• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm working on an S-control for updating multiple attributes on one or more cases at a time.  The particular problem I'm having is that while I can successfully change the Department_Assigned__c custom field, the assignment rules specified for cases don't seem to be getting applied, and case owner is remaining unchanged.  If I understand the 9.0 Ajax documentation, I should be able to use something like the following:

sforce.connection.useDefaultRule = "true";
        sforce.connection.update(recordsToUpdate, callback);

If I manually edit a case and change the Department_Assigned__c custom field, the case owner changes correctly.  I've also tried using sforce.connection.assignmentRuleID = "the_assignment_rule_id", but still no luck.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I'm working on an S-control for updating multiple attributes on one or more cases at a time.  The particular problem I'm having is that while I can successfully change the Department_Assigned__c custom field, the assignment rules specified for cases don't seem to be getting applied, and case owner is remaining unchanged.  If I understand the 9.0 Ajax documentation, I should be able to use something like the following:

sforce.connection.useDefaultRule = "true";
        sforce.connection.update(recordsToUpdate, callback);

If I manually edit a case and change the Department_Assigned__c custom field, the case owner changes correctly.  I've also tried using sforce.connection.assignmentRuleID = "the_assignment_rule_id", but still no luck.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.