• 60 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am getting the following error when I try configuring a JavaScript button, which should create a Task record

User-added image

This is my script

{!REQUIRESCRIPT('/soap/ajax/30.0/connection.js')}
var connection = sforce.connection;
var newtask= new sforce.SObject("Task");
newtask.Subject = "Tried Calling";
newtask.WhoId="{!Lead.Id}";
newtask.Description="Tried calling, but could not get through";
newtask.ActivityDate={!Today}
newtask.Status="Completed";
newtask.Type="Admin Call";
newtask.Priority="Low";
result = sforce.connection.create([newtask]);
alert(result );

I am a total beignner at this, so have copied and amended this script based on other posts
We are trying to create a form on our Intranet for people to submit Ideas, which creates an Idea record in Salesforce. It works great until we try to add the upload attachment functionality.

This is the problem line in the script
<label for="upload_file">Choose a file to upload: </label><input name="upload_file" id="upload_file" type="file" /><label class="error">Maximum 5MB</label><br />

The record gets created, but there's no attachment and the error in the logs is
"ERROR uploading attachment to SFDC, file only saved locally"

Any ideas????

I would like to display an iFrame on a custom object record page and pass a value from one of the fields to the URL.

For example I have the value abcdefg on my record, so i need to pass that to the URL

So let say the full URL should be:
http://xyz/User/User?&d_user_name=abcdefg&source=1

I've looked at this page but it doesn't help me that much as I am an Apex and VF newbie.
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_compref_iframe.htm

How would I do this?!
I get the error "Custom read failed" when I try and retrieve anything from the IdeaComment object.

I've tried posting this in the Qlikview forums, but no one can help me so i figured it could be a Salesforce setting.
I'm trying to set up email alerts from the task object and I believe this is possible using the Process Builder to launch a flow.

My question is how do I pass the values from the Process to the flow?

I keep getting the error
The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Owner.Username because it hasn't been set or assigned
the following batch file i have written below seems to run the two beans for my process at the same time.

Is there a way to ensure that the first bean is finished, before running the 2nd?

C:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\data loader\bin\
start process.bat "\\fsdata01\Department\eCommerce\BIU\Salesforce\Dataloader\Dev\3rd test" GCDentityupsert
start process.bat "\\fsdata01\Department\eCommerce\BIU\Salesforce\Dataloader\Dev\3rd test" extrefinsert
Exit

Each <bean> in the process-conf.xml file refers to a single process such as an insert, upsert, export, and so on. Therefore, this file can contain multiple processes.

My question is, what is the syntax for having multiple beans in the same xml file?

The xml below is taken from the user guide, so for arguements sake, lets say I want a 2nd bean, in the same file. Does it simply go on the end (after line 28)? Or does it need to go between certain tags? Sadly the user guide is no help!!

01 <!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
02 <beans>
03     <bean id="csvInsertArtist"
04           class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner"
05           singleton="false">
06         <description>Inserts artist names from CSV file into Artist custom object.</description>
07         <property name="name" value="csvInsertArtist"/>
08         <property name="configOverrideMap">
09             <map>
10                 <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="false"/>
11                 <entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="c:\dataloader\csvInsertArtist.log"/>
12                 <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://www.salesforce.com"/>
13                 <entry key="sfdc.username" value="<i>Your Salesforce ID</i>"/>
14                 <entry key="sfdc.password" value="<i>Your encrypted Salesforce password</>"/>
15                 <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="540"/>
16                 <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
17                 <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Artist__c"/>
18                 <entry key="process.operation" value="insert"/>
19                 <entry key="process.mappingFile" value="c:\dataloader\artistmap.sdl"/>
20                 <entry key="process.outputError" value="c:\dataloader\errorInsertArtist.csv"/>
21                 <entry key="process.outputSuccess"value="c:\dataloader\successInsertArtist.csv"/>
22                 <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="c:\dataloader\Artists_1_100.csv" />
23                 <entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvRead" />
24                 <entry key="process.initialLastRunDate" value="2007-06-06T00:00:00.000-0800"/>
25             </map>
26         </property>
27    </bean>
28 </beans>
I'm trying to use the Windows task scheduler to launch an upsert process and therefore need to create a .bat file to run that process.

