• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hey all,

I am using the Customer Portal and i provide account access to different user in my application. I use the Standard Button "Share" on Account Layout and provide access using manual sharing. When ever i share an account , an entry in "AccountShare" Object is created.

The Problem is when i change the "Owner" of the account, all my sharing is removed for "AccountShare" object and Customer Portal User are not able to "Accounts" earlier shared to them.I have to do sharing again.

Im My application, Change of Account Owner is very frequent. Any Suggestion to get rid of this problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Dear Members,

I came accross a very surprising(annoying as well) problem when i tried to send the EMail using SingleEmailMessage.

I used setTargetObjectId(User.Id) and send near about 800 emails from my development org. My Email Limit remained as it is.

But when I used setTargetObjectId(Contact.Id) and tried to send the emails then i came Accross SINGLE_EMAIL_LIMIT_EXCEEDED.

Can anybody suggest and Provide input on this as salesforce documentation provide contradictory info in below Link:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_apex_governor_limits.htm

"There’s no limit on sending
individual emails to contacts, leads, person accounts, and users in your organization directly from account, contact,
lead, opportunity, case, campaign, or custom object pages.
"

"You can send an unlimited amount of email to your organization’s
internal users, which includes portal users.
"

Thanks In Advance,

Ghanshyam Bhatt

Hello EveryOne,

I am developing a portal and it contains the header and footer.Header contains logout button and Footer contains privacy policy.

I want to internationalize "logout" and "privacy policy" text. The Header and footer are configured as the HTML document in the Portal Configuration.

Can Anybody help me to internationalize it? Any Hook or crook method will do for us.

Thanks in Advance,

Ghanshyam Bhatt

Dear Members,

I am developing a portal. I am having Header and Footer into it. My footer contains Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. I want to show different Privacy Policy and Terms & Condition for different Users. SalesForce allow me to upload Header and Footer as HTML. But i want to make these pages using Apex VF page so that i can control its content from controller. I want to develop a layout which i can use on every page. I will keep on changing the body as per my clicks.

I want to develop a Java Tiles type concept here.

Any Idea guys.

Plese help and Thanks in Advance.

Ghanshyam Bhatt  

Hello Members,

I have a customer portal in which i have the Privacy policy and Terms & Condition of my client fro whom i am developing the solution. Can any body tell me how i can internationalize that text to some other language as i change language of my portal.

The Text is very lengthly as it is not wise to save in Custom Labels.

Any other Solution approach.

Thanks in Advance.

Ghanshyam Bhatt

Dear Members,

I am Providing I18n support in my Customer Portal. My Customer Portal Name is "Customer Portal User". In my browser title , i see it as "Customer Portal User" even if i change my language to French or spanish or so on. So, How can i translate it to french or spanish as portal user changes it language.

Pretty Urgent as production load is just tomorrow.

Thanks in Advance

Ghanshyam Bhatt

I am having a Portal in which i have created the My Profile Page. This page fetches the data from User Object and shows it on UI.One field on this page is language and locale. I want to show the portal user only English and French and Spanish lanugage. How i can control this language list.i want to make this language list permission based(configurable).

Do we have any configuration in the Portal to control this or we have to manage this on my own.

I wrote custom code for My Profile.

I used below query to fetch User object.

SELECT

id, email, username, usertype, communitynickname, timezonesidkey, languagelocalekey, firstname, lastname, phone, title,

street, city, country, postalcode, state, localesidkey, mobilephone, extension, fax, contact.email from User.

I tried using the Language Setting to select languages but It configured the lanugages under the Manage Users profile. It didnot helped me to configure language list available to portal user.

Please help guys. Thanks in advance

I am providing the support for Multiple language in my application but i am not able to change lanugage of Custom Tabs created in visual Force. Please provide help/ valuable comments guys.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Guys,

We got an error that our code not Enforced SF CRUD and FLS(http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php?title=Enforcing_CRUD_And_FLS) from Checkmarx report. we could not found anything wrrong in the code. please help me to resolve this issue,

---------------------------------------------
public class DefaultValues
{
public void SetDefaultValues()
{
if(Account.sObjectType.getDescribe().isCreateable())

if (Schema.sObjectType.Account.fields.Name.isCreateable() &&Schema.sObjectType.Account.fields.Description__c.isCreateable() && Schema.sObjectType.Account.fields.ObjectType__c.isCreateable() && Schema.sObjectType.Account.fields.EnabledStatus__c.isCreateable() )
{
List<Account> ListAccont=new List<Account>();
Account ObjAccountExact=new Account();
ObjAccountExact.Name='1st Pass - Strict';
ObjAccountExact.Description__c='Acct Name, Phone & City Exact';
ObjAccountExact.ObjectType__c='account';
ObjAccountExact.EnabledStatus__c='false';
ListAccont.Add(ObjAccountExact);
insert ListAccont;

}
}

}

Dear Members,

I came accross a very surprising(annoying as well) problem when i tried to send the EMail using SingleEmailMessage.

I used setTargetObjectId(User.Id) and send near about 800 emails from my development org. My Email Limit remained as it is.

But when I used setTargetObjectId(Contact.Id) and tried to send the emails then i came Accross SINGLE_EMAIL_LIMIT_EXCEEDED.

Can anybody suggest and Provide input on this as salesforce documentation provide contradictory info in below Link:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_apex_governor_limits.htm

"There’s no limit on sending
individual emails to contacts, leads, person accounts, and users in your organization directly from account, contact,
lead, opportunity, case, campaign, or custom object pages.
"

"You can send an unlimited amount of email to your organization’s
internal users, which includes portal users.
"

Thanks In Advance,

Ghanshyam Bhatt

Hello Members,

I have a customer portal in which i have the Privacy policy and Terms & Condition of my client fro whom i am developing the solution. Can any body tell me how i can internationalize that text to some other language as i change language of my portal.

The Text is very lengthly as it is not wise to save in Custom Labels.

Any other Solution approach.

Thanks in Advance.

Ghanshyam Bhatt

I am providing the support for Multiple language in my application but i am not able to change lanugage of Custom Tabs created in visual Force. Please provide help/ valuable comments guys.

Thanks in Advance.

We have custom labels defined for a site we're working on, that have been translated into several languages ... and according to SF documentation (http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/An_Introduction_to_Force.com_Sites ) it looks like we should be able to change the language setting for the site guest user to get the site to display the translations for us.

Passing a language parm to the page does work, but that requires handling the parameter and passing it from page to page in order to stay in that language.

Is there a limitation on the Site Guest User that would prevent us from changing the language?

Thanks,

Ron