• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Trying to allow our volunteers to update their email address through our website. They are logging in through drupal where their email and other information is stored and synced with SF. If they change their email address on the web-page, drupal passes that over to SF and that's where it fails. Salesforce will not allow us to change an email on a "record", (contact really, because we're running the NPSP). It always returns the error message, "a contact with this email already exists" which of course is not true.

If I delete the blockDuplicates_tgr it will allow me to update an email, though obviously that is not really the best idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trying to allow our volunteers to update their email address through our website. They are logging in through drupal where their email and other information is stored and synced with SF. If they change their email address on the web-page, drupal passes that over to SF and that's where it fails. Salesforce will not allow us to change an email on a "record", (contact really, because we're running the NPSP). It always returns the error message, "a contact with this email already exists" which of course is not true.

If I delete the blockDuplicates_tgr it will allow me to update an email, though obviously that is not really the best idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated.