• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I have a selectlist (dropdown list) with color code, when i select one option from this colorcode list through onchange event, i am getting the below exception

System.TypeException: Invalid conversion from runtime type String to List<System.SelectOption>

please help me, thanks in advance

Thanks,
Satish
Hi,

I have requirement to display and export around 30,000 records in around 30 columns  (from 3 objects having relationship).I am able to display records in the visual force page using pagination(10 per page). But i am not able to export the records.I am able to export the records using list<list> concept but it is taking time around 4-5 min to download the excel file (perfomance slow).I tried with future method and batch,but no luck.please give me any better solution to overcome this obstacle.Thanks in advance

Thanks,
Satish

Hi,

I have requirement to display and export around 30,000 records in around 30 columns  (from 3 objects having relationship).I am able to display records in the visual force page using pagination(10 per page). But i am not able to export the records.I am able to export the records using list<list> concept but it is taking time around 4-5 min to download the excel file(perfomance slow).I tried with future method and batch,but no luck.please give me any better solution to overcome this obstacle.Thanks in advance

Thanks,
Satish
Hi,

I have two extension controllers in my page. I got a requirement to access my object (eg:Account) field values from extension controller 1 to extension controller 2, how to achieve this.I am able to get string value from ex.cls-1 to ex.cls-2, but not able to get object values.Can anybody please help me.

Thanks,
satish
Hi,

this is satish, Can anybody please answer the below question.Please answer if your are sure about it, please dont guess and give answer.

UC uses a custom field on the account object to capture the account credit status. The sales team wants to display the account credit status on opportunities. Which feature should a system admin use this meet this requirement?

a. Roll Up Summary Field.
b. Workflow Field Update.
c. Lookup Field 
d. Cross Object Formula Field.

Hi,

This is satish, When i go through clone(sObject) method, I got few doubts in the signature of the method.

Method Signature:

public sObject clone(Boolean opt_preserve_id,
                              Boolean opt_IsDeepClone,
                              Boolean opt_preserve_readonly_timestamps,
                              Boolean opt_preserve_autonumber)

Parameters :opt_preserve_id
Type: Boolean

(Optional) Determines whether the ID of the original object is preserved or cleared in the duplicate. If set to true, the ID is copied to the duplicate. The default is false, that is, the ID is cleared.

Here is my first question:
                If I make first parameter true, the ID will be copied to duplicate record.But how the two records will have same ID? For what purpose this Parameter we have to use?

opt_preserve_readonly_timestamps
Type: Boolean

(Optional) Determines whether the read-only timestamp fields are preserved or cleared in the duplicate. If set to true, the read-only fields CreatedById, CreatedDate, LastModifiedById, and LastModifiedDate are copied to the duplicate. The default is false, that is, the values are cleared.

Here is my second question:

I made this third parameter true, But the read-only timestamp fields are not copied to the child record. I tried it for sample records. The copied record showing the current logged in username and current datetime. Why this is not working as it is mentioned above?

Please clarify these two, Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Satish

Hi,this is satish

I have used deepclone method in my apex class for my requirement. But I got few doubts while using this method.Here is the signature of the method

public List<Object> deepClone(Boolean opt_preserve_id, Boolean opt_preserve_readonly_timestamps, Boolean opt_preserve_autonumber)

But if i make the first parameter true, As per the signature the original record id will be copied to duplicate.

eg: Mylist.deepclone(true);
My first question is how the two records will have same ID in same object?

One more thing if i make second parameter is true the readonly timestamp is copied to the duplicate record.

eg: Mylist.deepclone(false,true);

I tried this but i did n't get the original record Createddate, CreatedID ot LatmodifiedID, Lastmodifieddate to the copied record.

can any one please carify this, Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Satish

Hi All,

I need to convert a HTTP Callout XML Response into HTML using XSLT sheets and save it as a blob file in attachments.

The behaviour of the visualforce page that i incorporated this functionality is working as expected (i can view the xml response as html with all the images and styles that are being applied from xslt sheets).

But the same behaviour is missing when i am trying to create a blob file using page.getcontent().

The source code of the Vf page and the blob file is different. So, i am unable to meet the requrement to download a html file that shows the xml response with style sheets.

Looking for help...!! 

Thanks in Advance,
Satish

is there any feature for richtext textbox to avoid XSS? Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I need to convert a HTTP Callout XML Response into HTML using XSLT sheets and save it as a blob file in attachments.

The behaviour of the visualforce page that i incorporated this functionality is working as expected (i can view the xml response as html with all the images and styles that are being applied from xslt sheets).

But the same behaviour is missing when i am trying to create a blob file using page.getcontent().

The source code of the Vf page and the blob file is different. So, i am unable to meet the requrement to download a html file that shows the xml response with style sheets.

Looking for help...!! 

Thanks in Advance,
Satish