• 5 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've been reading about the BigObject pilot program, but nowhere have I found an explanation of how BigObject storage is accounted.  Do they count 2KB per record against database storage, as do other custom objects?  Or are they accounted differently?

Hey everyone, I'm pretty much brand new to SF and it's ways so please be gentle. :P

I'm trying to figure out how to do something, and can't seem to find any posts about it, even the ones on the internet are not quite giving me what I need.

We use SF as a Dispatching/Billing system.  Our structure for accounts is as follows:

Top Level: "Account" (Standard Account Functionality)
-> Rack Rate Book (related list in account) -> Houses all of the "Standard Rates" for the account for each year (i.e. "CompanyName" Rates 2015)

2nd Level: "Project" (Houses all the data for each project. i.e. Proj. Address, Supervisor Contact Info, etc...)
-> In the "Project" layout we have several fields that house the information regarding the cost of our product/services. These fields match up exactly w/ the fields in the Rack Rate Books.

ISSUE:
I would like to create a button in "Project" layout that does the following when pressed:
1) Refreshes page to "Edit" screen.
2) Inserts the information from the selected Rate Book (can be selected through a lookup in a pop-up window if need be) into the corresponding fields in the Project.
3) Leaves the page in "Edit" for any modifications/adjustments before saving.

I'm not sure if this is possible, or even makes sense, but this is what I have for you all lol. 

Thank you in advance,

- ReliantToast

I've been reading about the BigObject pilot program, but nowhere have I found an explanation of how BigObject storage is accounted.  Do they count 2KB per record against database storage, as do other custom objects?  Or are they accounted differently?