• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I am facing an issue to reRender apex:include through a commandLink, below is the part of the code

<apex:page id="mainVisualforcePg" controller="xyzController" id="vfPg1">

<apex:include pageName="menuBarVisualforcePg" id="VfPg2"/>

<apex:pageMessages id="error"/>
<apex:commandLink action="{!addToCart}" reRender="VfPg2">Add to Cart</apex:commandLink>

</apex:page>

when click on the "Add to Cart" link it try to reRender 'menuBarVisualforcePg", but after reRender the 'menuBarVisualforcePg" will disappera

So i tried putting the apex:include in apex:outputPanel - same issues

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then i tried this
<script type="text/javascript">
       function reloadPage()
      {
              location.reload();
       }
</script>

<apex:commandLink action="{!addToCart}" reRender="VfPg2" oncomplete="reloadPage()">Add to Cart</apex:commandLink>

This works but i do some validation in controller if commandLink action "addToCart" faills - i display error messages but  oncomplete="reloadPage()" will not show the disaplyed message

I am not able to come up with a solution to resolve this issue - any help is greatly appricated

Thanks
Nithin

Hello,

In a Custom object, i have 2 records "RecA" and "RecB" both of these recors have standard page layout 

RecB is created from RecA - what i mean is, user has to open RecA -> there is Standard URL button in RecA standard page layout, once the user click on it new page is opened to create RecB where certain fields from RecA is alreayd auto-populated 

since i couldn't use clone button -i was able to achieve this through stard URL Button. where i could pass the value from one stard page to another through URL

All the fields are copied the way i wanted except in RecA there is lookup field - which looks upto Account, so what ever the value i have in the Lookup filed in RecA is not auto-populating to RecB lookup field 

part of URL Button code: "00AF0000001QcBe={!Account.Name}

this issue is happening only with lookup fields - how could i achive this

Any Help is much appricated.

I need to query custom field id from controller and use that value in URL to pass certain values to next startad page layout

for example my custom object is 'objecttst1__c' and it has following fields
'texttst1__c' -- Unique Text Filed data type
'datetst1__c' -- Date type data field
'picklisttst1__c' --- Picklist Data filed

so how do i query their id and pass them in URL

URL will be some thing like this

// Adding in values from Contact Search page.
urlString += '&00AA000000953Aa=' + objecttst1__c.texttst1__c;
urlString += '&00AA000000954Ab=' + objecttst1__c.datetst1__c;
urlString += '&00AA000000955Az=' + objecttst1__c.picklisttst1__c;

instead of this '&00AA000000953Aa=' hardcoded value i want query the field ID and pass it in URL
how do i do that

Any Help is much appricated

Hello,

I created two custom object for my application and created tabs as well. every thing is visible for me and working perfect

I have admin profile for my self in sandbox where the application is present, i created 2 other profile for users with different permission sets 

In Both the profile and persmision set - i have give different criter but TAB is visible 

but when i log in as a user, all i can see is only one tab for only one custom object out of two - other one is not shown, both the custom object have same setting in profile and permission set 

when i make the tab of object that isn't visible as default object for that app, now when i log in as user - it still tab not visible but salesforce is diaplaying "Insufficient Privileges: You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary

I have tried lot of thing non seems to work - if any one has any ideas or suggestion 

would be great help

thanks

I know Page layout is driven by Record type or Object 

i have a requirement, where i have 2 different page layout associated to same record type 

one page layout is driven by record type and another one i want to drive it with a custom button 

Is it possible to drive different page layouts from Custom Button ??

