• 5 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Email to Lead (OR) Email2Lead - This (FREE) Innovative solution captures emails sent to your Company's mailboxes and creates Leads from it, helping you generate new sales and more revenue, reduces loss of potential customers and improves productivity.

FEATURES

• Captures sender's name, email address and email subject and body and saves onto the new Lead object
  • Captures sender's email address domain as Company name on Lead object
  • Sets Lead source as "Inbound Email" so you can run your reports/analytics
http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?id=a0330000005KcX7AAK
I looked through the Apex documentation and I didn't see any methods that return the server the code is executing on. I figure it has to be there and I'm just missing it as this would be required for packaged apps so they scales across all servers.

What I am doing is build a string that is a hyperlink but I need the server instance (na3, cs1) so I can build out the correct link.

opp is a Opportunity object.
String link = 'https://na3.salesforce.com/'+ opp.id;

Hard coding the na3 is not a good solution. Maybe there is some other way to do this?

Perhaps:

String link = opp.getLink();

but I didn't see anything like this.

Thanks for the help.
-Jason

I have created a custom field called 'Status' on the Account object. I has three picklist values : Prospect, Active and Dormant

The default is Propects' I an Opportunity is Closed -Won then I want to update the Account.Status field to Active

I started with the following code

trigger Test on Opportunity (after insert, after update) {
    List<Account> accToUpdate= new List<Account>;

for (Opportunity opp : System.Trigger.new) {
       Account accounts = [select id,name,industry from account where id in opp.accountid];
       for (Account acc: accounts){
         if (acc.status__c != 'Active'){
                acc.staus__C = 'Active';
                accToUpdate.add(acc);
             }
        }
    }
    update accToUpdate;
}­­

Hi,

We have an urgent need for a project component. We need to export donations entered in Salesforce.com and import these entries into QuickBooks 2008 as deposits.

We are looking for a consultant who can take this data and write code to convert this data to an import file for QuickBooks (required). We believe this will be in IIF format, likely need to write custom code to create this file directly from within Salesforce.com.

Do you know how to do this? Or, do you have any recommendations?

Udi

Cell 415-497-7516
Fax 415-462-0233
www.crmorbit.com

I'm getting the error 'Too Many Query Rows: 1001' when I make the call:

Integer value = [SELECT count() from Contact where .....];

And the debug log confirms that even though count() is an aggregate function, the Apex governor counts every row matching your select criteria.

Apparently from inside a trigger the limit is 1000 and from a webservice call 10000.

Is there any way the count() function can be measured as a single SOQL row for governance purposes?   It seems like it's just a toy function otherwise.

I'm trying to figure out how to use Salesforce to authenticate against. I'm using the API to make a login call against the SF API, but it requires the token, not just the username and password.

In order to get connected in the first place, I have turned off SSL verification; perhaps this is the issue. Here's the experimental code I'm using (Ruby):

---

require 'soap/wsdlDriver'
wsdl = "file:///Users/wycats/Documents/salesforce.wsdl" # our wsdl generated by SF
driver = SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new(wsdl).create_rpc_driver
driver.options['protocol.http.ssl_config.verify_mode'] = OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_NONE
driver.login(:username => "", :password => "")

# Result
# SOAP::FaultError: LOGIN_MUST_USE_SECURITY_TOKEN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user
# locked out. Are you at a new location? When accessing Salesforce--either via a desktop client or the
# API--from outside of your company’s trusted networks, you must add a security token to your password to
# log in. To receive a new security token, log in to Salesforce at http://www.salesforce.com and click
# Setup | My Personal Information | Reset Security Token.

---

Ideas?
  • March 12, 2008
ToolkitConnectionException: INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.
INVALID_LOGIN: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.

Hi All,

Our company is in  the process of integrating our existing database with salesforce databse.I have created a custom Link that opens up a new web page and queries data from our database and updates salesforce database.I have added the Link into the Page Layout of the Contact Tab.I am able to see the Link in th custom Links sections when I view details of a particular contact.But when I create a New Record or I try to modify an existing record, I am unable to view the link.Please somebody help me and let me know what is the mistake I am making....This is really very important.

Thanks,

Bharathi

My company sells 2 drastically different items that require different fields but we would like to market them both to all of our Contacts.

I am looking to add an additional page very similar to my current Opportunities page into my Professional version.  I need it to be able to link to my Contacts and Accounts so that a certain client can have both types of purchases associated with their Contact and Account: Investments(Current Opportunities Page) and Unit Sales(New Opportunities Page?).

Has anyone ever duplicated/created a page?
Would this be a Custom Application/Tab/Object?
Can I upgrade to another version to get this function?
Would I be better off having a professional come into our location to create this?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Pam Hale

Message Edited by Sign Cap on 02-05-2008 09:59 AM

Message Edited by Sign Cap on 02-05-2008 09:59 AM
Is there a way to use an s-control instead of execute javascript tied to a button?  My problem....we had to remove my access to production for compliance but I still need to be able to edit the code for the execute javascript.  I use Eclipse to edit the s-controls but I have to login to edit the execute javascript code.  Thoughts???

Hi,

I have developed an Application in Sandbox (Unlimited edition) Now it’s the time to deploy the application in production (of course unlimited edition).

