• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We've noticed a real slow-down in the Add Email functionality since we changed to this latest version of the Outlook Connector.

Ideally I'd like to limit down what appears in the Related To page as this is very confusing for people.  It's adding all sorts of custom tabs which we will never want emails relating to.  As an Administrator I'd either like to be able to have a company policy that I can set or at least allow my users to select which tabs they want to see, e.g. Sales will never add anything to Cases, Support will never add anything to Leads, and no-one will add anything to Test Cases.

Would be grateful of any ideas that anyone has, as at the moment I'm keeping most users on the older version as it's much quicker.

many thanks,
Kathryn

We have an email that alerts a customer that a new case comment has been added to their case.

At the moment I've got a URL within the email that sends them to our self-service portal login page, but I'd really like to send them to the specific case. I do this for our internal contacts using a Case.Link field if they were using Salesforce but these are our external customers who will only see their cases via the portal. Is there another field that we can use that does the same thing?

As customers list of cases builds over time this will become an increasing issue for us as we only use the standard version of the portal and the display is a bit limited.

Many thanks

Kathryn

Hi,
I'm currently testing "Connect for Outlook" to see if it's relevant to deploy it to my users. But I find it very slow on startup. I don't use the "Log in automatically whne Outlook starts" option (otherwise it hangs, but that's not the point).
But the first time I click on "Add Email", and thus initiate the connexion with Salesforce, it takes between 1 and 3 minutes to get the "Add email" window to pop-up (meanwhile, Outlook is frozen).
The second time I do it, the popup appears in just a few seconds, which is fine.

And this behaviour is repeated everytime I open outlook...
Any idea? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using Outlook 2003; I'm behind a proxy (which works fine usually) and Connect for Outlook 3.2.110

Thank you!

Hi,
 I was wondering if anyone else has seen this and has a solution:

When I create a case from an email in Outlook - the email does not get added as part of the case. I was under the impression that the email would be included in the case details (may be in the activities section). As it works right now only the contact details get included. Anyway to fix this problem and have the email included?

Thanks!
Divya
  • October 17, 2007