• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

We are using REST API to do our integration. As this is our first integration we want to know what are the different error codes to take care of  and how to handle them, retries and so on. It will be greatful if they can share their knowledge.

i looked into this 
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_rest.meta/api_rest/errorcodes.htm

Regards,
raj
Hi,

I have created an analytic snapshot which has source report (opportunity data) and loads it into custom object. I scheduled it to run daily. Now, when it runs it just inserts data into my custom object. It is not clearing the old data existing in the custom object. 

Is there any way I can clear out the old data, so that I have only the fresh copy of data every time ???

Regards,
raj.
Hi,

I am using below query to fetch open activities and display them in my VF page. But,

The whoId is never retrieved in my query result as a result the name field is coming blank in my VF page . Can anyone help me.

select id,ownerId,(select id,isTask,whatid,What.Name,WhoId,activitydate,createdbyid,description,subject,
OwnerId,Status,Priority,LastModifiedDate from openActivities WHERE createdbyid=:userId ORDER BY activitydate ASC , LastModifiedDate DESC LIMIT 500 ) from account where id ='XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'

I eventually want to display the the name as who.name like i am doing here for whatId as what.name

Regards,
Pruthvi
Hi,

I want to use a custom button which takes the user to new contact page . My visualforce page is based on Account standard controller. I am trying to as below , but it give me and errror.
Error: Field $Action.Contact.New does not exist. Check spelling 
Error: Field $Action.Contact.New does not exist. Check spelling.

<apex:page standardController="account" extensions="AccountDetailController">
<apex:commandButton action="{!URLFOR($Action.Contact.New)}" value="New Contact">
</apex:page>

How can i access the action method of contact from account standard controller visualforce page.??

Regards,
raj
Hi,

I am using DB amp app in my org. This brings all salesforce tables to SQL server database instance. Now I have a stored procedure which fetches account data from salesforce tables based on flag criteria and inserts them in another SQL database in SQL server. The stored procedure is scheduled.

Now, is there any global table in salesforce in which a field can be set 'Yes' through a button click on my visualforce page so that the scheduled SQL stored procedure can access this global setting and runs the code to insert account data which is flagged into another application database in SQL server instance.

Please guide me if you have information.

Thanks,
raj
Hi, 

is is there anyway that I could call a SQL stored procedure from apex code.

i used db amp app to get all my Salesforce tables into SQL server to integrate with another database through stored procedure .
i want to call this stored procedure on click o a button on my visual force page.

can anyone please guide me???

regards,
pruthvi
Hi,

I want to integrate my salesforce org with our internal application.

For ex:  there should be a button on Account object, on click of this button account information(few fields) must be created in that application and unique ID should be returned to salesforce.

What is the best method to follow in this case?(any third party app or API)

Regards,
raj
Hi,

I have a scenario where a user opens a record in custom object and selects the checkbox "recurring". The interval can be daily,monthly,quarterly and the corresponding dates should be populated with respect to start date. The new records should be created at these dates with few fields data taken from the first record. (the scenario is same as recurring check box on event)

1) I am thinking of scheduling an Apex class which runs daily and fetches the records which are marked as recurring and if the date matches to today the record should get created.

2) or any third party app which can provide me this functionality.

Any ideas??

Regards,
raj
Hi, 

I am writing a test class for this trigger.

Query in Trigger:
List<PermissionSetAssignment> list1= [select id from PermissionSetAssignment WHERE PermissionSetId IN(select id from permissionSet where label='A') AND AssigneeId=:Userinfo.getUserId()];

Now how to pass the user ID in session info to trigger so that this query returns the rows.

I am creating my test user who is assigned to permission set 'A' in my test class. I just need to pass this user id in session info so that when trigger executes and the list is not empty.

Can any one help me?

Regards,
raj
Hi,

I am trying to import few contact names with special characters trough Apex data loader inot salesforce, but the spcial characters are converted into squares and they are not imported properly as shown below.

Béat Ross-> B�at Ross
Bésem  Rejía->B�sem  Rej�a

I am using Apex data loader 29.

I followed the steps given in help section, but there was no use.
http://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=faq_import_dataloader_specialchars.htm&language=en_US

Did any face the similar issue?

