• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I cannot find the answer to my question in the boards, and I am very new to SF, so please be gentle with me!

I have used REST before, but not with SF, and I am just starting. I already have some reports defined in SF, and I want to run an Excel VBA script to download the results of these four reports into Excel (I will be doing this once a week).

The documentation I have been able to understand keeps talking about SQL. I understand SQL, but since the report is already defined to SF, surely there is a way to specify that's what I want? Or do I simply have to rewrite the extract using SQL?

Sorry again if this has already been asked, but I could not find it.

Thanks for listening.

• July 29, 2013

I cannot find the answer to my question in the boards, and I am very new to SF, so please be gentle with me!

I have used REST before, but not with SF, and I am just starting. I already have some reports defined in SF, and I want to run an Excel VBA script to download the results of these four reports into Excel (I will be doing this once a week).

The documentation I have been able to understand keeps talking about SQL. I understand SQL, but since the report is already defined to SF, surely there is a way to specify that's what I want? Or do I simply have to rewrite the extract using SQL?

Sorry again if this has already been asked, but I could not find it.

Thanks for listening.

• July 29, 2013