• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I added a custom list button say  "Custom Message Button" to a custom object. This button displays a simple alert message.
This being a list button it gets displayed in the related list section when viewing another related object.

This button displays in its tooltip "Custom Message Button". I want to change this while retaining the label for the button. Basically I only want to change the tooltip information.

Is it possible ? I do not want to create a new VF page just to view a different tooltip !
I want to continue to use the default SF page for the object which displays the related list.

Thanks
Hi,

I read that I can use Migration tool to move metadata from one org to another.

I want to move some basic master data required for my application.
How can I do this ?

The objects have master-detail and lookup dependencies between them and hence I am not sure of using the data export functions.

Can I use an apex method instead ?

Thank you

I want to get records for which the child records are not null. I tried to use the resolution provided at the link mentioned below but it did not help. I tried the query with "!= null" as well as "!=''".

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008lxBIAQ .

I have been breaking my head over it ... hope someone else can help with this.

The query -

Select
(Select Id, FieldA, FieldB, FieldC From Child__r where FieldA IN
('Value1', 'Value2','Value3')  ) ,

o.Parent_Date_Time__c From Parent__c o

where o.Id IN (Select Parent__c from Child__c where Parent__c != '') AND

o.LastModifiedDate >= 2013-05-01T23:59:59Z AND
o.Parent_Date_Time__c = LAST_N_DAYS: 15
Hi,

I have created a set of community users and I have them login only via the app I have created.

They should not be able to access the salesforce web link and log in with their credentials.

How can this be done ? Any ideas ?

I am trying to see if I can reduce the size of the response from my REST API service.

1. Currently I am using a VF page to call the REST service but when I try to use setCompressed(true) - I get the following message

message":"Unexpected EOF encountered while initializing GZIP stream","errorCode":"UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION

2. I tried to use the deflate option but the response comes as junk chars. I thought the getBody() method was supposed to decode this ?
[ Accept-Encoding as deflate  ]

3. Regardless of whether I use gzip or not - the response size is the same. So that clearly this compression is not working.
[ Accept-Encoding as gzip  ]

4. I tried to use POST as mentioned in one forum discussion but that gave me an error saying only "GET" and "HEADER" requests were supported.

Any ideas on why compression is not working ? Does salesforce support this feature or not ?

I have created an APEX REST class that queries two different objects and returns multiple rows for both queries. Both queries return completely different values.

I want to get the results of both the resultsets into one JSON object which will be automatically parsed due to the REST call.

Is this possible ?

I tried to put both resultsets into a single <sObject> list but it gave me an error saying two different types of objects were being added into a single list.

I have a 2 level parent child relationship and I am trying to use  a SOQL query ... SA (child) --> SQ  --> S. There is a one to many relationship between SA to SQ and SQ to S.

When I give a query like this ... I get a response but the last field with 2 relationships does not display anything - only [object Object] [ Am currently just trying in the Developer Console to get my query right ]

Select SA__c.Id, SA__c.Name,
SA__c.SQ__r.Name__c,

SA__c.SQ__r.S__r.Name__c

from SA__c where
SA__c.SQ__r.S__c = 'a0Hi0000009S5jcEAC'

So I checked adding a field like this in the SA object and it gets displayed just fine !!!!

Can the class name for "Contact" be changed in salesforce ? I want to extend the object definition for Contact with some custom fields ( instead of creating a custom object ) and then call Contact from Apex code.  

Hi,

I added a custom list button say  "Custom Message Button" to a custom object. This button displays a simple alert message.
This being a list button it gets displayed in the related list section when viewing another related object.

This button displays in its tooltip "Custom Message Button". I want to change this while retaining the label for the button. Basically I only want to change the tooltip information.

Is it possible ? I do not want to create a new VF page just to view a different tooltip !
I want to continue to use the default SF page for the object which displays the related list.

Thanks
I have a 2 level parent child relationship and I am trying to use  a SOQL query ... SA (child) --> SQ  --> S. There is a one to many relationship between SA to SQ and SQ to S.

When I give a query like this ... I get a response but the last field with 2 relationships does not display anything - only [object Object] [ Am currently just trying in the Developer Console to get my query right ]

SA__c.SQ__r.Name__c,

SA__c.SQ__r.S__r.Name__c

from SA__c where

So I checked adding a field like this in the SA object and it gets displayed just fine !!!!
Hi,

Thanks
Hi,

I read that I can use Migration tool to move metadata from one org to another.

I want to move some basic master data required for my application.
How can I do this ?

The objects have master-detail and lookup dependencies between them and hence I am not sure of using the data export functions.

Can I use an apex method instead ?

Thank you

I want to get records for which the child records are not null. I tried to use the resolution provided at the link mentioned below but it did not help. I tried the query with "!= null" as well as "!=''".

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008lxBIAQ .

I have been breaking my head over it ... hope someone else can help with this.

The query -

Select
(Select Id, FieldA, FieldB, FieldC From Child__r where FieldA IN
('Value1', 'Value2','Value3')  ) ,

o.Parent_Date_Time__c From Parent__c o

where o.Id IN (Select Parent__c from Child__c where Parent__c != '') AND

o.LastModifiedDate >= 2013-05-01T23:59:59Z AND
o.Parent_Date_Time__c = LAST_N_DAYS: 15
Hi,

I have created a set of community users and I have them login only via the app I have created.

They should not be able to access the salesforce web link and log in with their credentials.

How can this be done ? Any ideas ?

I am trying to see if I can reduce the size of the response from my REST API service.

1. Currently I am using a VF page to call the REST service but when I try to use setCompressed(true) - I get the following message

message":"Unexpected EOF encountered while initializing GZIP stream","errorCode":"UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION

2. I tried to use the deflate option but the response comes as junk chars. I thought the getBody() method was supposed to decode this ?
[ Accept-Encoding as deflate  ]

3. Regardless of whether I use gzip or not - the response size is the same. So that clearly this compression is not working.
[ Accept-Encoding as gzip  ]

4. I tried to use POST as mentioned in one forum discussion but that gave me an error saying only "GET" and "HEADER" requests were supported.

Any ideas on why compression is not working ? Does salesforce support this feature or not ?

I have created an APEX REST class that queries two different objects and returns multiple rows for both queries. Both queries return completely different values.

I want to get the results of both the resultsets into one JSON object which will be automatically parsed due to the REST call.

Is this possible ?

I tried to put both resultsets into a single <sObject> list but it gave me an error saying two different types of objects were being added into a single list.

SA__c.SQ__r.Name__c,

SA__c.SQ__r.S__r.Name__c

from SA__c where

Hi, Folks!

Does anybody know how to make more than 1 level nested Parent-to-Child query?

As I know there is a standard limitations for parent-to-child queries: "In each specified relationship, only one level of parent-to-child relationship can be specified in a query."

Sure I can provide some additional classes to solve the problem, but maybe somebody knows another way?

(kind of how to make additional request for query resulds:

companiesList.addAll([

Select Name, c.Conference__r.Id, c.Conference__c, c.Comapny_Contact__r.FirstName,

(Select Name From PC_Track__r)  

From cmp_Participating_Company__c c

Where c.Conference__r.Id = 'a00A0000000q5nK'

]);

for (cmp_Participating_Company__c company : companiesList)

{

for (cmp_Meeting_Track__c track : company.PC_Track__r)

{

track.Meeting_Track__r = [Select Name From cmp_Meeting__c];

}

} 

• September 06, 2009