• Riskonnect

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I've created a visual workflow that asks the users for a number.  It maps to a number field on the quote object.  When I try to do a fast create for quote, I get the below error.

UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED --- ERRORS : (INVALID_TYPE_ON_FIELD_IN_RECORD) Term: value not of required type: 36 --- for SFDC record with ID : null,

The field in the quote does have the decimal places as two.  When I type in 36.00, I still get the error.  The only time I do not get the error is when I type in 36.01 or some number that has 2 decimal places.  I even created a new field to test, put decimal places as 0, and I still got the error.  Does anyone know how to create an input type field of number and have it update a field type of number?  My assignment is correct to assign the object field to the number.  The odd part about this is I am using fast create, do not have a record ID as I'm trying to create a new quote, yet it is showing that I am upserting...  The field Term is the number field that I am trying to update.  I am currently building this in my sandbox to test.  Any help would be appreciated!
Hello all,

With Salesforce's latest release, it appears to have broken file upload by guest users. I thought it was resolved with this ISSUE (https://trailblazer.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p3A000001YpGnQAK) but that doesn't seem to apply to my problem.

I have a Salesforce Site that hosts a visualforce page to allow guest users to update a custom object record and attach a file, via the [New] button on the Attachments related list. Now, however, that upload attempt sends the user to the Unauthorized page. So, I swapped the related list for an apex:inputFile component. The mere existence of that component causes the Unauthorized page upon submission.

Here's a sample page:
<apex:page controller="customController" doctype="html-5.0" showheader="false" sidebar="false">

<apex:outputpanel id="responsePnl">
	    <apex:form id="responseFrm">
	        <apex:pageblock id="responseBlock" mode="edit">
	            <apex:pageBlockButtons location="bottom">
	        		<apex:commandButton action="{!submitResponse}" value="Submit" rerender="responsePnl">
	        		</apex:commandButton>
	      		</apex:pageBlockButtons>
                <apex:inputFile value="{!att.body}" filename="{!att.name}"/>
            </apex:pageblock>            
	    </apex:form>
    </apex:outputpanel>
</apex:page>
and here's a sample controller:
public without sharing class customController{
    public Attachment att { get; set; }

public customController() {
		att = new Attachment(ParentId = 'a5p030000008Opb');
	}

public PageReference submitResponse() {
		if (att.Name != null) {
            insert att;
        }

return null;
	}
}

If the inputFile is commented out, there are no issues submitting.
I've checked Files > General Settings > "Allow site gue users to upload files"
The Site Guest Profile has Modify All permissions to the custom object.
Secure Guest User Record Access has been enabled and disabled.
Sharing Setting created to enable Read access to the parent object.

Is there something I overlooked with the new Guest permission enforcement?

Other notes:
inputFile causes failed submission everytime.
Attachment related list fails after going through the file upload wizard
Attachment relate list will allow successful update to the custom object if no file upload is attempted.

Hi All,

I've created a visual workflow that asks the users for a number.  It maps to a number field on the quote object.  When I try to do a fast create for quote, I get the below error.

UPSERT --- UPSERT FAILED --- ERRORS : (INVALID_TYPE_ON_FIELD_IN_RECORD) Term: value not of required type: 36 --- for SFDC record with ID : null,

The field in the quote does have the decimal places as two.  When I type in 36.00, I still get the error.  The only time I do not get the error is when I type in 36.01 or some number that has 2 decimal places.  I even created a new field to test, put decimal places as 0, and I still got the error.  Does anyone know how to create an input type field of number and have it update a field type of number?  My assignment is correct to assign the object field to the number.  The odd part about this is I am using fast create, do not have a record ID as I'm trying to create a new quote, yet it is showing that I am upserting...  The field Term is the number field that I am trying to update.  I am currently building this in my sandbox to test.  Any help would be appreciated!
Hi All,