• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Guys

I have a custom object that has a photo of the person in each record.

I want to display them in a datatable.. or maybe usng outputlink as follows:

Name       Birthplace        Photo

I can get this to work using the code shown below but the photos are huge and I cannot resize them.. also i cannot get them to act as a hyperlink to the new website...

You can see 2 other attempts below whaich are commented out where I tried to display the image in other ways..

If I use <apex:image it just shows the icon type outline of an image but it is sized nicely

If I use <apex:outputLink it just leaves a blank space where the photo should be..

am beginning to loose my mind because of this :)

Can anyone help?

j.themuss

<apex:dataTable id="soldierlist" value="{!Soldiers}" var="indsoldier" align="center" rules="rows" rowClasses="even,odd" bgcolor="FFFFFF" border="1px" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="5%">

<apex:column headerValue="Soldier">
              <apex:outputText value="{!indsoldier.name}"/>
      </apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Birthplace">
            <apex:outputText value="{!indsoldier.Birthplace__c}"/>

<apex:column headerValue="Photo">
            <apex:outputField value="{!indsoldier.Soldier_Photo__c}" />
            <!--apex:image id="SoldierPhoto" value="{!indsoldier.Soldier_Photo__c}" width="50" height="50"/ -->
            <!--apex:outputLink type="image" value="{!indsoldier.Soldier_Photo__c}">
            </apex:outputLink-->

</apex:dataTable>

Hi Folks..

Making progress on my voluntary force.com sites project...

I am try to display a list of soldiers who fought in ww1.

I have a custom object called Soldiers with Name, Birthplace, Photo, and War Record Link

I want to display these names on a force.com site showing Name, Birthplace and Photo (with a click option on the photo to open a new browser window based on the value stored in the War Record Link field)

I have tried the following code with limited success depending on the command I try:

<apex:image id="SoldierPhoto" value="{!indsoldier.Soldier_Photo__c}" width="100" height="100"/>

The above shows the outline of the photo with the graphic logo but it does not show the photo.. but the size is perfect.

<apex:outputField value="{!indsoldier.Soldier_Photo__c}"/>

The above shows the photo, but it is massive and I cant work out how to size it to 100 * 100 

<apex:outputLink type="image" value="{!indsoldier.Soldier_Photo__c}">
    </apex:outputLink>

This version does not show anything at all..

My aim is to get the photo displayed sized 100 * 100 and be able to click on the photo and load the war record url link..

Any ideas?

regards

j.themuss

Hi Folks..

I am almost there with my little test app in force.com sites.

I simply have a list of soldiers shown along with an external website link to that soldiers WW1 war record.

But when I click on the link which displays as www.ww1link.com the SF adds the1200.force.com to the front of it..

So effectively it tries to lnk to http://the1200.force.com/www.ww1link.com

I simply want it to link to www.ww1link.com

The value www.ww1link.com is stored in the SF database and displays correctly on the page.. but the link is incorrect.

Would anyone have any ideas?

Regards

j.themuss

Hi Guys

I am new to force.com sites and have been working through the force.com tutorials.

I have created some custom fields on the standard Contact object.

I then wanted to display a list of contacts from the standard contact object on the website http://the1200.force.com/the1200

When I preview the Visualforce page inside SF it all works perfectly and lists my contacts..

But once I try to see it on the web page all I get are the table headers and no data...

The site is active.

Does anyone have any clues as to why the data does not display.

Am I allowed to display standard objects like Contacts via the web site http://the1200.force.com/the1200 ?

Regards

j.themuss

Hi Guys,,

I am new to this and am wondering if force.com sites capabilities are included in the Enterprise edition cost or is there a separate subscription required.. or is the sites.com

What are the main differences between force.com sites and sites.com

thanks in advance for any help offered

j.themuss

Hi Guys

I have been following through on the Force.Com workbook and want to do the section to creat a force.com site.

But when I go to setup develop... I have no options for sites.

How do I turn this on.

I am an administrator in the ord

Thanks

j.themuss

Hi Guys.

I need to store a photo of my contacts and need it to be visible on the contact layout page.

How can I do this.

A previous post suggested using Attachments.. I tried this but you hav to go to the list and click view to see the photo.

I need to see the photo as part of the contact layout when a record is edited or viewed.

Is this possible?

j.themuss

Hi Guys

I have a custom object that has a photo of the person in each record.

I want to display them in a datatable.. or maybe usng outputlink as follows:

Name       Birthplace        Photo

I can get this to work using the code shown below but the photos are huge and I cannot resize them.. also i cannot get them to act as a hyperlink to the new website...

You can see 2 other attempts below whaich are commented out where I tried to display the image in other ways..

If I use <apex:image it just shows the icon type outline of an image but it is sized nicely

If I use <apex:outputLink it just leaves a blank space where the photo should be..

am beginning to loose my mind because of this :)

Can anyone help?

j.themuss

<apex:dataTable id="soldierlist" value="{!Soldiers}" var="indsoldier" align="center" rules="rows" rowClasses="even,odd" bgcolor="FFFFFF" border="1px" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="5%">

<apex:column headerValue="Soldier">
              <apex:outputText value="{!indsoldier.name}"/>

<apex:column headerValue="Birthplace">
            <apex:outputText value="{!indsoldier.Birthplace__c}"/>

<apex:outputField value="{!indsoldier.Soldier_Photo__c}" />
            <!--apex:image id="SoldierPhoto" value="{!indsoldier.Soldier_Photo__c}" width="50" height="50"/ -->
            <!--apex:outputLink type="image" value="{!indsoldier.Soldier_Photo__c}">
            </apex:outputLink-->

</apex:dataTable>

Hi Folks..

I am almost there with my little test app in force.com sites.

I simply have a list of soldiers shown along with an external website link to that soldiers WW1 war record.

But when I click on the link which displays as www.ww1link.com the SF adds the1200.force.com to the front of it..

So effectively it tries to lnk to http://the1200.force.com/www.ww1link.com

I simply want it to link to www.ww1link.com

The value www.ww1link.com is stored in the SF database and displays correctly on the page.. but the link is incorrect.

Would anyone have any ideas?

Regards

j.themuss

Hi Guys

I am new to force.com sites and have been working through the force.com tutorials.

I have created some custom fields on the standard Contact object.

I then wanted to display a list of contacts from the standard contact object on the website http://the1200.force.com/the1200

When I preview the Visualforce page inside SF it all works perfectly and lists my contacts..

But once I try to see it on the web page all I get are the table headers and no data...

The site is active.

Does anyone have any clues as to why the data does not display.

Am I allowed to display standard objects like Contacts via the web site http://the1200.force.com/the1200 ?

Regards

j.themuss

Hi Guys,,

I am new to this and am wondering if force.com sites capabilities are included in the Enterprise edition cost or is there a separate subscription required.. or is the sites.com

What are the main differences between force.com sites and sites.com

thanks in advance for any help offered

j.themuss

Hi Guys

I have been following through on the Force.Com workbook and want to do the section to creat a force.com site.

But when I go to setup develop... I have no options for sites.

How do I turn this on.

I am an administrator in the ord

Thanks

j.themuss

Hi Guys.

I need to store a photo of my contacts and need it to be visible on the contact layout page.

How can I do this.

A previous post suggested using Attachments.. I tried this but you hav to go to the list and click view to see the photo.

I need to see the photo as part of the contact layout when a record is edited or viewed.

Is this possible?

j.themuss