• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I'm assessing the Force.com platform as a potential PaaS for an ISV. Is it possible the extend the configuration possibilities of platform? One example would be adding the possibility of conditional CRUD access to an object or field.

Example: Per default my Profile can access the Company object and CRUD it. I want to be able to define that if the company type is e.g. a hospital then I'm only allowed to view that record.

The same could be on a field-level: if the company type is a pharmacy, then I can CRUD the company but I'm not allowed to edit the revenue field for instance.

It would be interesting to know if:

- I can do that programmatically and

- If I can actually add that functionality to the back-end in order to extend the configuration possibilities of Force's security management.

Thanks!

Alex

I'm trying to understand how the financial aspect of the ISV embedded license progam works. Various sources indicate the ISV pays 25$ / user / month. The force.com page about ISV says you pay 25% of your net revenue as royalties to force.com.

So if have a sfdc-independent app, I sell it to 2 customers, with each 20 users and charge 50$ / user / month = 2000$ / month, how much do I have to pay in total in royalties?

Thanks a lot for your answers!