• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Some details:

• We've added some custom objects to our org.
  • We are building a connected app to sync data on these objects between our databases and Salesforce.
  • We're using the User/Password OAuth flow, as there is no "user" to enter their credentails.
  • I've created a user with a password that does not expire, it uses a profile that has API Enabled checked, as well as full CRUD access enabled for the custom objects.
  • I am using this user's credentaials for the connected app we are creating. (.NET Console application...if that helps.)
  • This is all currently being done in a sandbox on developer.force.com, with a developer account, not our enterprise acount and credentials.

I can make all the GET requests I want, but when I try to create a new object via my connected app, I always get  the following:

[{"message":"HTTP Method 'POST' not allowed. Allowed are HEAD,GET","errorCode":"METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED"}]

I have searched high and low for a setting to enable this and the other methods, and I just can't find it.  Do I enable it on each object? Is it on the user, the user's profile, the user's permision set? Is the OAuth flow I'm using prohibitive?

Any help very much appreciated. 

Some details:

• We've added some custom objects to our org.
  • We are building a connected app to sync data on these objects between our databases and Salesforce.
  • We're using the User/Password OAuth flow, as there is no "user" to enter their credentails.
  • I've created a user with a password that does not expire, it uses a profile that has API Enabled checked, as well as full CRUD access enabled for the custom objects.
  • I am using this user's credentaials for the connected app we are creating. (.NET Console application...if that helps.)
  • This is all currently being done in a sandbox on developer.force.com, with a developer account, not our enterprise acount and credentials.

I can make all the GET requests I want, but when I try to create a new object via my connected app, I always get  the following:

[{"message":"HTTP Method 'POST' not allowed. Allowed are HEAD,GET","errorCode":"METHOD_NOT_ALLOWED"}]

I have searched high and low for a setting to enable this and the other methods, and I just can't find it.  Do I enable it on each object? Is it on the user, the user's profile, the user's permision set? Is the OAuth flow I'm using prohibitive?

Any help very much appreciated.