• 20 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've been asked to create a wizard where the first page allows the users to select an account name.  They would like to see the Account Name input field with the lookup button so they can either type in the account name or search.  My problem is that it seems that the lookup icon only appears when the field is a lookup field of some parent object, e.g. Opportunity.AccountId or Contact.AccountId.  Is there something basic that I am missing (I'm new to SF) or is there a better way to do this that I could suggest to the users?
The following query returns the error below and I'm not sure why.  If I remove the "AND (p.AccountToId != Opportunity.AccountId)" then it returns 2 rows.

SELECT p.OpportunityId, p.AccountToId, p.Role, p.IsPrimary, Opportunity.AccountId
FROM Partner p
WHERE (p.OpportunityId = 'XXXXXXX') AND (p.AccountToId != Opportunity.AccountId)

In the actual query 'XXXXXXX' is a valid ID

MALFORMED_QUERY
unexpected token: 'Opportunity.AccountId'

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
When I run a simple query which gets data from a parent table that data is not displayed.  It just displays the name of the parent table.  See screenshot:
User-added image

It doesn't seem to matter what field I choose or what parent table I connect to.  

When I run this same query through the Developer console it displays as expected.  I'm using Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler) with a fresh install of the Force.com IDE plugin.  I looked through the known issues and I didn't see anything that pertains to this.  Any idea what's going on here?
When I run a simple query which gets data from a parent table that data is not displayed.  It just displays the name of the parent table.  See screenshot:
User-added image

It doesn't seem to matter what field I choose or what parent table I connect to.  

When I run this same query through the Developer console it displays as expected.  I'm using Eclipse 4.3 (Kepler) with a fresh install of the Force.com IDE plugin.  I looked through the known issues and I didn't see anything that pertains to this.  Any idea what's going on here?