• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Greetings. I am rather good with SF tool on the front end and very very new to Apex code. I was unable to build a workflow that would update the field "Stage picklist" in an opportunity record based on a date field. As you all know, workflows do not interface with picklist fields. I am in need of some trigger code to fix this.

The Apex trigger code would allow a particular close dates expiration to trigger  a change in picklist status. So, for example, on 5/31/13, the picklist field denotes: "Current Student" but on 6/2/2013 (once the close date is passed), I would like to build a trigger that changes the field "Stage"  from "Current Student" to "Alumnus". I have been doing all sorts of training on Apex code and can get around in the console okay but I don't feel confident in trying to build the code that would acheive this functionality. 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
Micael

Greetings. I am rather good with SF tool on the front end and very very new to Apex code. I was unable to build a workflow that would update the field "Stage picklist" in an opportunity record based on a date field. As you all know, workflows do not interface with picklist fields. I am in need of some trigger code to fix this.

The Apex trigger code would allow a particular close dates expiration to trigger  a change in picklist status. So, for example, on 5/31/13, the picklist field denotes: "Current Student" but on 6/2/2013 (once the close date is passed), I would like to build a trigger that changes the field "Stage"  from "Current Student" to "Alumnus". I have been doing all sorts of training on Apex code and can get around in the console okay but I don't feel confident in trying to build the code that would acheive this functionality. 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
Micael