• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am looking for (preferably) an app exchange app that allows you to generate an org chart of relations between custom objects.

We are using Financial Force for managing multiple companies which in turn are managed by 1 mother company who will be the only one using the FFA/Salesforce account. Companies are currently defined in the dimension 1 object inside FinancialForce. Relations between these companies exist through a parent-child relation. What we want is a visual way of showing these relationships, preferably interactive. I googled an example of our situation. This is just a googled image but actually shows the same kind of relationships we have in FinancialForce/Salesforce. Ideally we'd want an org chart that allows you to click the relations which will then lead you straight to the details of that company. 

I have looked at several appexchange applications, but none seem to provide what we need. Usually the generation of an org chart is limited to the opportunities and accounts objects.

So my question is, is there a salesforce app that can do what we want?
If not, What would be the best way to implement it? Personally I do not have any experience developing for salesforce, but it seems easy enough to do for someone who does have the necessary experience. The relations are already there, and I know there are open source libraries for creating org charts. 

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to put it. 

Thanks in advance!

I am looking for (preferably) an app exchange app that allows you to generate an org chart of relations between custom objects.

We are using Financial Force for managing multiple companies which in turn are managed by 1 mother company who will be the only one using the FFA/Salesforce account. Companies are currently defined in the dimension 1 object inside FinancialForce. Relations between these companies exist through a parent-child relation. What we want is a visual way of showing these relationships, preferably interactive. I googled an example of our situation. This is just a googled image but actually shows the same kind of relationships we have in FinancialForce/Salesforce. Ideally we'd want an org chart that allows you to click the relations which will then lead you straight to the details of that company. 

I have looked at several appexchange applications, but none seem to provide what we need. Usually the generation of an org chart is limited to the opportunities and accounts objects.

So my question is, is there a salesforce app that can do what we want?
If not, What would be the best way to implement it? Personally I do not have any experience developing for salesforce, but it seems easy enough to do for someone who does have the necessary experience. The relations are already there, and I know there are open source libraries for creating org charts. 

I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to put it. 

Thanks in advance!