• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have an inputfield on the page, for a Date field.   I want the popup with the calendar, but don't want today's date next to the field.   How do I do that?  Thanks.

<apex:inputField value="{!object.my_date_field__c}"/>

screenshot:  http://postimg.org/image/riaufvzfp/

Hi,

I'm reading the apex language reference, and on page 66, there is a FOR loop construct that I am not familiar with and don't know how to use.  It takes a List of Objects as the first variable, and a SOQL query as a List to iterate over.  Can you please explain provide some examples?  Thank you. 

// example in the book:
for (list_of_variables : [soql_query]) {
    code_block
}

// what I attempted to use and got a compiler error
List<Account> accs = [select id, name from Account limit 3];
for(accs : [select id, name from Account limit 5]) {
    //not sure what I have access to in here, so just doing a debug
    system.debug(accs[0].name);
}

// compiler error is:
// expecting an equals sign, found ':'

Link to the document: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/salesforce_apex_language_reference.pdf#page=66

is there a way to put an ID or someting on a block of code, say a couple of buttons, and then insert them again somewhere else in the page using just one line of code?  

something like this:

<apex:outputPanel id="buttons">
  <apex:commandButton value="Process" action="{!process}"/>
  <apex:commandButton value="Reverse" action="{!reverse}"/>
  <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>
</apex:outputPanel>

<apex:render value="buttons">  <!-- this here would display the buttons block again -->

Some test classes you cannot run through UI, but can through IDE.   How do such test classes affect the total code coverage percentage for the org?   Are they seen as having 0% coverage, or whatever the IDE says they cover (95% for example)?

MIXED_DML_OPERATION, DML operation on setup object is not permitted Error

Hi,

I have an inputfield on the page, for a Date field.   I want the popup with the calendar, but don't want today's date next to the field.   How do I do that?  Thanks.

<apex:inputField value="{!object.my_date_field__c}"/>

screenshot:  http://postimg.org/image/riaufvzfp/

Hi,

I'm reading the apex language reference, and on page 66, there is a FOR loop construct that I am not familiar with and don't know how to use.  It takes a List of Objects as the first variable, and a SOQL query as a List to iterate over.  Can you please explain provide some examples?  Thank you. 

// example in the book:
for (list_of_variables : [soql_query]) {
    code_block
}

// what I attempted to use and got a compiler error
List<Account> accs = [select id, name from Account limit 3];
for(accs : [select id, name from Account limit 5]) {
    //not sure what I have access to in here, so just doing a debug
    system.debug(accs[0].name);
}

// compiler error is:
// expecting an equals sign, found ':'

Link to the document: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/salesforce_apex_language_reference.pdf#page=66

is there a way to put an ID or someting on a block of code, say a couple of buttons, and then insert them again somewhere else in the page using just one line of code?  

something like this:

<apex:outputPanel id="buttons">
  <apex:commandButton value="Process" action="{!process}"/>
  <apex:commandButton value="Reverse" action="{!reverse}"/>
  <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>
</apex:outputPanel>

<apex:render value="buttons">  <!-- this here would display the buttons block again -->

I recently upgraded my Force.com IDE (and all projects) to the Winter '12 release. Since upgrading, I've been observing that when I attempt to run unit tests against an Apex class, it often takes a very long time to execute. Even relatively simple tests sometimes take a minute or two to complete. The time doesn't seem to be spent during test execution, but rather during the "preparing results..." phase (based on the progress indicator in the IDE). Reducing the log level doesn't seem to have any impact one way or the other. I've also seen it simply get stuck in the "preparing results..." phase to the point where I had to kill the Eclipse process. Anyone else seeing this?

• January 04, 2012

I have a managed package that defines an object whose Name is an Auto Number field. A customer who has the managed package wants to import some data from another org into his current org, and maintain the Auto Number values that he had in his original org, instead of having new Auto Number values assigned. 

I know you can ask Salesforce to allow you to use the Data Loader to write to the CreatedDate and LastModifiedDate fields. Will they also allow us to write to an Auto Number field?

(Before you suggest I temporarily change the field type to Text,l please note that the field is defined in a managed package, so I can't change its field type.)

• December 05, 2011

Anyone know anything about a namespace limit of 10?  Can't find anything in the documentation and SFDC support promised to get back to me and never did. 

• August 17, 2010