• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I am developing VF page using renderAs PDF. I am unable to open the link in new tab using target="_blank".  Here is the code

<a href="https://www.google.co.in" class="myButton" target="_blank" style="text-align:center;padding:20px 20px 20px 20px">Send Email</a>

Can some help me to solve this issue.

R - Manu
Hi all,

I am using standard controller to show all the fields and fields values of a particular object in VF Page. 

Now I have created one button on the VF page. On click of the button the entire record should be send as an email in XML format. 

I am not getting any way to convert the data into XML. 

Can someone help how can I achieve this requirement.

Thanks,
Manu
Hi all,

Can some one please help me to answer this question - 

In Master-Detail relationship scenario the fields of the parent object need to
be displayed in the related list. How will a developer design this?
a. Cross-object formula field
b. Workflow rule
c. Validation rule
d. Assignment rule

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Manu
Hi all,

Can someone help me to answer the below question.

Which element is included in security model of Force.com sites. Choose two answers
A. Full CRUD Permissions on all custom objets
B. Read/Write Permissions on all standard objects
C. Named visualforce pages
D. Restricted IP ranges

R - Manu
Hi all,

Can some one please tell me what is the difference between self and Hiearchical relationships in salesforce ? 

I guess both are same but when referring to User object they say Hierarchial Relationship and When referring to custom object they are calling it as Self relationship. But i dont know why and what is the difference ?

Thanks in advance

R - Manu
Hi all,

Can someone help me to answer this question.

What can cross object formula reference?
A. Child object Records only
B. Other Records of the same object
C. Parent object Records only
D. Both parent and Child Object Records

I guess the correct answer is A but some onw said the answer is D. Can some one please help me to understand this.

Thanks,
Manu
Hi all,

I have developeed a VF page and  downloading the page in excel format on button click using contentType="application/vnd.ms-excel#FILENAME.xls" cache="true"

Please note that my entire page is in HTML table format using the style attributes and style classes.

After downloading the excel file, I am unable to see any style which I have mentioned in the VF Page.  For eg. The background color of the page is Red and when I downloaded it is normal in excel file. 

Can someone please help me to overcome this problem ?

Thanks,
Manu
Hi,

How can I generate the VF Page in both PDF and MS Excel ?

I used renderAs="PDF" and contentType="application/vnd.ms-excel#FILENAME.xls" cache="true" on the same VF page but I am able to get only PDF but not excel format. If I remove the renderAs="PDF", then I am able to get excel file. 

How can i achieve both at a time on singlr button click.

Thanks for your help in advance.

R - Manu
Hi,

I am confused to understand the differences between page layout and mini page layout and I really the didn't understand the following word. Can some pleas ehelp me here

1. What is "Console View"
2. What is difference between Page Layout, Mini Page Layout, Search Layout and any other layout if available.

Would be grateful if someone can help me.

Thanks in advance,
Manu

Hi all,

Can some one help me to answer this with reason ?

Which of the following is NOT a step in creating a junction object?
a. Creating the custom object to serve as the junction object between the two master objects
b. Creating two Master-Detail relationships
c. Customizing the related lists on the page layouts of the two master objects
d. Creating two lookup relationships

Thanks in advance,
Manu
Hi all,

I have created a new profile named 'admin2' based on the system administrator profile. However I have restricted admin2 profile with only few objects.

Now I have created a user and assigned admin2 profile. When this user is logged in, the restricted objects were completely hidden but this user having the access to change his own profile. User is able to change his own profile and able to change the permissions that system administrator assigned.

The user logged in with admin2 profile access should not have access to change his own profile.

How can I achieve this?

R - Manu
Hi all,

I am trying to send an email using single email message and I am unable to overcome the SINGLE_EMAIL_LIMIT_EXCEEDED exception.  I am using html email template and I am using the mail.setTargetObjectId(con.Id) as contact Id. When I am sending an email to contact, is it still considered as external email?

By the search I cam to know that email to User, Contact and Lead is considered as salesforce internal emails and linitation will not applicable for this. Please correct me if this is wrong.

I think this exception will not come, if the email is considered as salesforce internal email?

Please help me to overcome this exception. Below is the code I have used.

public PageReference sendEmail() {
    Customer__c customer;
    customer = [ SELECT Id, Email__c, Name, Salesforce_Org_Id__c FROM Customer__c WHERE Id =: 'a009000000q4Rek'];
    contact con = new contact();
    con.email = 'manu.tej@ceptes.com';
    con.LastName = 'Manu';
    insert con;
        Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
            EmailTemplate et =[SELECT Id, HtmlValue, DeveloperName FROM EmailTemplate WHERE DeveloperName = 'Order_Delivery_Email' ];
            String subject = 'Order Reference Number : ORD - 010' ;
            String emailBody = ((String)et.HtmlValue).replace('**Customer Name**',customerName ).replace('**Order Reference Number**',customerName );
            String [] toAddresses = new String [] {emailAddress};
            mail.setTargetObjectId(con.Id);
            mail.setSubject(subject);
            mail.setSaveAsActivity(false);
            mail.setHtmlBody(emailBody);
            mail.setSenderDisplayName('Support');
        Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });
    return null;
    }

Thanks in advance.

R - Manu
Hi all,

I am using a custom html email template and sending one email. Inside the email body, I should able to fetch the object records dynamically and arrange in a html table and send the email.

Is this possible to achieve this using html custom email template?