Any help is much appreciated

Nithin

Hi Guys,

I am new to VF and Apex coding

I went though a lot of topic similar to this but no solution to my problem 

Problem: in my VF 

<apex:inputField id="searchRecordNo" value="{!Record_Tracking_System__c.Record_No__c}" required="true" />

where 'Record_No__c' is a record number user enter in VF - i want to pass this user entered value to controller extension 

for that, this is what i did:

public Record_Tracking_System__c record {get; set;} 

// Constructor
public RecordControllerExt(ApexPages.StandardController Controller) {

// Initz
record = new Record_Tracking_System__c ();

}

next i want to pass this user entered record number from controller to Record_Tracking_System__c  object filed 'Record_No__c' in standard page layout through URL 

for that, in controller extension i did this 

urlString += '&00NQ000000158Bb=' + record.Record_No__c;

where '00NQ000000158Bb' is the filed id of Record_No__c

but the problem is when i go to standard layout for Record_Tracking_System__c, Record_No__c field is showing 'null' instead of user entered record number 

any help is much appreciated 

Hello,

I am facing an issue to reRender apex:include through a commandLink, below is the part of the code

<apex:commandLink action="{!addToCart}" reRender="VfPg2">Add to Cart</apex:commandLink>

when click on the "Add to Cart" link it try to reRender 'menuBarVisualforcePg", but after reRender the 'menuBarVisualforcePg" will disappera

So i tried putting the apex:include in apex:outputPanel - same issues

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then i tried this
<script type="text/javascript">
       function reloadPage()
      {
              location.reload();
       }
</script>

<apex:commandLink action="{!addToCart}" reRender="VfPg2" oncomplete="reloadPage()">Add to Cart</apex:commandLink>

This works but i do some validation in controller if commandLink action "addToCart" faills - i display error messages but  oncomplete="reloadPage()" will not show the disaplyed message

I am not able to come up with a solution to resolve this issue - any help is greatly appricated

Thanks
Nithin

Hello,

In a Custom object, i have 2 records "RecA" and "RecB" both of these recors have standard page layout 

RecB is created from RecA - what i mean is, user has to open RecA -> there is Standard URL button in RecA standard page layout, once the user click on it new page is opened to create RecB where certain fields from RecA is alreayd auto-populated 

since i couldn't use clone button -i was able to achieve this through stard URL Button. where i could pass the value from one stard page to another through URL

All the fields are copied the way i wanted except in RecA there is lookup field - which looks upto Account, so what ever the value i have in the Lookup filed in RecA is not auto-populating to RecB lookup field 

part of URL Button code: "00AF0000001QcBe={!Account.Name}

this issue is happening only with lookup fields - how could i achive this

Any Help is much appricated.

I need to query custom field id from controller and use that value in URL to pass certain values to next startad page layout

for example my custom object is 'objecttst1__c' and it has following fields
'texttst1__c' -- Unique Text Filed data type
'datetst1__c' -- Date type data field
'picklisttst1__c' --- Picklist Data filed

so how do i query their id and pass them in URL

URL will be some thing like this

// Adding in values from Contact Search page.
urlString += '&00AA000000953Aa=' + objecttst1__c.texttst1__c;
urlString += '&00AA000000954Ab=' + objecttst1__c.datetst1__c;
urlString += '&00AA000000955Az=' + objecttst1__c.picklisttst1__c;

instead of this '&00AA000000953Aa=' hardcoded value i want query the field ID and pass it in URL
how do i do that

Any Help is much appricated

Hi Guys,

I am new to VF and Apex coding

I went though a lot of topic similar to this but no solution to my problem 

Problem: in my VF 

<apex:inputField id="searchRecordNo" value="{!Record_Tracking_System__c.Record_No__c}" required="true" />

where 'Record_No__c' is a record number user enter in VF - i want to pass this user entered value to controller extension 

for that, this is what i did:

public Record_Tracking_System__c record {get; set;} 

// Constructor
public RecordControllerExt(ApexPages.StandardController Controller) {

// Initz
record = new Record_Tracking_System__c ();

}

next i want to pass this user entered record number from controller to Record_Tracking_System__c  object filed 'Record_No__c' in standard page layout through URL 

for that, in controller extension i did this 

urlString += '&00NQ000000158Bb=' + record.Record_No__c;

where '00NQ000000158Bb' is the filed id of Record_No__c

but the problem is when i go to standard layout for Record_Tracking_System__c, Record_No__c field is showing 'null' instead of user entered record number 

any help is much appreciated