• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Our organization requires active support which is listed by asset. There are typically multiple assets associated with an Account, however I want to search through all the Assets in an Account and if the term Active is found in the Status field, then show "Active", otherwise if it is not found display "Expired".

I've tried creating a case field using a forumla to try an IF statement, however I cannot access the related Asset fields.

Obviously, this would seem I need to create a S-Control in order to have this happen when an Account is associated with a case. Seems simple, but I can't get my page to load this.
We populate a few fields within a custom object, but want to be able to add this information to a case. Therefore we have created fields in Case by using a lookup relationship.

This fills in the one field which is great, however, we want to pull over 3 or 4 other fields that correspond to the custom object field.

Also, as a separate problem, if trying to lookup a number (field) from the custom object and it doesnt exist, i would like to be able to create a new one if it doesnt already exist, but there is no 'New' button available when doing the lookup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Tony Seaward

Message Edited by SeawardT on 10-05-2007 07:51 AM

Message Edited by SeawardT on 10-05-2007 07:54 AM

I have tried using Workflows, approval processes and such, but am completely stumped. When an email comes in from the Email2Case, I would like the status of a case to be updated to reflect the current status.

Any ideas?
Our organization requires active support which is listed by asset. There are typically multiple assets associated with an Account, however I want to search through all the Assets in an Account and if the term Active is found in the Status field, then show "Active", otherwise if it is not found display "Expired".

I've tried creating a case field using a forumla to try an IF statement, however I cannot access the related Asset fields.

Obviously, this would seem I need to create a S-Control in order to have this happen when an Account is associated with a case. Seems simple, but I can't get my page to load this.
We populate a few fields within a custom object, but want to be able to add this information to a case. Therefore we have created fields in Case by using a lookup relationship.

This fills in the one field which is great, however, we want to pull over 3 or 4 other fields that correspond to the custom object field.

Also, as a separate problem, if trying to lookup a number (field) from the custom object and it doesnt exist, i would like to be able to create a new one if it doesnt already exist, but there is no 'New' button available when doing the lookup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Tony Seaward

Message Edited by SeawardT on 10-05-2007 07:51 AM

Message Edited by SeawardT on 10-05-2007 07:54 AM

We have an S-control that initializes some fields of a newly created object.  It runs when the object is *displayed* after the "Save" button is clicked.

Unfortunately it does not run if the "Save and New" button is clicked, because the saved page is not displayed after that click.

How might we cause the initialization code to run no matter what?

Can we attach the code to the "Save" and "Save and New" buttons?

Thanks!
I want to create something to allow our support agents to quickly close cases that have the same case reason, resolution and time spent.  (things like information requests, uploading a file etc etc)  They spend about 10 minutes resolving minor, repetative support issues including fixing the issue, updating the case and sending the response to the client.

I'd like to be able to create a 'close - info request' custom button that invokes an s-control to do the following:

- update 6 or 7 case fields (standard and custom)
 - close the case
 - add a standard comment
 - send solution or email to the case contact

Even updating the fields is a good start, just something to cut down the time they spend doing the same thing over and over.

I have a fairly good understanding of how I could use an s-control to do this, I just don't know where to get started.  I've added AJAX toolkit and made a simple control that adds an account (from the tutorial) but I'm not sure where to start developing my own control.
  I have tried using Workflows, approval processes and such, but am completely stumped. When an email comes in from the Email2Case, I would like the status of a case to be updated to reflect the current status.

Any ideas?