• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I looked up the Apex Developer's Guide, and find out there are 6 supported levels: NONE, DEBUGONLY, DB, PROFILE, CALLOUT, DETAIL

My first question is: are those levels except the CALLOUT supported by all kinds of Saleforce user account editions?

My second question is: I'm using a Developer Edition account. But In 12.0 partner WSDL, there is only three DebugLevels (NONE, DEBUGONLY, DB) have been defined as restrictions. How could I choose to use  CALLOUT if my application do the input validation base on the WSDL definition?
The maximum lengh for a number type defined in salesforce platform is 18 digits. But in Java, it will round number more than 16 digits. Thus, if I define a number in salesforce which is 17 or 18 digits, say 12345678901234567 for example. It will be rounded to 1.2345678901234568E16 in Java.

Does it mean the value will be changed if it is processed by a Java program?

The double type in Java is defined follow the IEEE 754 standard. I would like to know why Salesforce.com allows a number maximum to 18 digits. And how could I deal with such a big number using Java code.
I looked up documents but failed to find instructions of how to use DebuggingHeader. Would any one please provide any help!

Thanks
We noticed that, there is a header 'QueryOption' in retrive. But it seems that it is different to the one in query/queryMore.

We tried to retireve more than 800 sObjects and set the batchSize to 600, but nothing happened, all the 800+ sObjects were returned.

We also looked up the apex_api document, but gained nothing useful.

So why there is a 'QueryOption' header for retrieve, and how does it took effect?

Thanks
we know that to aqcuire the wsdl file, we need to log in first, then press download to generate and download the wsdl file manually.
But is there a way for us to get the wsdl file (partner or enterprise) for a specific account through code?
sorry for posting this again, I am afraid I wrongly posted it to other sections.

-------------------

Hello,

we are using Axis 1.4 to parse the wsdl but got the following exception:

Error on line 1 of document  : Content is not allowed in prolog. Nested exception: Content is not allowed in prolog.

The wsdl we are using was generated from sfdc and without any modification. We looked up the Internet, but got no good resolutions. Would you please give us any clue?
Hello,

Error on line 1 of document  : Content is not allowed in prolog. Nested exception: Content is not allowed in prolog.

The wsdl we are using was generated from sfdc and without any modification. We looked up the Internet, but got no good resolutions. Would you please give us any clue?
Hello,

We are trying to get the schema from salesforce to form it in our local. But currently, we can not know whether a field is required or not. Is there a way we could get this property by making API call?
Hello,

I changed the server url from 'https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0' to 'https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/9.0', and then trying to log in using my developer account.
And I keep getting the login error, says wrong password or account have been locked
I got the same error when using 'https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0'.
But I could log in through 'https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/9.0' url.
I would like to know why I cannot log in. Do I need any special cert files?

Thank you!
Hello,

we use query string: select id from account where Description='Test' to query. And caught the following error:
INVALID_FIELD: field 'Description' can not be filtered in query call

does it mean there is a banch of columns which could not be used in query? if so, are there a list of those fields? and how could I find it.

Thanks!
Hello!

I am now using partner.wsdl and the TIBCO BW to do some small tests.

I discovered that, when I am doing query using the string "Select Id, FirstName from Contact", the returned soap message has two Id fields with the exactly same value. But if the query string is "Select FirstName from Contact", then the duplicate Id is gone.

For this have already caused a duplicate field problem in my bw process in some situation when I configure a process to do upsert, I would like to know, why it returns 2 Id fields back

Are those two fields actually different role but carrying the same value? However, it seems not right to me, because the field names are exactly the same. But if so, how or in what kinds of situation will I use this 'duplicatied' Id field?
Hello,

It is really strange. The same project can be run successfully 2 days ago got a HttpCommunicationException today when doing the query. The login has been successfully perfermed, I can got the session and the new url. But when doing the query, it returned a HttpCommunicationException exception.

the error message saids: The selected encryption strength may not match your policy file. Please check your policy file and upgrade, if necessary.. Fatal SSL handshake error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create cipher AES/CBC/NoPadding: java.security.InvalidKeyException: Illegal key size .

It is something wrong with my network connection? or Salseforce has updated any ssl related configuration recently?

Thanks in advance!
for Create/Update/Upsert/Delete operations there is a limitation. In Apex_API document, it saids:

-------------------------
Maximum Number of Objects Created
Your client application can add up to 200 individual objects in a single create call. If a create request exceeds 200 objects, then the entire operation fails.

I would like to know if this 'Maximum Number' could be changed to other than 200? and How?

Thanks!
The maximum lengh for a number type defined in salesforce platform is 18 digits. But in Java, it will round number more than 16 digits. Thus, if I define a number in salesforce which is 17 or 18 digits, say 12345678901234567 for example. It will be rounded to 1.2345678901234568E16 in Java.

Does it mean the value will be changed if it is processed by a Java program?

The double type in Java is defined follow the IEEE 754 standard. I would like to know why Salesforce.com allows a number maximum to 18 digits. And how could I deal with such a big number using Java code.
I looked up documents but failed to find instructions of how to use DebuggingHeader. Would any one please provide any help!

Thanks
We noticed that, there is a header 'QueryOption' in retrive. But it seems that it is different to the one in query/queryMore.

We tried to retireve more than 800 sObjects and set the batchSize to 600, but nothing happened, all the 800+ sObjects were returned.

We also looked up the apex_api document, but gained nothing useful.

So why there is a 'QueryOption' header for retrieve, and how does it took effect?

Thanks
Hello,

It is really strange. The same project can be run successfully 2 days ago got a HttpCommunicationException today when doing the query. The login has been successfully perfermed, I can got the session and the new url. But when doing the query, it returned a HttpCommunicationException exception.

the error message saids: The selected encryption strength may not match your policy file. Please check your policy file and upgrade, if necessary.. Fatal SSL handshake error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create cipher AES/CBC/NoPadding: java.security.InvalidKeyException: Illegal key size .

It is something wrong with my network connection? or Salseforce has updated any ssl related configuration recently?

Thanks in advance!
for Create/Update/Upsert/Delete operations there is a limitation. In Apex_API document, it saids:

Maximum Number of Objects Created
Your client application can add up to 200 individual objects in a single create call. If a create request exceeds 200 objects, then the entire operation fails.

I would like to know if this 'Maximum Number' could be changed to other than 200? and How?

Thanks!