• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
I'm getting an issue where the workflow criteria evaluates to false, as it gets the old value instead of the new one. Has anyone faced this issue or does anyone know if it's the expected behaviour?

Steps:

1) Create 2 record types (A and B) on an object.
2) Create 3 workflow rules to run on creation.
   WF 1: Change the record type from A to B. (Set "Re-evaluate Workflow Rules after Field Change" on the field update)
   WF 2: Update a field X if RT equals B (Use the rule criteria "criteria are met")
   WF 3: Update a field Y if RT.DeveloperName = 'B' (Use the rule crtieria "formula evaluates to true")
3) Create a record with RT A.

Result:
Record created with RT updated to B, and field X updated as per the field update. However field Y is not updated.
Going through the logs I can see that the values for WF 3 show the RT.DeveloperName as A instead of B, even though it works correctly for WF 2 (which displays the ID in the logs).
Shouldn't it work the same way for both?

Hopefully i've managed to keep it as clear as possible.
  • April 27, 2015

I have a VF page which retrieves a custom object data using the ajax toolkit. I am using this VF page within a community as well as in the internal org. This page loads fine in the internal org, but within the community i get the below error message.  

POST https://xxxxx.force.com/services/Soap/u/29.0 500 (Internal Server Error) connection.js:594
Uncaught {faultcode:'UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION', faultstring:'UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Site under construction', } connection.js:1014

To fix this i've copied the connection.js in the VF page, and added the site prefix global variable where the server url is being set in the connection.js.

Is this a bug within the toolkit? Or is there a better way to handle this, as i don't want to copy the connection.js inside the Vf?

• April 01, 2014

Does anyone know a way to detect console mode from a home page component (VF Page)? We have a visual force page, added as a wide home page component. Within the page JS, we are trying to detect whether the page is in console using "sforce.console.isInConsole()". But this does not seem to work. Any suggestions?

• November 28, 2013
I have linked the Trailhead account to Success profile sometime back. But the badge count seem to be different. Success community profile badges count is always several badges behind the Trailhead badges. Not sure why, any idea on this.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I'm getting an issue where the workflow criteria evaluates to false, as it gets the old value instead of the new one. Has anyone faced this issue or does anyone know if it's the expected behaviour?

Steps:

1) Create 2 record types (A and B) on an object.
2) Create 3 workflow rules to run on creation.
   WF 1: Change the record type from A to B. (Set "Re-evaluate Workflow Rules after Field Change" on the field update)
   WF 2: Update a field X if RT equals B (Use the rule criteria "criteria are met")
   WF 3: Update a field Y if RT.DeveloperName = 'B' (Use the rule crtieria "formula evaluates to true")
3) Create a record with RT A.

Result:
Record created with RT updated to B, and field X updated as per the field update. However field Y is not updated.
Going through the logs I can see that the values for WF 3 show the RT.DeveloperName as A instead of B, even though it works correctly for WF 2 (which displays the ID in the logs).
Shouldn't it work the same way for both?

Hopefully i've managed to keep it as clear as possible.
  • April 27, 2015

I have a VF page which retrieves a custom object data using the ajax toolkit. I am using this VF page within a community as well as in the internal org. This page loads fine in the internal org, but within the community i get the below error message.  

POST https://xxxxx.force.com/services/Soap/u/29.0 500 (Internal Server Error) connection.js:594
Uncaught {faultcode:'UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION', faultstring:'UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: Site under construction', } connection.js:1014

To fix this i've copied the connection.js in the VF page, and added the site prefix global variable where the server url is being set in the connection.js.

Is this a bug within the toolkit? Or is there a better way to handle this, as i don't want to copy the connection.js inside the Vf?

• April 01, 2014

Does anyone know a way to detect console mode from a home page component (VF Page)? We have a visual force page, added as a wide home page component. Within the page JS, we are trying to detect whether the page is in console using "sforce.console.isInConsole()". But this does not seem to work. Any suggestions?

• November 28, 2013