• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi.

I have been trying to incorporate two new custom fields into the page record for the Contact object.  I used an inbound change set to bring in the two new fields.  I then manually added these two new fields to the page layout for the Contact record using the standard page layout editor in the production environment.  While the two new fields appeared in the correct place on the editor, when I then selected preview, they didn't appear under any of the profiles either in the Preview Edit Page or in the Preview Detail Page.  They also don't appear in the actual Contact record.

I've tested this with moving the new fields to different places; making them required fields; saving; going back in and re-saving; etc., but nothing works: they simply will not appear on the Contact record.

The change set was prepared in the Winter '14 Sandbox, whereas our production environment is still Summer '13.

Please advise.

Many thanks.

Roger.

• September 12, 2013

Hi.

I have run into a problem with roll-up summaries.  Background is as follows:

- I set up a custom object with a roll-up summary of type MAX on a related Detail object.

- I initially did this in our sandbox, and then I deployed to production.  It works fine (both in production and in sandbox).

- I have now added a further couple of Detail objects attached to the same original master object in our sandbox.  I want to add a couple of new roll-up summary fields of type MAX related to the two new Detail objects.

- However, when I try to do so, on step 3 of 5 where you point to the summarised object and then select the roll-up type, the only option available is COUNT: the other options (SUM, MIN, MAX) are all greyed (or more accurately "pinked") out and can't be selected.

- I don't know why.  Also, if I go into the original roll-up summary that I had previously set up successfully, the same roll-up types are greyed out, with only COUNT available (although it still retains the MAX roll-up type that I had previously used).

I've haven't managed to find any useful help on this subject either within the help screens or in this forum, and I'm starting to feel like tearing my hair out!

Please help.

Thanks.

Roger.

• August 09, 2013

Hi.

I have been trying to incorporate two new custom fields into the page record for the Contact object.  I used an inbound change set to bring in the two new fields.  I then manually added these two new fields to the page layout for the Contact record using the standard page layout editor in the production environment.  While the two new fields appeared in the correct place on the editor, when I then selected preview, they didn't appear under any of the profiles either in the Preview Edit Page or in the Preview Detail Page.  They also don't appear in the actual Contact record.

I've tested this with moving the new fields to different places; making them required fields; saving; going back in and re-saving; etc., but nothing works: they simply will not appear on the Contact record.

The change set was prepared in the Winter '14 Sandbox, whereas our production environment is still Summer '13.

Please advise.

Many thanks.

Roger.

• September 12, 2013