Regards,
raj
Hi,

Is there any way to export a change set out of sandbox using Eclipse or in the form of package. We want to store the file exported ,

Regards,
raj
Hi,

I have an inline visualforce page on Event pagelayout. This VF page queries data from custom object and display data. 

I have loaded data into the event object.  the event records which have due date older than 365 days automatically went into archive according salesforce feature.(IsArchived changed to true).

Now, for all these archived events the inline  visualforce page is displaying an error instead of data. The Error message is
"Content cannot be displayed: Unable to retrieve object"

But, the non-archived current events are not having any problem. The visualforce displays data properly.

Do anyone have insights on this??

Regards,
raj
Hi,

I wrote Apex anonymous block of code to update custom fields on a table. But, I could not by pass the SOQL query limit . Can any one suggest a better solution here.

My code:

=============================================================================
List<Event> eventList = [select id, ownerid, accountid,whoid from event];
List<Event> updateEventList = new List<Event>();

for(Event e : eventList){

Event eventInst=new Event();

string 1=[SELECT query where id=e.id];
string 2=[SELECT query where id=e.id];
string 3=[SELECT query where id=e.accountid];
string 4=[SELECT query where id=e.ownerid];

eventInst.customfield1=string1;
eventInst.customfield1.=string2;
eventInst.customfield1=string3;
eventInst.customfield1=string4;

updateEventList.Add(eventInst);
}//for loop closed

update updateEventList;
=============================================================================

Now this is giving me Too many SOQL queries: 101 error as the SQL statements are runnig for every FOR loop.

Is there anyway i can by pass the limit or a better solution .
I just want update the custom fields on Event table ...there are close to 4000 records.

Hi , 

i have a custom object PROJECT . I created a visual force page which is a mirror of PROJECT page layout .
now I want the required field validations on the object to be displayed on visual force page. 

I used "required = true" on my input field , it gave me the red bar in the field but when I click save without filling the required field the page does not show error message and the record is not saved. 

Can an any body help me?
Hi, 

i have a custom object PROJECT and a custom profile TEST . The TEST profile does not have CREATE permission on PROJECT so he cannot see the NEW BUTTON on the PROJECT object home page.

now I have a visual force page which is mirror of  project page layout . User will be able to fill in all required  project fields and will be able to save the record in this visual force page to object  PROJECT.

now as user profile does not have CREATE access to PROJECT , he is not able to create the record in visual force page. All the fields are read only for him in the visual force page .

I don't want to give him create access but he should be able to create the object record from visual force page. Is there any way I could by pass the object permissions of the profile .

i tried key words WITH SHARING  and WITHOUT SHARING but dint workout 

Hi,

I am trying to remove the "sync to outlook " hyperlink in the tools section of contact object home page.... I am able to remove other links in the tools section but not this.

can anyone tell me if they faced similar issue and resolved it?

Thanks,

Pruthvi

Hi ,

I have fixed width text files coming from a legacy system every day...

Is there any process where I can read the data from these fixed width text files and uplaod  into salesforce. I want to run them using a job which runs overnight and i have to monitor the job. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I have created an analytic snapshot which has source report (opportunity data) and loads it into custom object. I scheduled it to run daily. Now, when it runs it just inserts data into my custom object. It is not clearing the old data existing in the custom object. 

Is there any way I can clear out the old data, so that I have only the fresh copy of data every time ???

Regards,
raj.
Hi,

I am using below query to fetch open activities and display them in my VF page. But,

The whoId is never retrieved in my query result as a result the name field is coming blank in my VF page . Can anyone help me.

select id,ownerId,(select id,isTask,whatid,What.Name,WhoId,activitydate,createdbyid,description,subject,
OwnerId,Status,Priority,LastModifiedDate from openActivities WHERE createdbyid=:userId ORDER BY activitydate ASC , LastModifiedDate DESC LIMIT 500 ) from account where id ='XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'

I eventually want to display the the name as who.name like i am doing here for whatId as what.name

Regards,
Pruthvi
Hi, 

is is there anyway that I could call a SQL stored procedure from apex code.

i used db amp app to get all my Salesforce tables into SQL server to integrate with another database through stored procedure .
i want to call this stored procedure on click o a button on my visual force page.

can anyone please guide me???

regards,
pruthvi
Hi,

I want to integrate my salesforce org with our internal application.

