• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi there,

For the particular way I'd like to work, it would be nice to somehow get the functionality of "Email to case" on the Campaign object - a sort of email2Campaign if you will.

I've tried to see if I can get a related list of emails added on the Campaign Layout, but don't see any way to do that. Not sure I can even relate an email to a Campaign, can I?

So I'm sort of thinking that maybe if a create a link to a secret Case "under the hood" using triggers on Campaign, then I could perhap somehow build an inline VF page to display the email list for the child Case on the Campaign view page.

Sound do-able, or is there a better way?

If I can get it to work, I might want to extend the same sort of "email2..." functionality on some custom objects I have.

Any idea why I can't get vertical alignment to work in a panelGrid?

I'm just trying to draw a simple table with two rows.

Each row has a (different) command button, the word "Status:", and then the actual status which is a dynamic string (the result from running the command).

The command button is taller than the text items, so I would like the text to v-align in the middle of it. What have I done wrong?

[This is just a fragment, and the functionality works fine, it just looks poor.]

<apex:panelGrid columns="3" id="theGrid" style="vertical-align:middle">
  <apex:commandButton value="Fetch something" action="{!fetch}" status="fetchStatus"
    reRender="theTable,fetchStatus"/>Status:
  <apex:actionStatus startText="Working..." stopText="{!fetchStatus}" id="fetchStatus"/>
  <apex:commandButton value="Create something" action="{!create}" status="createStatus"
  reRender="theTable,createStatus"/>Status:
  <apex:actionStatus startText="Working..." stopText="{!createStatus}" id="createStatus"/>
</apex:panelGrid>

Hi there, this is doing my head in.

I am trying to deploy a really simple class and a trigger which is working fine in my developer org across to my production org. I'm using the Force.com IDE in Eclipse.

When I go to deploy it I always get "The specified Package Version number does not exist for that Package".

Well that's true - I have a managed package installed in my DE which is newer than the version in my prod org, BUT (for this class) I DO NOT CARE. The new class has nothing whatever to do with the managed packages (which are the not-for-profit stuff from SFDC foundation, if that matters).

The class really is NOT dependant on the managed package, but I can't convince the deployment wizard that this is the case.

I've tried deleting the "packageVersions" entries in the class metadata XML, but they always come back again - even if I try to push the class back to the DE, the metadata always seems to flow back in the wrong direction.

I'm changed them to match the old package version that I have in my Production org, but they always get reset again.

In the DE org itself, I can see where these packageVersions dependencies get set, but I can't change them there - or remove them.

I don't want to upgrade the managed package in the production org (too risky), and I can't downgrade the version in my DE (it's deprecated).
 I just want to allow the deployment to continue regardless of this irrelevant package being different.

Any ideas?

Hi there,

For the particular way I'd like to work, it would be nice to somehow get the functionality of "Email to case" on the Campaign object - a sort of email2Campaign if you will.

I've tried to see if I can get a related list of emails added on the Campaign Layout, but don't see any way to do that. Not sure I can even relate an email to a Campaign, can I?

So I'm sort of thinking that maybe if a create a link to a secret Case "under the hood" using triggers on Campaign, then I could perhap somehow build an inline VF page to display the email list for the child Case on the Campaign view page.

Sound do-able, or is there a better way?

If I can get it to work, I might want to extend the same sort of "email2..." functionality on some custom objects I have.

Hi there, this is doing my head in.

I am trying to deploy a really simple class and a trigger which is working fine in my developer org across to my production org. I'm using the Force.com IDE in Eclipse.

When I go to deploy it I always get "The specified Package Version number does not exist for that Package".

Well that's true - I have a managed package installed in my DE which is newer than the version in my prod org, BUT (for this class) I DO NOT CARE. The new class has nothing whatever to do with the managed packages (which are the not-for-profit stuff from SFDC foundation, if that matters).

The class really is NOT dependant on the managed package, but I can't convince the deployment wizard that this is the case.

I've tried deleting the "packageVersions" entries in the class metadata XML, but they always come back again - even if I try to push the class back to the DE, the metadata always seems to flow back in the wrong direction.

I'm changed them to match the old package version that I have in my Production org, but they always get reset again.

In the DE org itself, I can see where these packageVersions dependencies get set, but I can't change them there - or remove them.

I don't want to upgrade the managed package in the production org (too risky), and I can't downgrade the version in my DE (it's deprecated).
 I just want to allow the deployment to continue regardless of this irrelevant package being different.

Any ideas?

I am trying to install IDE (force.com-ide-installer-win32.exe). First I had some trouble with the proxy settings in pulse explorer. I manage to overcome this. Then the installer stops with an error in forceide.exe:

JVM terminated. Exit code=-1

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

-Xms256m

-Xmx1024m

-XX:PermSize=128M

-XX:MaxPermSize=512M

-Djava.class.path=C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar

-os win32

-ws win32

-arch x86

-showsplash

-launcher C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\forceide.exe

-name Forceide

--launcher.library C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com

IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll

-startup C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar

-install C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE

-configuration C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\configuration

-clean

-vm C:/Programme/Java/jre6/bin\client\jvm.dll

-vmargs

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

-Xms256m

-Xmx1024m

-XX:PermSize=128M

-XX:MaxPermSize=512M

-Djava.class.path=C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.