• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Being a newbie to the product I posted this query in the Excel Connector section. To those of you who use SF and Mac perhaps you can help ....

I use a Mac (iBook) using OX 10.4.8 My partners use PC's.
We have thousands of business cards which need to be scanned using IrisCard. It seems to me that IrisCard (IrisScan) is a bit limited in the types of file formats I can create. SF likewise is limited, accepting only .csv files. I do not use Outlook and since it appears SF does not work in a simple way with Entourage, it seems my only choice is to get the scanned data into an Excel file and map all fields to match SF. Which to my untutored mind is a whole lot of work and not a lot of fun.

Does anyone have experience with Mac's, SF, and importing business cards? And have you found a simpler or more direct way to get this info into SF? And will you tell me how?!?
We have thousands of business cards which need to be scanned using IrisCard. It seems to me that IrisCard (IrisScan) is a bit limited in the types of file formats I can create. SF likewise is limited, accepting only .csv files. I do not use Outlook and since it appears SF does not work in a simple way with Entourage, it seems my only choice is to get the scanned data into an Excel file and map all fields to match SF. Which to my untutored mind is a whole lot of work and not a lot of fun.

Does anyone have experience with Mac's, SF, and importing business cards? And have you found a simpler or more direct way to get this info into SF? And will you tell me how?!?
Being a newbie to the product I posted this query in the Excel Connector section. To those of you who use SF and Mac perhaps you can help ....