• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am just trying to understand the data iteration. Here is a snippet from visualforce documentation:

<apex:page standardController="Account">
   <apex:pageBlock title="Contacts">
      <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!account.Contacts}" var="contact">
         <apex:column value="{!contact.Name}"/>
      </apex:pageBlockTable>
   </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

What I want to know is: how does this related in the context of custom objects? Let's say I have a parent object TestCase and another child object TestCaseReview. I am trying to do the below, but it is failing:-

<apex:page standardController="TestCase__c">        
        <apex:pageblock TITLE="Test">                           
              <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!TestCase__c.TestCaseReview__c}" var="tst">
                 <apex:column value="{!tst.Remarks__c}"/>
              </apex:pageBlockTable>
        </apex:pageblock>        

Please help. Thanks.

Hi there,

I am trying my hands on Visualforce and it's a very basic question. While on the Account controller, if I am pulling the account details such as CreatedBY it gives me the record ID and not the name. Similary, I am not able to print the TickerSymbol.

Here is the code - please help out.

Hello {!$User.FirstName}. <BR/>

The current Account {!Account.Name} record has been created by: {!Account.CreatedBy}. The industry of the account is: {!Account.Industry}<BR/> The ticker symbol for the account is {!Account.TickerSymbol}

PS: Should I be writing a Controller extension with the SOQL in it.

Select Username, Manager.Name from User

Hi there,

I am trying my hands on Visualforce and it's a very basic question. While on the Account controller, if I am pulling the account details such as CreatedBY it gives me the record ID and not the name. Similary, I am not able to print the TickerSymbol.

Here is the code - please help out.

Hello {!$User.FirstName}. <BR/>

The current Account {!Account.Name} record has been created by: {!Account.CreatedBy}. The industry of the account is: {!Account.Industry}<BR/> The ticker symbol for the account is {!Account.TickerSymbol}

PS: Should I be writing a Controller extension with the SOQL in it.

Select Username, Manager.Name from User