Is there any automated way/tool to deploy the application in production from Sandbox? Or I’ll have to develop the same application entirely manually?

Any help/guide is highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Jagannath

Can anyone tell what's wrong with this syntax:

"Where PostalMailingCode Like '10019%'"

This crashes my entire HTML S-Control even though I know there are Contacts with that zip code.

Full Query:

Code:
//*********** Query ***********************************
var result = sforce.connection.query("SELECT c.Phone, c.title, c.firstname, " +
"c.lastname, c.email, a.Id, a.name, a.industry, c.accountId " +
"FROM Contact c, c.account a " +
"Where PostalMailingCode Like '10019%'" +
"limit 10");

• December 14, 2007
I have an sControl in a popup window that contains a link to edit a Task.  The link is formatted like this...

/TASK_RECORD_ID/e?retURL=/servlet/servlet.Integration?lid=SCONTROL_ID

The link works fine, and I'm able to edit the Task record.  When I save the Task, I am redirected back to the sControl, but I am getting an INVALID_SESSION_ID fault.

Any ideas?
Dear all,

I am looking for a way to create a new case automatically every time the status of a solution changes from "Approved" to "Draft"

This new case should have a queue owner.

Anyone knows if this is possible?

Thank you very much.
  • October 12, 2007
    Can someone help?  I have created the following formula and I keep getting Syntax errors.  Missing  ")" 

IF(
      ISPICKVAL(FOB_Point__c ,"Delivered"),
      (((( UnitPrice -  ( Del_Unit_Cost__c +  CUPS__c )+( Freight_Amount__c / Quantity  ))/ UnitPrice ))),
      (UnitPrice - (Del_Unit_Cost__c + CUPS__c))/UnitPrice

Thank you!
  • October 11, 2007
Do I need apex to do this, or can an s-control accomplish it? 

I have an object called Books, to which Pages are related.  I would like to create a button on the Pages related list so that, on any Book record, I can click the button and automatically generate multiple new Pages. 

Ideally I would like to have the number and type of Pages that are created depend upon the Book's record type and so forth.  For now, though, I just want to figure out how to be able to create a button that generates 10 new Pages records related to the Book. 

Thanks in advance. 
hello,

i have an application through the SOAP API using axis 1.4

Some users are getting an error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: #{loginBean.login}: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
because the following query returns zero objects and it should not:

"Select AccountId, Id, email from Contact where email='"+userInfo.getUserName()+"'"

I have verified that there is a Contact and a User with matching email and username fields.

I think it is a permissions problem since when i log into salesforce if i try to access the contact object by its id, i get a insufficient priviledges error.

What determines which contact objects users can see?

I would greately appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance.

Federico

I need some help on creating a simple s-control field that I can use to display a particular field on a page layout in red (and possibly bold). 

Thanks!

MySQL Synchronization with Salesforce.com

Prepared by: David Ciccarelli, CEO
August 14, 2007

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

Company Overview
Voices.com is an awarding winning web service that provides an online marketplace where businesses connect with professional voice actors to complete multimedia projects such as radio and television commercials, recordings business telephone systems, and even characters for video games.

Objective
To automate the exporting of data from the Voices.com administration MySQL database and import the data into Voices.com’s Salesforce.com account.

Current Practice
Currently, Voices.com is manually exporting the data from the MySQL database into an .CSV spreadsheet, relabeling the column titles then importing the .CSV spreadsheet into Salesforce.com using the “Import Accounts & Contacts” import wizard.  During the import process, an Admin from Voices.com maps the fields from the .CSV file to the correct fields within Salesforce.com. This practice of importing data from the MySQL database into Salesforce is repeated manually each week, in order to keep the records in Salesforce accurate and up-to-date.

Goals
To have daily imports of all Accounts & Contacts from MySQL into Salesforce, updating existing Salesforce records and adding the new records ( people who registered that same day ) into Salesforce.

Solution
Using Salesforce.com’s API provided with the Enterprise Edition, build a one-way data transfer application to automatically pull information from Voices.com’s MySQL database and import the data into Salesforce.com on a daily basis.

To achieve this goal, Voices.com will work closely with a Salesforce.com developer who has:
  • Knowledge of the Salesforce.com API
  • Experience with integrating MySQL database with Salesforce.com Enterprise Edition accounts
  • Adheres to best practices of Information Architecture such as file naming, field naming, field mapping

Milestones
  • Deliver a prototype application for a test import by September 15, 2007
  • Fully deploy the automated system by September 30, 2007
Next Steps

If you are interested in this project, reply to david@voices.com or via Private Message with your proposed quote, and two references.

Thank you kindly,

David Ciccarelli
Chief Executive Officer
Voices.com
519-858-5071 x 111
david@voices.com
http://www.voices.com

I've built a custom s-control that links over to a website. This is what it looks like:

On my control.asp page I grab the aid and create a directory. I ran into a problem because I was creating duplicate directories for different accounts. After further research I found that the {!Account.Id} is missing the last three characters.

I've searched the discussion boards and found a few people with my problem but I couldn't find a resolution.

Question #1. Is there a unique field I can pass in a scontrol link?
Question #2. What good is Account.Id if it's missing part of the id?

Thanks