• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm using the Apex Data Loader in batch mode to insert records into a custom object.
I want to set the Name field to the same value that is in my DB, but SForce seems to create each record and set its own generated value in the name field. Is this possible?
I'm using the AppExchange data loader 8.0 to upload from my DB2 database to sforce.
If I use a sfdc.loadBatchSize value of anything other than an exact factor of my
result set size I end up with an error:

2007-02-07 16:11:49,155 ERROR [testObMasterProcess] progress.NihilistProgressAdapter doneError (NihilistProgressAdapter.java:51) - Error encounted trying to get value for column:  for row #75 (database execute query). Database configuration: queryJoborder.  Error: Invalid operation: result set closed.

My expected result set in this case is 74 rows.

Everything works fine with the following values:
sfdc.loadBatchSize=1
sfdc.loadBatchSize=2
sfdc.loadBatchSize=37
sfdc.loadBatchSize=74

It fails with the following values:
sfdc.loadBatchSize=10
sfdc.loadBatchSize=20
sfdc.loadBatchSize=100

Is this a bug in the Data Loader or am I missing something?

-Matt

I'm using the Apex Data Loader in batch mode to insert records into a custom object.
I want to set the Name field to the same value that is in my DB, but SForce seems to create each record and set its own generated value in the name field. Is this possible?
I'm using the AppExchange data loader 8.0 to upload from my DB2 database to sforce.
If I use a sfdc.loadBatchSize value of anything other than an exact factor of my
result set size I end up with an error:

2007-02-07 16:11:49,155 ERROR [testObMasterProcess] progress.NihilistProgressAdapter doneError (NihilistProgressAdapter.java:51) - Error encounted trying to get value for column:  for row #75 (database execute query). Database configuration: queryJoborder.  Error: Invalid operation: result set closed.

My expected result set in this case is 74 rows.

Everything works fine with the following values:
sfdc.loadBatchSize=1
sfdc.loadBatchSize=2
sfdc.loadBatchSize=37
sfdc.loadBatchSize=74

It fails with the following values:
sfdc.loadBatchSize=10
sfdc.loadBatchSize=20
sfdc.loadBatchSize=100

Is this a bug in the Data Loader or am I missing something?

-Matt