• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am helping a non-profit organization and I am very new to salesforce development (i'm an admin). What I am trying to accomplish is we have a contact (Nominee) and on their record a look-up field to another contact (referree). I need to write a trigger that will populate the account that contact (referree) is associated with on the contact (nominee) field referred_by_org__c  at that point in time.

This is my way around historical data - if the referree moves accouts I want to know what account they were associated with at the time they nominated contact (Nominee)

Any help would be very appreciated!
Kiaya
I am helping a non-profit organization and I am very new to salesforce development (i'm an admin). What I am trying to accomplish is we have a contact (Nominee) and on their record a look-up field to another contact (referree). I need to write a trigger that will populate the account that contact (referree) is associated with on the contact (nominee) field referred_by_org__c  at that point in time.

This is my way around historical data - if the referree moves accouts I want to know what account they were associated with at the time they nominated contact (Nominee)

Any help would be very appreciated!
Kiaya