• 5 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have read that this should be possible but I am lost as to how.

I have created an externalID on the users object. The accounts object has a lookup field for the account owner. When I upsert the accounts every day I pass the external user id into the account owner lookup field. But I am getting an error: "Owner ID: id value of incorrect type: MDC"

What else do I have to set up to get this to work? I really don't want to have to export the salesforce user ids and manually match them with the user ids we have on premis.
  • April 15, 2014
I have read that this should be possible but I am lost as to how.

I have created an externalID on the users object. The accounts object has a lookup field for the account owner. When I upsert the accounts every day I pass the external user id into the account owner lookup field. But I am getting an error: "Owner ID: id value of incorrect type: MDC"

What else do I have to set up to get this to work? I really don't want to have to export the salesforce user ids and manually match them with the user ids we have on premis.
  • April 15, 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to load data into my custom object using the command line data loader, but am stuck trying to load the OwnerID using my External ID on teh User object.

I've got 2 users with external id field = Dataload_Id__c, and values = "owner_1", "owner_2"

Many of my data files will be wanting to assign ownership to one of these users (and potentially others), but I can't figure out the external ID syntax for my SDL file in data loader.

I've tried the following:

OwnerId=Owner\:Dataload_id__c

OwnerId=User\:Dataload_Id__c

OwnerId=Owner\:User\:Dataload_Id_c

none are working.

I know I can put the exact salesforce ID of my owners in the csv file, but this file will be used on numerous sandboxes where the owners will be created manually and repeatedly, meaning the salesforce ID won't be consistent. Also, files will be arriving from multiple sources, where creators only know the external ID of the owning users.

I'm sure this can be done, as I've used third party tools like Pervasive Data Integrator which allowed me to put, for example, "(User:Dataload_Id__c:owner_1)" as my load value. Pervasive used the standard salesforce API.

Thing is, I don't know how to translate this to an SDL file.

Can anyone help?

Kind regards,

Sunny