My process.bat file is in the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\data loader\bin\

My process-conf.xml file along with all other data is the the following folder:
\\fsdata01\Department\eCommerce\BIU\Salesforce\Dataloader\Dev\2nd test with GCD mappings

the name of my process is "secondtestmapping"

the process works fine when I run it manually from the cmd, but I can't figure out how to translate that to a batch file.

Can anyone help?!

FYI, the command I use in the cmd to manually run the process is:
process.bat "\\fsdata01\Department\eCommerce\BIU\Salesforce\Dataloader\Dev\2nd test with GCD mappings" secondtestmapping
I get the following error in the Data Loader cmd when trying to Upsert some custom object records;
"field name provided, does not match an external ID"

My GCD_ID__c field is categorised as an External ID and the same sdl file works perfectly when i use the Apex Data Loader tool rather than the cmd. So the mappings are definitely correct.

Maybe i am missing something in my xml file?
The cmd for the Dataloader is telling me the "Field mapping is invalid", even though the sdl file was built in the Apex dataloader tool. I have triple checked the mappings and there's nothing woring with them.

I am a full system admin and have read/write access to every field on the custom object, so am a little confused.

Other things I have tried which made no difference:
-Deleted unmatched columns in the csv
-Checked to make sure there were no white spaces in the sdl file
-Used field labels to map rather than the API label
Does anyone know the API object name and fields to mass subscribe users to a particular item of content? We do NOT have Chatter activated

I am unable to see the correct object in this list.
https://www.salesforce.com/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_list.htm

I though maybe it was the EntitySubscription object, but this doesn't seem to appear in the dataloader.io tool

I'm very new to the Force.com IDE and and trying to use Eclipse to find some information.

Essentially I need to remove a value from a multi-select picklist, but i think it's mentioned in some validation rules and/or workflow rules. The problem is, we have a lot of both and manually searching using the point-and-click functionality in salesforce is too time consuming.

The problem is that when I search for this picklist value which I know exists, nothing appears. Not even the field in which it resides. What could I be doing wrong?

The metadata components i downloaded were 'Apex and Visualforce'. Would that metadata be contained in there?

Hi all,

I'm totally new to Apex and am trying to leverage a template on another thread.

What I need is that whenever a custom picklist field called Software__c equals 'Fusion' and the record is updated on a custom object called User_Signature__c, a checkbox field called Fusion_User is ticked on the associated Contact.

The code below worked first time, which seems too good to be true, so I'm worried it's executing something I can't see or haven't noticed! Does it look correct?

The only other thing is that after the trigger updates the Fusion_User__c field, you're directed to the Contact. I need the page to stay on the User Signature record updated. How would I do that?

trigger IsFusionUser on User_Signature__c (before insert, before update) {

List<ID> ContactIds = New List<ID>();

for(User_Signature__c o : Trigger.new){
    if(o.Software__c == 'Fusion' && o.Contact__c != null){
      ContactIds.add(o.Contact__c);
    }
  }

List<Contact> ContactList = [SELECT id, Fusion_user__c FROM Contact WHERE id in :ContactIds];
  for(integer i = 0 ; i < ContactList.size(); i++){
    ContactList[i].Fusion_user__c = true;
  }

update ContactList;
}

I get the following error in the Data Loader cmd when trying to Upsert some custom object records;

My GCD_ID__c field is categorised as an External ID and the same sdl file works perfectly when i use the Apex Data Loader tool rather than the cmd. So the mappings are definitely correct.

