• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Can someone please explain to me how the introduction of communities affects force.com users. My Salesforce sales rep is saying that after July 31, the force.com authenticated website users will be discontinued and you have to switch to communities. this does not make any sense to me as the communities functionality is not relevant to force.com. Can anyone please provide whatever information they might have. Customer community licenses as opposed to authenticated website licenses are about 5 times the cost for functionality that i dont want. All i want is authentication.

"The Authenticated Website high-volume portal user license is specifically designed to be used with Force.com sites. Because it's designed for high volumes, it should be a cost-effective option to use with Force.com sites."

https://na14.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_platform_portal_implementation_guide.pdf

Thank you for your help.

Adam

Hi,

Can someone please explain to me how the introduction of communities affects force.com users. My Salesforce sales rep is saying that after July 31, the force.com authenticated website users will be discontinued and you have to switch to communities. this does not make any sense to me as the communities functionality is not relevant to force.com. Can anyone please provide whatever information they might have. Customer community licenses as opposed to authenticated website licenses are about 5 times the cost for functionality that i dont want. All i want is authentication.

"The Authenticated Website high-volume portal user license is specifically designed to be used with Force.com sites. Because it's designed for high volumes, it should be a cost-effective option to use with Force.com sites."

https://na14.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_platform_portal_implementation_guide.pdf

Thank you for your help.

Adam

Hi,

are Force.com Sites still available in summer 13 release? I cannot find Sites and Portals anymore in my environment. Or do I have to enable them first? Do I need a customer portal license first to play arround with it?

What possibilities do I have now to have a fully customized public web pages or fully customized user login required webpage? When looking into the the new salesforce communities the customization seems to be quite limited.

Thanks