• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Q: Has anyone ever altered the Action Plans app to create tasks in a custom object rather than the standard Task object?

I thought I'd find out if anyone has done any customization of the Action Plans v3 (unmanaged) app from the AppExchange, particularly around Tasks. Here is what I am trying to determine feasibility on:

• We like the ease of use of the task-to-task dependency logic. Close a task, 1 or more open...this portion of the app is great
  • What we'd like to change is the underlying task object...instead of creating standard tasks, have the Action Plan insert records in a custom task object. When those close, other custom tasks are inserted.

My gut instinct is: "If you do that, it's going to be more trouble than just recreating it", but I thought maybe someone might have some insight. Thanks!

• October 17, 2013

Q: Has anyone ever altered the Action Plans app to create tasks in a custom object rather than the standard Task object?

I thought I'd find out if anyone has done any customization of the Action Plans v3 (unmanaged) app from the AppExchange, particularly around Tasks. Here is what I am trying to determine feasibility on:

• We like the ease of use of the task-to-task dependency logic. Close a task, 1 or more open...this portion of the app is great
  • What we'd like to change is the underlying task object...instead of creating standard tasks, have the Action Plan insert records in a custom task object. When those close, other custom tasks are inserted.

My gut instinct is: "If you do that, it's going to be more trouble than just recreating it", but I thought maybe someone might have some insight. Thanks!

• October 17, 2013

Hi Everybody,

We have created Action plan for Account related objects thru AppExchange, same way we need to create Action plan for Custom object.

Please share your ideas.

Thanks,

Krishna

• May 03, 2011