• 4 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, I have a question in regards to Salesforce integration with WSDl and it is frustrating. Lemme know if you have any answers. I have a lead object and by default "Name" & company field is required by Salesforce. When I expose the PARTNER WSDL, I do not want the API user to edit these 2 fields. But since it is a required field, Salesforce will not allow me to remove from page layout or from the field leave security of Lead page. I was wondering what is the solution to this? Am I doing something wrong. ...

Hi, I have a question in regards to Salesforce integration with WSDl and it is frustrating. Lemme know if you have any answers. I have a lead object and by default "Name" & company field is required by Salesforce. When I expose the PARTNER WSDL, I do not want the API user to edit these 2 fields. But since it is a required field, Salesforce will not allow me to remove from page layout or from the field leave security of Lead page. I was wondering what is the solution to this? Am I doing something wrong. ...

I have created 2 roles- Manager and Employee. I have assigned all the accesibility and permissions to Employee so that he can view and edit all the fields of a Manager. I created custom objects and added data to the custom fields at Manager level. I have logged out and logged in as Employee , I can view the custom objects but I'm unable to view the data entered by Manager for those custom objects. My requirement is: data should be visible both at the Manager and Employee level. Please help!

• February 01, 2013

I'd like to essentially duplicate the Account Page via visual force but have the related list of opportunities have tabs to seperate different opportunities.  So it would be in its same spot down the page but instead of just one list of Opportunities there could be Tabs for the different stages the opps are in or something like that.  I've looked all over google but am only finding people Tabbing the actual page layout not a related list within a page.  Is this possible?

thanks,

Amanda

Hello

I have a "Main Object" (Sales Opportunity) and a "Related" object (Product).

Is there a way to setup my main object so that if "Sales Opportunity" status is set to "Prepare Quotation" the object must have a Product related to it?

Thanks

• February 01, 2013

I have added some basic javascript to a visualforce page with the case standard controller. The javascript works and executes fine, but when inline-editing a record and the standard "save" button is clicked, my javascript event listeners are wiped away from the elements on the page. Has anyone experienced this behavior and found a workaround?

I am writing a chunk of code to take information from a custom object, and place it into an email when a partner portal user selects a custom button.

When it comes to building the body of the email, I am trying to find a way to make it look nice.

In .NET I could use stringbuilder to assemble the line breaks and feed in the variables where needed then convert to a string.

Is there an equivalent to that in Salesforce? 

Does anyone have an example of syntax for it?

Thanks,

Temple Sutfin

A Web Tab is created with pointing to some specific URL. It works fantastic in FF as well as in Chrome. But IE don't want to allow me to login. However I can work with this site outside Salesforce pretty good.

I tried to create VF page and put iframe pointed to the same URL - the same situation.

Maybe there are any other options to achieve my goal?

Hi all,

We received the following question from our developer:

When we query SalesForce we use a statement like the one beneath. However, we are afraid it can be abused to perform SQL Injection. The only alternative is not to use ‘where’ and to query the whole Salesforce database. Once we have all the data, we then can perform a search on our side on the data. However, this solution has performance issues. Can you please advise us how to use a SQL Injection free query?

var objResult = svc.query("select id, lastname, firstname, email, Email_opt_in__c from contact where Id = '003D0000013uxmpIAA'");

The salesforce support team could not really help with this question.  Anyone who has experience with this or might be able to help with this question?

Thank you in advance.

• January 30, 2013

I need to encrypt the url parameters which i need to pass while opening the window with the url.

can any one please guide the way ahead.

Thanks...