• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I am new to salesforce, currenlty i facing an compiler error : Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject at bolded line. 

I'm not able to understand why i getting this error. Since i need to add KEY1__C value to the list.

kindly let me know if my usage of the code is wrong.

List<String> pereTechniqueParams = new List<String>();

for (String key1: [SELECT KEY1__c FROM Parameters__c WHERE TYPE__c = 'PERE_TECHNIQUE']){
pereTechniqueParams.add(key1.KEY1__c);  // Compile Error: Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject: String at line 30 column 41
}

Hi All,

Currently I'm facing an issue to select  the value from the same object. below here i provided the query. 

I'm migration java-j2ee application to a salesforce, thisbelow  query works in my sql. I'm trying to do the same here in SOQL.

But it doesn't works. Could somebody can help me.

SELECT DATA1__c, TEXT__c FROM PARAMETERS__c WHERE ( (TYPE__c = 'ADMINISTRATEUR') AND (KEY1__c LIKE 'MONTAGE%') (AND KEY2__c = '')) AND (DATA1__c IN (SELECT KEY1__c FROM Parameters__c WHERE TYPE__c = 'PERE_TECHNIQUE'))

Here in the above query i need to take the value where TYPE is based on 'TECHNIQUE' where KEY1__c should be matched to DATA1__c from the outer query.

Here query is very similar to below example

SELECT Id FROM Idea WHERE ((Idea.Title LIKE 'Vacation%') AND (CreatedDate > YESTERDAY)  AND (Id IN (SELECT ParentId FROM Vote WHERE CreatedById = '005x0000000sMgYAAU'))

The only difference is here they have used IN clause with different object, in my query i'm trying to use IN clause from the same object.

Kindly let me know in case of any further clarifications. 

Hi Guys,

Im very new to salesforce, I'm facing issue in displaying a pop-up below i have given my question, kindly let me know in case of any further clarification if question is not very clear.

I would like to have a pop-up (like a look-up) feature for a custom object in visualforce page when we click on lookup image, but it should have my own defined column. I tried to refer many examples but I couldn’t find right one.

For example, if we take an account object I would like to have my preferred column (not giving like this <apex:inputField value="{!acc.ownerid}" /> this will give only the account subject to the owner id ) here I would like to have all the Account Name and Account Site. The Account Name should have a link and if the user click Account Name the value should be placed in the Text Field.

Regards,

Arun

Hi All,

I am new to salesforce, currenlty i facing an compiler error : Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject at bolded line. 

I'm not able to understand why i getting this error. Since i need to add KEY1__C value to the list.

kindly let me know if my usage of the code is wrong.

List<String> pereTechniqueParams = new List<String>();

for (String key1: [SELECT KEY1__c FROM Parameters__c WHERE TYPE__c = 'PERE_TECHNIQUE']){
pereTechniqueParams.add(key1.KEY1__c);  // Compile Error: Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject: String at line 30 column 41
}

Hi Guys,

Im very new to salesforce, I'm facing issue in displaying a pop-up below i have given my question, kindly let me know in case of any further clarification if question is not very clear.

I would like to have a pop-up (like a look-up) feature for a custom object in visualforce page when we click on lookup image, but it should have my own defined column. I tried to refer many examples but I couldn’t find right one.

For example, if we take an account object I would like to have my preferred column (not giving like this <apex:inputField value="{!acc.ownerid}" /> this will give only the account subject to the owner id ) here I would like to have all the Account Name and Account Site. The Account Name should have a link and if the user click Account Name the value should be placed in the Text Field.

Regards,

Arun

I have a Apex Page that looks like this:

<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardController="News__c">
        <apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.background_template)}"/>
        <apex:pageBlock title="News">
            <apex:outputField value="{!News__c.News__c}"/>
        </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:page>

When it renders to the page, it looks like this:

How would I get it so that the News Block is lined up at the top with the stuff on the left? I want it to look like this:

Hi,

Actually i am trying to edit a pagelayout and filling one of the section with VF page.

The VF page has <apex:pageBlock> elememt. Beacuse of this i am getting pageborder to this page.

So what is the css or solution to remove this pageborder without removing the <apex:pageblock> element from page.

Regards,

Chandra