• SF Admin
  • Epson America, Inc.

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have to iterate between thousand of records and I was thinking of using a uniqueid field that I have, but I cant use the numeric value of it. Seems its treated like string. Is there any way that I can compare numeric values with auto number values?

AND (uniqueid__c > i AND uniqueid__c < i+5000)
Hi to all,

I am trying to pre-populate Ownerid on a new Lead based on a dropdown menu. But it doesnt work. Any ideas?

User-added image
User-added image

I am trying to use jQuery, Datatables and Visualforce on a page. My data4 variable can't be calculated  . All other works excellent (including data3 variable).

Note that you need to approach differently the salesforce field in and out of the function.

Any ideas how to extend the dot notation inside the function?
User-added image
Hello,

I have created a visualforce page and a class and these are two different <apex:page> command that I am testing. One is for just displaying the page and one to extract to xls. Now when it creates the xls, everything looks ok. When it displays on a page then in the beggining I see all those dots that I am not sure where they are coming from. Any ideas?

PS. I am using <<apex:dataList> on the visualforce due to complex SQL on the class.
Hi to all,

I am working on a project that I have to crate a unique id ..integer.. by converting salesforce id from alphanumeric to integer every time a new account is saved or updated-and-field-is-empty. I have written a trigger creating that field by removing letters from salesforce id but I receive a read only error when I try to update account record (after insert, after update). If I use it before insert, before update then salesforce id hasn't been created yet. How do I handle this? Ideas? PS. quite new to Apex ... 

Hi all!  Anyone have any ideas on this?

I have a forecasting function button in the Opportunity called Establish Schedule that is generating the following error:

Visualforce Error

System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

Class.EstablishScheduleController.__sfdc_FirstDate: line 20, column 1
Class.EstablishScheduleController.__sfdc_Year1: line 232, column 1
Class.EstablishScheduleController.__sfdc_Year2Len: line 250, column 1     

Here are the lines.  I can't paste the entire code because this site won't let me post that many characters.

20)       return objOpportunity.Est_Scheduled_Start_Date__c.toStartOfMonth();

232)     return String.valueOf(FirstDate.year());

250)         if (Year1 == Year2) return 0;

I'd be happy to provide the entire code via email or any other means if you can help out.  Thanks!!

Hello all! 

I need to set up inline editing of the Description field of Quote Line Items related list within the Quotes section.  Basically, I need to be able to quickly edit the line item description to create a one-off description that won't save over the original description, but will still appear correctly on the quote PDF.  I have seen this done before but cannot figure out how it might be accomplished.  Any ideas?

Hi all!

We are setting up quotes but we need to be able to select discount % for an entire quote.  Currently we have to create a discount for every line item, but that is cumbersome and we'd really like to be able to just select it once for the whole quote.

So, is there a way to set up a field in the Quote page from which you can select a discount % and it will automatically apply that discount to the quote grand total?  I presume it's a simple formula, but I'm not a developer and you guys are all geniuses!

Thanks!

What's up 

Is there a way to use the TODAY or YEAR (or some other one) functions to take a static number in a field and calculate an amount of time?  

What I'm getting at is, if a company submits a lead today and tells us they've been in business for 10 years, is there a way to write a formula that will say 11 years next year, 12 years two years from now, etc?  I'm a brand new admin so my developing skills are pretty much non-existent.  You guys are geniuses as far as I'm concerned.

I love you.

The last 3 challenges I've completed, Trailhead isn't showing the link to Linked In any longer.  Wonder if this is intentional and not supported now.
I have to iterate between thousand of records and I was thinking of using a uniqueid field that I have, but I cant use the numeric value of it. Seems its treated like string. Is there any way that I can compare numeric values with auto number values?

AND (uniqueid__c > i AND uniqueid__c < i+5000)
Hi, I am having trouble with the "Attributes and Expressions" module from trailhead.

Here is the challenge:
Create a Lightning Component to display a single item for your packing list.
  • Create a component called campingListItem that displays the name (ui:outputText) and the three custom fields using the appropriate output components.
  • Add an attribute named 'item' for type Camping_Item__c.
I created an component named campingListItem and this is the code:
<aura:component >
    <aura:attribute name="item" type="<my_domain>__Camping_Item__c"/>

<ui:outputText value="{!v.item.Name}"/>
    <ui:outputCheckbox value="{!v.item.<my_domain>__Packed__c}"/>
    <ui:outputCurrency  value="{!v.item.<my_domain>__Price__c}"/>
    <ui:outputNumber value="{!v.item.<my_domain>__Quantity__c}"/>
</aura:component>

The error that I am getting is: "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The packingListItem Lightning Component's attribute tag doesn't exist or its attributes are not set correctly."

With this, I tried to create another component, with the name "packingListItem", but It didn't work.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
The validation rule should be on the Case object.
The validation rule should be named 'Mark_as_Escalated'.
The validation rule should fire if someone tries to set a case as escalated and it is closed, closed when created, or does not have a priority of High.
The validation rule should display the error message 'You can only set a case as escalated if it is high priority and not closed' under the Escalated field when triggered.
Add the 'Escalated' field to the Case page layout.
Hi to all,

I am trying to pre-populate Ownerid on a new Lead based on a dropdown menu. But it doesnt work. Any ideas?

User-added image
User-added image

I am trying to use jQuery, Datatables and Visualforce on a page. My data4 variable can't be calculated  . All other works excellent (including data3 variable).

Note that you need to approach differently the salesforce field in and out of the function.

Any ideas how to extend the dot notation inside the function?
User-added image
Hello,

I have created a visualforce page and a class and these are two different <apex:page> command that I am testing. One is for just displaying the page and one to extract to xls. Now when it creates the xls, everything looks ok. When it displays on a page then in the beggining I see all those dots that I am not sure where they are coming from. Any ideas?

PS. I am using <<apex:dataList> on the visualforce due to complex SQL on the class.
Hi to all,

I am working on a project that I have to crate a unique id ..integer.. by converting salesforce id from alphanumeric to integer every time a new account is saved or updated-and-field-is-empty. I have written a trigger creating that field by removing letters from salesforce id but I receive a read only error when I try to update account record (after insert, after update). If I use it before insert, before update then salesforce id hasn't been created yet. How do I handle this? Ideas? PS. quite new to Apex ... 

So I have an Excel Connector query of the PricebookEntry table, and I need to update some prices.  The problem is that when I run the update call, it looks like it is successful from the Excel Connector side, but the record does not actually get updated in Salesforce.  Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?  This should not be affected by 18 character Precebook Entry Id's, right?  

I am stumped.

Hi,

I have been charged with creating a report that displays only opportunities that do not have opportunity partner related records; however, I do not see the Opportunity Partner related table as an option when creating custom report types and I do not see how custom report types allow you to create a type that returns only records in the parent that have no children?

Is there a way to do this in a simple report?  If it is not then how can I create a SOQL that can do it?  If I have a SOQL that can do it I can use it in code to populate a custom table then use that custom table in a report?

Any ideas?