I am getting the following error when I try configuring a JavaScript button, which should create a Task record

User-added image

This is my script

{!REQUIRESCRIPT('/soap/ajax/30.0/connection.js')}
var connection = sforce.connection;
var newtask= new sforce.SObject("Task");
newtask.Subject = "Tried Calling";
newtask.WhoId="{!Lead.Id}";
newtask.Description="Tried calling, but could not get through";
newtask.ActivityDate={!Today}
newtask.Status="Completed";
newtask.Type="Admin Call";
newtask.Priority="Low";
result = sforce.connection.create([newtask]);
alert(result );

I am a total beignner at this, so have copied and amended this script based on other posts
I would like to display an iFrame on a custom object record page and pass a value from one of the fields to the URL.

For example I have the value abcdefg on my record, so i need to pass that to the URL

So let say the full URL should be:
http://xyz/User/User?&d_user_name=abcdefg&source=1

I've looked at this page but it doesn't help me that much as I am an Apex and VF newbie.
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_compref_iframe.htm

How would I do this?!
the following batch file i have written below seems to run the two beans for my process at the same time.

Is there a way to ensure that the first bean is finished, before running the 2nd?

C:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\data loader\bin\
start process.bat "\\fsdata01\Department\eCommerce\BIU\Salesforce\Dataloader\Dev\3rd test" GCDentityupsert
start process.bat "\\fsdata01\Department\eCommerce\BIU\Salesforce\Dataloader\Dev\3rd test" extrefinsert
Exit

Each <bean> in the process-conf.xml file refers to a single process such as an insert, upsert, export, and so on. Therefore, this file can contain multiple processes.

My question is, what is the syntax for having multiple beans in the same xml file?

The xml below is taken from the user guide, so for arguements sake, lets say I want a 2nd bean, in the same file. Does it simply go on the end (after line 28)? Or does it need to go between certain tags? Sadly the user guide is no help!!

01 <!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">
02 <beans>
03     <bean id="csvInsertArtist"
04           class="com.salesforce.dataloader.process.ProcessRunner"
05           singleton="false">
06         <description>Inserts artist names from CSV file into Artist custom object.</description>
07         <property name="name" value="csvInsertArtist"/>
08         <property name="configOverrideMap">
09             <map>
10                 <entry key="sfdc.debugMessages" value="false"/>
11                 <entry key="sfdc.debugMessagesFile" value="c:\dataloader\csvInsertArtist.log"/>
12                 <entry key="sfdc.endpoint" value="https://www.salesforce.com"/>
13                 <entry key="sfdc.username" value="<i>Your Salesforce ID</i>"/>
14                 <entry key="sfdc.password" value="<i>Your encrypted Salesforce password</>"/>
15                 <entry key="sfdc.timeoutSecs" value="540"/>
16                 <entry key="sfdc.loadBatchSize" value="200"/>
17                 <entry key="sfdc.entity" value="Artist__c"/>
18                 <entry key="process.operation" value="insert"/>
19                 <entry key="process.mappingFile" value="c:\dataloader\artistmap.sdl"/>
20                 <entry key="process.outputError" value="c:\dataloader\errorInsertArtist.csv"/>
21                 <entry key="process.outputSuccess"value="c:\dataloader\successInsertArtist.csv"/>
22                 <entry key="dataAccess.name" value="c:\dataloader\Artists_1_100.csv" />
23                 <entry key="dataAccess.type" value="csvRead" />
24                 <entry key="process.initialLastRunDate" value="2007-06-06T00:00:00.000-0800"/>
25             </map>
26         </property>
27    </bean>
28 </beans>
Do we get a original hard copy of the certificate after passing the certification exam or only the soft copy through email..??

The cmd for the Dataloader is telling me the "Field mapping is invalid", even though the sdl file was built in the Apex dataloader tool. I have triple checked the mappings and there's nothing woring with them.

I am a full system admin and have read/write access to every field on the custom object, so am a little confused.

Other things I have tried which made no difference:
-Deleted unmatched columns in the csv
-Checked to make sure there were no white spaces in the sdl file
-Used field labels to map rather than the API label
Does anyone know the API object name and fields to mass subscribe users to a particular item of content? We do NOT have Chatter activated

I am unable to see the correct object in this list.
https://www.salesforce.com/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_list.htm

I though maybe it was the EntitySubscription object, but this doesn't seem to appear in the dataloader.io tool

I'm very new to the Force.com IDE and and trying to use Eclipse to find some information.

