• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a company-sponsored Kudos program where our employees can go to recognize another employee for their efforts. We want to see if we can easily create a Chatter Feed within the recognized employee's Chatter profile when these Kudos are given. Is that possible? And if so, what would it entail? Is it as simple as an email-to-case functionality, or is it more complex than that?

I have the below formula that calculates an Acquiring Contract End Date based on the start date (Acquiring_Contract_Sign_Date__c) and a term (Acquiring_Contract_Term__c). It doesn't work well when the end date should be sometime in February. It gives me an error. For example, if I choose 11/30/2011 as a sign date and a term of 3 months, it should give me 2/29/2012, but it gives me an error. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks.

FORMULA:

DATE(Year(Acquiring_Contract_Sign_Date__c) +
FLOOR((MONTH(Acquiring_Contract_Sign_Date__c) +
Acquiring_Contract_Term__c - 1) / 12) ,

MOD(MONTH(Acquiring_Contract_Sign_Date__c) +
Acquiring_Contract_Term__c - 1, 12) + 1 ,

DAY(Acquiring_Contract_Sign_Date__c)) - 1

Our current SFDC environment has basically two sets of groups of users that are set up so that one group cannot see the other group's records, and vice-versa. Each group looks as if they have their own instance of SFDC, but are in fact in the same instance. For the sake of simplicity, we will call them Group A and GroupB.

We are not using Chatter right now because posts from Group A are visible to users in Group B, and vice-versa. We do not want this to happen. We want to use Chatter but we can't figure out a way to set up the security so that anything that happens either to a record owned by Group A or by a post from somebody in Group A cannot be seen by anyone in Group B, and vice-versa.

Are there are any of you that are set up this way? Any real-world examples that we can utilize to help us build the proper security around Chatter so we can use it? Please let me know. Thanks.

We have a custom object that our partner portal users utilize and right now they can see user lookup fields but at a read-only state with no hyperlink to the user record. The issue is that when we run a report, the partner portal users cannot see the user fields on the report. I looked and saw that you can't open up read visiblity to partner portal profiles by editing the profile.

Does anybody know how we can set it up so our partner portal users can see user-object lookup fields on the report just as they can on the page layout for the custom object? Thanks.

Does anybody know of a fairly "easy" way to count the number of campaigns on the lead/contact/opportunity objects? Can the code on the following site be tweaked fairly easily to do this?

Link: http://www.radialweb.com/2010/08/summarizing_salesforce_fields_with_triggers

I am not a developer and cannot write code from scratch so any help is appreciated.

Also, is it even possible to do this count on an opportunity? Or is it only possible on leads and contacts? Thanks.

I would like to tweak the apex class in the link below to only count activities with a type of "Call". How can I do that?

Link: http://www.radialweb.com/2010/08/summarizing_salesforce_fields_with_triggers/#comments

We have a company-sponsored Kudos program where our employees can go to recognize another employee for their efforts. We want to see if we can easily create a Chatter Feed within the recognized employee's Chatter profile when these Kudos are given. Is that possible? And if so, what would it entail? Is it as simple as an email-to-case functionality, or is it more complex than that?

I have the below formula that calculates an Acquiring Contract End Date based on the start date (Acquiring_Contract_Sign_Date__c) and a term (Acquiring_Contract_Term__c). It doesn't work well when the end date should be sometime in February. It gives me an error. For example, if I choose 11/30/2011 as a sign date and a term of 3 months, it should give me 2/29/2012, but it gives me an error. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks.

FORMULA:

DATE(Year(Acquiring_Contract_Sign_Date__c) +
FLOOR((MONTH(Acquiring_Contract_Sign_Date__c) +
Acquiring_Contract_Term__c - 1) / 12) ,

MOD(MONTH(Acquiring_Contract_Sign_Date__c) +
Acquiring_Contract_Term__c - 1, 12) + 1 ,

DAY(Acquiring_Contract_Sign_Date__c)) - 1

I would like to tweak the apex class in the link below to only count activities with a type of "Call". How can I do that?

Link: http://www.radialweb.com/2010/08/summarizing_salesforce_fields_with_triggers/#comments

I have a failed Deployment in an inbound Change set:

AvoidDuplicateUsageEntry   Test coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%, at least 1% test coverage is required

AvoidDuplicateUsageEntry is an Apex Trigger and the Code Coverage is 0%

This apex trigger was part of an RFP package from Salesforce labs that created a Custom Object named Questions. It has not failed before??

trigger AvoidDuplicateUsageEntry on Question__c (before insert) 
{
    for (Question__c question: Trigger.new)
    {
        if (question.Override_Warning__c == false)
        {
            try
            {
              Question__c[] q = [SELECT q.CreatedById, q.CreatedDate, q.Question__c from Question__c q where q.Response__c = :question.Response__c and q.RFP__c = :question.RFP__c ORDER BY CreatedDate desc];
              if (q.size() > 0)
              {
                  User u = [SELECT u.Name from User u where id = :q[0].CreatedById];
                  String questionStr = String.escapeSingleQuotes(q[0].Question__c);
                  questionStr = questionStr.replace('\"', '\\\"');
                  String userStr = String.escapeSingleQuotes(u.Name);
                  userStr = userStr.replace('\"', '\\\"');
                  String dateStr = q[0].CreatedDate.format('MM/dd/yyyy hh:mm a');
                  String errorJSON = 'var errorJSON = {timesUsed: ' + q.size() + ', question: \"' + questionStr + '\", user: \"' + userStr + '\", time: \"' + dateStr + '\"};';  
                  question.Response__c.addError(errorJSON);
              } // endif
            }
            catch (QueryException e)
            {
                // This is actually the non-error case.  The Question should not 
                // already exist.  Do nothing.
            }
        } // endif
    } // endfor
}

In any case, I can't seem to find out how to fix this failure so I can deploy my inbound change set.

I am a beginner and need a little help.

thanks!