R - Manu
Hi,

I have written a style class as follows
.myButton {
color: white;
background: #006DCC;
border-left: 0px;
border-top: 0px;
border-bottom: 0px;
border-right: 0px;
width: 60px;
height: 22px;
}

The above class is for the following button -
<apex:commandButton value="Show Features" styleClass="myButton" />

But the button formatted with color and background. All remaining properties applied to button. When I do inspect element, I am seeing that color and background properties were striked out.

Can someone help me in chnaging the text color and background color of the button.

Thanks,
Manu

Hi,

I am using Email services to pass the records from one developer org to another development org. Once I click a button in org1, few records should be transfered from org 1 to org2.

How can I add the list of records to email body and pass this to the Json String?

Can some one help me here?

R - Manu

Hi all,

I am displaying a custom UI of three sections on click of 'Edit' button.

Now I have to freeze(should not be editable but Viewable) all the fields in the first two sections and third section should be editable.

How can I achieve this?

R - Manu

Hi all,

I am displaying a custom UI of three sections on click of 'Edit' button.

Now I have to freeze(should not be editable but Viewable) all the fields in the first two sections and third section should be editable.

How can I achieve this?

R - Manu

Hello all,

I am trying to push one code from my Force.com Eclipse to other sandbox organization. When selected the folder in Eclipse and clicked on "Deploy to Server" in the final validation step it throws me an error showing "package.xml : Cannot deploy installed package in Package Manifest with any other types!".

Not only code even if I am trying to move some custom objects also it throws the same error. Finally I am not able to push any thing from my Eclipse to any org. 

Can someone please help me how to clear this error and push the stuff into org.

Regards,

Manu.

Hi all,

Can someone please explain me List, Set and Map with simple programs as examples.

I have already gone through the Salesforce http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_methods_system_list.htm and other two links for Set and Map. Unluckily I am not able to understand any thing in this as I am new to write the code.

Please help..

Regards,

Manu.

Hi all,

This is the first time I am using trigger on salesforce. So please explain in detail.

I have an custom object and there is a field called status (checkbox datatype). Whenever a record is created this field should be automatically change the status to open. 

Please explain how to write trigger for this.

Regards,

Manu

Hi all,

Can some one please tell me what is the difference between self and Hiearchical relationships in salesforce ? 

I guess both are same but when referring to User object they say Hierarchial Relationship and When referring to custom object they are calling it as Self relationship. But i dont know why and what is the difference ?

Thanks in advance

R - Manu
Hi all,

I am developing VF page using renderAs PDF. I am unable to open the link in new tab using target="_blank".  Here is the code

<a href="https://www.google.co.in" class="myButton" target="_blank" style="text-align:center;padding:20px 20px 20px 20px">Send Email</a>

Can some help me to solve this issue.

R - Manu
Hi all,

I am using standard controller to show all the fields and fields values of a particular object in VF Page. 

Now I have created one button on the VF page. On click of the button the entire record should be send as an email in XML format. 

I am not getting any way to convert the data into XML. 

Can someone help how can I achieve this requirement.

Thanks,
Manu
Hi all,

Can someone help me to answer the below question.

Which element is included in security model of Force.com sites. Choose two answers
A. Full CRUD Permissions on all custom objets
B. Read/Write Permissions on all standard objects
C. Named visualforce pages
D. Restricted IP ranges

R - Manu
Hi all,

Can someone help me to answer this question.

What can cross object formula reference?
A. Child object Records only
B. Other Records of the same object
C. Parent object Records only
D. Both parent and Child Object Records

I guess the correct answer is A but some onw said the answer is D. Can some one please help me to understand this.

Thanks,
Manu
Hi all,

I have developeed a VF page and  downloading the page in excel format on button click using contentType="application/vnd.ms-excel#FILENAME.xls" cache="true"

Please note that my entire page is in HTML table format using the style attributes and style classes.

After downloading the excel file, I am unable to see any style which I have mentioned in the VF Page.  For eg. The background color of the page is Red and when I downloaded it is normal in excel file. 

Can someone please help me to overcome this problem ?

Thanks,
Manu
Hi,

I am confused to understand the differences between page layout and mini page layout and I really the didn't understand the following word. Can some pleas ehelp me here

1. What is "Console View"
2. What is difference between Page Layout, Mini Page Layout, Search Layout and any other layout if available.

Would be grateful if someone can help me.

Thanks in advance,
Manu

Hi all,

Can some one help me to answer this with reason ?

Which of the following is NOT a step in creating a junction object?
a. Creating the custom object to serve as the junction object between the two master objects
b. Creating two Master-Detail relationships
c. Customizing the related lists on the page layouts of the two master objects
d. Creating two lookup relationships

Thanks in advance,
Manu
Hi,

I have written a style class as follows
.myButton {
color: white;
background: #006DCC;
border-left: 0px;
border-top: 0px;
border-bottom: 0px;
border-right: 0px;
width: 60px;
height: 22px;
}

The above class is for the following button -
<apex:commandButton value="Show Features" styleClass="myButton" />

But the button formatted with color and background. All remaining properties applied to button. When I do inspect element, I am seeing that color and background properties were striked out.

Can someone help me in chnaging the text color and background color of the button.

Thanks,
Manu

Hi all,

This is the first time I am using trigger on salesforce. So please explain in detail.

I have an custom object and there is a field called status (checkbox datatype). Whenever a record is created this field should be automatically change the status to open. 

Please explain how to write trigger for this.

Regards,

Manu

Hi all,

Please tell me the difference between Itemvalue and ItemLabel attributes.

In one code I have seen <apex:selectOption itemValue="Course" itemLabel="Course Name"/>

Please explain what purpose these both attributes are using in the above line. Request explanation in detail as I am brand new to Salesforce.

Regards,

Manu