• 30 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How it is possible to use the advanced search within a lookup dialog? Or is that unfortunately already unimplemented?
Are you a developer who uses SOSL? Maybe you want to use SOSL but can't because it's missing something?
    We want your feedback!
    Salesforce Object Search Language (SOSL) allows you to submit search queries via the API to Salesforce's native search and specify what data to search in and how the results are returned. We want feedback on SOSL from developers so that we can improve on it and fix any problems you're having with it. Post answers to the following to this thread:

• What are you using SOSL for?

• What do you wish SOSL did that it doesn't do today?

• Did you attempt to use SOSL but couldn't because something was missing?

If there's something missing that you'd like to see, post it to the IdeaExchange. Here's an example you can check out about the 200 record limit on results returned from SOSL queries:  http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/65660/.

Link to SOSL documentation

SusanK
      Apex Platform Product Management

Message Edited by SusanK on 04-13-2007 06:12 PM

Message Edited by SusanK on 04-13-2007 06:18 PM

• April 14, 2007

Is it possible to include custom object fields when searching using the lookup window?  I have a number of custom objects that use an auto-number for the object name, however searching for these objects is near impossible when I want to link them to another object by selecting the lookup magnifying glass.

I've found several different solutions that suggest that this could be done, however I am unable to get a successful result.  Any help would be appreciated

I am doing SOSL queries similar to:

FIND {Cook} IN ALL FIELDS RETURNING Lead(Id, Name, Street, City, State, PostalCode, Country ORDER BY Name) 

The word "Cook" is located in a County__c field on the Lead object.  I was under the impression that I could still search in the County__c field (that's what ALL FIELDS does) even though I am not returning it.  The record I want is not being found using the above.  If I edit the record and put "Cook" into the PostalCode field, it finds it.

The issue is that County__c is not the only additional field that could be searched.  I want to search ALL FIELDS but only return some fields so that the returned SOAP message is not so big.

Do I have to include every field I want to search in the RETURNING clause if I am doing my SOSL with the above syntax?

• April 15, 2009
      How it is possible to use the advanced search within a lookup dialog? Or is that unfortunately already unimplemented?

I have a formula field called "Active Status" that displays an Image from the Documents object if Status = "Active". The image displays as expected on the Account Detail page, but not on the Search Results page. On that page instead of the image the small "red x" icon displays - even when I right click and select "Show Picture" the image does not display. How can I ensure the image displays on the Search results page as the idea is to highlight results with a particular status.

• June 20, 2007
      Are you a developer who uses SOSL? Maybe you want to use SOSL but can't because it's missing something?
        We want your feedback!
        Salesforce Object Search Language (SOSL) allows you to submit search queries via the API to Salesforce's native search and specify what data to search in and how the results are returned. We want feedback on SOSL from developers so that we can improve on it and fix any problems you're having with it. Post answers to the following to this thread:

• What are you using SOSL for?

• What do you wish SOSL did that it doesn't do today?

• Did you attempt to use SOSL but couldn't because something was missing?

If there's something missing that you'd like to see, post it to the IdeaExchange. Here's an example you can check out about the 200 record limit on results returned from SOSL queries:  http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/65660/.

Link to SOSL documentation

SusanK
          Apex Platform Product Management

Message Edited by SusanK on 04-13-2007 06:12 PM

Message Edited by SusanK on 04-13-2007 06:18 PM

• April 14, 2007
          Hi,
          In our SFA instance, we have various page layouts by role and region.  In the search layouts, is their a way to display ABC field (which would be in French) and not be displayed for all users? Only users with a page layout of French could view this field in the search display result.  Basically, is their a way for the french fields to be displayed on the search display results without all the english users seeing them?  I believe its one search display result for all users. Has anyone else come across this?
          • April 09, 2007