• Global SFDC Admin
  • Crane Payment Innovations

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've created a couple of Visualforce pages for users to enter audit data.

I'm trying to create the final Visualforce page which will just display the results that were entered.  I've run in to a problem when I've tried using <apex:outputText>.  Whenever I use it for a checkbox field, it displays "false".  

I did some more research and found a solution that was working until the checkbox was checked.  The following code made the checkbox editable in the VF page (I just want to display the checkbox either empty or checked).  

<apex:inputField value="{!Visit__c.Reasonable_Lead_Times__c}" rendered="{!Visit__c.Reasonable_Lead_Times__c}"/>
               <apex:outputField value="{!Visit__c.Reasonable_Lead_Times__c}" rendered="{!NOT(Visit__c.Reasonable_Lead_Times__c)}" />

I'm pretty much shooting for the traditional page layout field state where you cannot edit unless you double click or click edit.  I'm not using a standard page layout because there is a ton of data on this page and I've made navigation much easier with a VF page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg

I've created a couple of Visualforce pages for users to enter audit data.

I'm trying to create the final Visualforce page which will just display the results that were entered.  I've run in to a problem when I've tried using <apex:outputText>.  Whenever I use it for a checkbox field, it displays "false".  

I did some more research and found a solution that was working until the checkbox was checked.  The following code made the checkbox editable in the VF page (I just want to display the checkbox either empty or checked).  

<apex:inputField value="{!Visit__c.Reasonable_Lead_Times__c}" rendered="{!Visit__c.Reasonable_Lead_Times__c}"/>
               <apex:outputField value="{!Visit__c.Reasonable_Lead_Times__c}" rendered="{!NOT(Visit__c.Reasonable_Lead_Times__c)}" />

I'm pretty much shooting for the traditional page layout field state where you cannot edit unless you double click or click edit.  I'm not using a standard page layout because there is a ton of data on this page and I've made navigation much easier with a VF page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg

Any thoughts or ideas on this one? I set up a workflow rule so that case comments are posted to the case's chatter feed, but that doesn't help too much if the case team members aren't following the case. Any thoughts on ways to have this done automatically?

My first thought was a trigger that, on insert/update:

1. Queried the case team members
  2. Created an EntitySubscription for parentid=case.id and subscriberid=caseTeamMember.id
  3. Tests for existing EntitySubscription to prevent 'DUPLICATE_VALUE' error
  4. Tests to make sure it does not put the user over the 500 following limit

I have a trigger that I have not rolled out to production yet that has users automatically follow accounts if they are in any of 5 'account team member' fields (not a related list, just lookup fields), and I figure this would be similar, but I'd love to hear any ideas on a better/simpler way to accomplish this goal.

Thanks!