Essentially I need to remove a value from a multi-select picklist, but i think it's mentioned in some validation rules and/or workflow rules. The problem is, we have a lot of both and manually searching using the point-and-click functionality in salesforce is too time consuming.

The problem is that when I search for this picklist value which I know exists, nothing appears. Not even the field in which it resides. What could I be doing wrong?

The metadata components i downloaded were 'Apex and Visualforce'. Would that metadata be contained in there?

Hi all,

I'm totally new to Apex and am trying to leverage a template on another thread.

What I need is that whenever a custom picklist field called Software__c equals 'Fusion' and the record is updated on a custom object called User_Signature__c, a checkbox field called Fusion_User is ticked on the associated Contact.

The code below worked first time, which seems too good to be true, so I'm worried it's executing something I can't see or haven't noticed! Does it look correct?

The only other thing is that after the trigger updates the Fusion_User__c field, you're directed to the Contact. I need the page to stay on the User Signature record updated. How would I do that?

trigger IsFusionUser on User_Signature__c (before insert, before update) {

List<ID> ContactIds = New List<ID>();

for(User_Signature__c o : Trigger.new){
    if(o.Software__c == 'Fusion' && o.Contact__c != null){
      ContactIds.add(o.Contact__c);
    }
  }

List<Contact> ContactList = [SELECT id, Fusion_user__c FROM Contact WHERE id in :ContactIds];
  for(integer i = 0 ; i < ContactList.size(); i++){
    ContactList[i].Fusion_user__c = true;
  }

update ContactList;
}

Hi,

Can we access the 'Chatter Messenger' feature thru Chatter API from a third party application (client)? Please comment on the possibility of following chat device applications,

Salesforce browser <> Client's Messenger

Client 1's Messenger <> Client 2's Messenger

Regards,

SuBaa

• June 13, 2012

Hi,

I want to create a logic in salesforce that when a user created a task and saved will automatically send an email notification. When i tried creating a workflow, icannot find the email alert as immediate action. I only found outbound message which i am not sure if capable of doing so. If this outbound message will works for my requirement, can someone guide me on how should i begin. thanks.

Is there any way i can throw an email notification aside from this?

Thanks,
Del

I'm just getting into a SF admin seat so I don't have much Apex experience.

I want 2 fields in the opportunities object to be updated once a field in a custom object is updated.

When the text field in Object 1 (the custom object) is entered as complete, I need two seperate fields in the opportunity object updated.

I want status changed to approved and a custom checkbox to go from unchecked to checked.

Thanks in advance

I'm getting the attached error when attempting to install the latest Force.com IDE plugin on the latest Eclipse version with the latest JDK installed.  The error comes up after I click next on the "Available Software" selection screen of the "Install New Software" dialog.  How can I fix this problem?  Thank you!

Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency.
  Software being installed: Force.com IDE 20.0.1.201011121559 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 20.0.1.201011121559)
  Software currently installed: Shared profile 1.0.0.1284708747720 (SharedProfile_epp.package.java 1.0.0.1284708747720)
  Only one of the following can be installed at once: 
    Structured Source Editor 1.2.2.v201008232126 (org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui 1.2.2.v201008232126)
    Structured Source Editor 1.1.102.v200910200227 (org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui 1.1.102.v200910200227)
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: Shared profile 1.0.0.1284708747720 (SharedProfile_epp.package.java 1.0.0.1284708747720)
    To: org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui [1.2.2.v201008232126]
    From: Force.com IDE 20.0.1.201011121559 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 20.0.1.201011121559)
    To: org.eclipse.wst.html.ui [1.0.0,2.0.0)
    From: HTML UI Source Editor 1.0.401.v200908111935 (org.eclipse.wst.html.ui 1.0.401.v200908111935)
    To: bundle org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui [1.1.0,1.2.0)

• February 03, 2011