For ex:  there should be a button on Account object, on click of this button account information(few fields) must be created in that application and unique ID should be returned to salesforce.

What is the best method to follow in this case?(any third party app or API)

Regards,
raj
Hi, 

I am writing a test class for this trigger.

Query in Trigger:
List<PermissionSetAssignment> list1= [select id from PermissionSetAssignment WHERE PermissionSetId IN(select id from permissionSet where label='A') AND AssigneeId=:Userinfo.getUserId()];

Now how to pass the user ID in session info to trigger so that this query returns the rows.

I am creating my test user who is assigned to permission set 'A' in my test class. I just need to pass this user id in session info so that when trigger executes and the list is not empty.

Can any one help me?

Regards,
raj
Hi,

Is there any way to export a change set out of sandbox using Eclipse or in the form of package. We want to store the file exported ,

Regards,
raj
Hi,

I have an inline visualforce page on Event pagelayout. This VF page queries data from custom object and display data. 

I have loaded data into the event object.  the event records which have due date older than 365 days automatically went into archive according salesforce feature.(IsArchived changed to true).

Now, for all these archived events the inline  visualforce page is displaying an error instead of data. The Error message is
"Content cannot be displayed: Unable to retrieve object"

But, the non-archived current events are not having any problem. The visualforce displays data properly.

Do anyone have insights on this??

Regards,
raj
Hi , 

i have a custom object PROJECT . I created a visual force page which is a mirror of PROJECT page layout .
now I want the required field validations on the object to be displayed on visual force page. 

I used "required = true" on my input field , it gave me the red bar in the field but when I click save without filling the required field the page does not show error message and the record is not saved. 

Can an any body help me?
Hi, 

i have a custom object PROJECT and a custom profile TEST . The TEST profile does not have CREATE permission on PROJECT so he cannot see the NEW BUTTON on the PROJECT object home page.

now I have a visual force page which is mirror of  project page layout . User will be able to fill in all required  project fields and will be able to save the record in this visual force page to object  PROJECT.

now as user profile does not have CREATE access to PROJECT , he is not able to create the record in visual force page. All the fields are read only for him in the visual force page .

I don't want to give him create access but he should be able to create the object record from visual force page. Is there any way I could by pass the object permissions of the profile .

i tried key words WITH SHARING  and WITHOUT SHARING but dint workout 

while imprting Account records  (csv file ) i Received error as 'Mismatched integration value and ISO code for field'.what does this mean??

• December 06, 2013

Does anybody have any resources on integrating with SAP ByDesign?  We will want to send Accounts, Product Information and Orders to Salesforce.  We want to send Orders to SAP ByDesign.  We need real-time integration as each transaction occurs so any type of batch processing will not work.

I see that this is the link to the SAP ByDesign SDK:  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_byd_studio/fp40/KTP/Products/A1S_PDI/PDI_Library/GettingStarted_SubStructure/GettingStarted.html 

It seems like you can create web services in Microsoft Visual Studio and then deploy them to SAP ByDesign so they can be used.  Are there 'out of the box' web services available with SAP ByDesign to integrate with standard objects in SAP byDesign without having to create new custom web services?

Is SAP PI supposed to be utilized in any manner with SAP ByDesign?   From what I have read I think the answer is no.

I am very comfortable with all of the integration details on the Salesforce side.   I am just trying to figure out how to connect to the SAP ByDesign data.

List<Group> leadQueueRec = [Select Id, Name from Group where Name = 'LeadQueue'];
List<Lead>    leadRec = [Select Id, Name, OwnerId from Lead where Name='James'];
if(leadRec.size() > 0){
    leadrec[0].OwnerId = leadQueueRec[0].Id;
    update leadrec[0];
}   

Above snippet of code I am able to run throgh System Log successfully.

But when I am writing same code in one actionFuction It is giving the Exception

DML currently not allowed
System.Exception: DML currently not allowed

So I am not getting the reason for this? Does anybody come across same error and knows what is the solution to handle this?