved and they can stop working on it.