• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi -

I'm cleaning up some data and I need to delete a Picklist value.  But I get the message:

The picklist value you attempted to delete is the last value for the following record types. This picklist must contain at least one value. Either add another value to the picklist or to the following record type.

How do I fix this?

thank you -

Sara

• September 25, 2013
Hi
I written a simple workflow in salesforce, i.e. E-Mail have to send when the Email field have a value. (Email=! null)But emails are not send to  particular domain. All Salesforce 52 IP Addresses are whitelisted. But still mail not send to that domain, please guide me to find out the reason.

I have a text field in one object, want to auto populate the another custom object id(which is standard autonumber) during status change(already wrote trigger for delete those records based on status, 'status' is a picklist field), how to accomplish this?

Hi
I written a simple workflow in salesforce, i.e. E-Mail have to send when the Email field have a value. (Email=! null)But emails are not send to  particular domain. All Salesforce 52 IP Addresses are whitelisted. But still mail not send to that domain, please guide me to find out the reason.

My org frequently has many users working on the same cases.  So a lot of times one user has a case pulled up in edit mode, while another user pulls up the case and edits and saves it.  So when the first user tries to save the case, all changes they have made are lost and they get an error message saying the case was edited by another user during their edit session.  

I see many Salesforce Ideas on this same topic, but nothing has been done.  

Does anyone know of a way to easily code some sort of alert that will notify the first user that the record has been edited?  Or at least a way of keeping the changes the first user made to the recor?

Hi there,

I'm newbie with salesforce environment so I've been developing some canvas as well as connection with Oauth to let users log in my web site. For the moment I manage to do it with a developer account and a force.com light account (free trial). At this moment everything is working well but I hesitate about what kind of license I need, I mean that I don't know if developer account is all I need to work or I'll need to purchase another kind of license.

Cheers

Hi,

I would like to schedule a report to run on a daily basis that pulls the records (created on previous day or modified on previous day).

Can we do this using salesforce reports?

I can see only one date field on the template which allows me to select the date range as "YESTERDAY". but I also want to add modified date as "YESTERDAY".

Created date = 'YESTERDAY" or modified date = "YESTERDAY".

I can do this if I hard code the dates. But user would not like modify the dates everyday.

Is this possible?

Please help!

• October 01, 2013

Hi,

I want to write a validation rule on  lead conversion.The condition will be like this:-

i. Lead status is a picklist value.If lead status is  'NDA Signed' then it will convert the lead.If lead status is except the NDA Signed and I will click the convert button it will display an error meassage like 'lead conversion not possible'.

• September 30, 2013

How to change the Approver?

Criteria:

If we have n number of Departments.in that case we have an one approver but it should vary based on the role of the departments.pls help me

• September 30, 2013

Hi Experts,

I am trying to export records using Apex data loader but found some issues. please refer below sample

Record In Salesforce

Transaction: Invoice# Amount Balance 1009988$346,748,512.48

$346,748,512.00

If i export same record using Apex data loader (abc.csv) then amount value got change to hexadecimal format.

"NAME","AKRITIV__AMOUNT__C"
"1009988","3.4674851248E8"

Please help. how can i fix this

• September 28, 2013

Hi -

I'm cleaning up some data and I need to delete a Picklist value.  But I get the message:

The picklist value you attempted to delete is the last value for the following record types. This picklist must contain at least one value. Either add another value to the picklist or to the following record type.

How do I fix this?

thank you -

Sara

• September 25, 2013
with the workflow I need to update a field value with text. when i give text in one line with double quotations its fine.
but my text value has 8 lines , i am getting syntax error when i give all this 4 lines in double quots.

error is : Missing   "

the value that i need to give on formulae editor  is :

B share Opt A – 7% fronted, 0.0% trail
B share Opt B – 5.75% fronted, 0.25% trail, year 2, paid qtrly
B share Opt C – 4.00% fronted, 0.50% trail, year 2, paid qtrly
B share Opt D – 3.50% fronted, 0.75% trail, year 4, paid qtrly
C share Opt A – 2.00% fronted, 1.00% trail, year 2, paid qtrly
C share Opt B – 1.15% fronted, 1.15% trail, year 2, paid qtrly
L share Opt A – 6.00% fronted, 1.00% trail, year 5, paid qtrly
L share Opt B – 4.00% fronted, 1.00% trail, year 2, paid qtrly

if i give all these in  "   "  quotations getting error? how should i give this long text value?
  • September 24, 2013

Hi All,

I have created a sharing rule for certain criteria.

How can edit it and change the previous criteria???

"share with" is not in editable mode.So how can I change this???

Thanks,

Vijay

I have a text field in one object, want to auto populate the another custom object id(which is standard autonumber) during status change(already wrote trigger for delete those records based on status, 'status' is a picklist field), how to accomplish this?

Hi,

I am planning to give admin certification in salesforce. Can anyone guide me as to how to go about the preparation,areas to focus upon, relevant study material(dumps) etc. Thanks in advance.