• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I'm trying to add a new domain help.7digital.com to our org. I want to use this for our community at 7digitalhelp.force.com/customers. I have emailed support about this, but they haven't provided me with adequate assistance so far.

We've changed the CNAME record of the new domain to point at our primary domain, 7digital.force.com (as instructed by support) and we're getting an error.

Error: Salesforce.com can't validate the domain. The CNAME record may still be processing (which can take up to 24 hours), or the domain may not belong to you. Make sure the domain name help.7digital.com uses help.7digital.com.00db0000000hhjcea4.live.siteforce.com as its CNAME target and try again later. It presently uses 7digital.force.com as the CNAME target, which does not equal the expected value.

Why are we seeing this error? As you can see, it recognises that the CNAME record is pointing at our primary domain. We don't want to use Site.com, so I'm not sure why we're being asked to enter "siteforce" in our domain.

Could someone please clarify how I can get my domain to work with Communities.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi there,

I am currently setting up Chatter Answers on a publicly-accessible Force.com site using the following Visualforce components included in Winter '14 -

chatteranswers:searchask
chatteranswers:feedfilter
chatteranswers:feeds

As I need to get the branding right for our company, I want to override the default Articles Avatar. I have used Firebug to locate a CSS Class called "articleAvatarIcon", however, after searching through all of the Salesforce-generated CSS files, I cannot find this class anywhere. I'm assuming that the application itself is generating this code, which makes it extremely difficult to find a workaround!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm fairly certain that this can be achieved, as I have seen other support sites built on Chatter Answers using their own avatars.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi there,

I am currently setting up Chatter Answers on a publicly-accessible Force.com site using the following Visualforce components included in Winter '14 -

chatteranswers:searchask
chatteranswers:feedfilter
chatteranswers:feeds

As I need to get the branding right for our company, I want to override the default Articles Avatar. I have used Firebug to locate a CSS Class called "articleAvatarIcon", however, after searching through all of the Salesforce-generated CSS files, I cannot find this class anywhere. I'm assuming that the application itself is generating this code, which makes it extremely difficult to find a workaround!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm fairly certain that this can be achieved, as I have seen other support sites built on Chatter Answers using their own avatars.

Thanks,

Alex