• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,
I am helping a non-profit organizationg and setting up SF system for them. We need to import a list of about 2500 Contacts from another system. I have already created the fields and mappings, and import works. However during the import, accounts are not created and thus the contacts remain private. From there there are tons of other permissions related issues, suchs as the reports and dashboards don't work. I tried importing from both the Data Loader and the Data Wizard. Both don't create accounts, just contacts.
What am I missing and is there another way to upload a large CSV? We have the non-profit package for Sales Force if that has any limitation. Appreciated any thoughts on the problem!
  • April 01, 2015
Hi Experts,

In our salesforce application we are using 4 different record types in Project custom object.
Below are record types.
    - Managed Project
    - Project Templates
    - REST Project
    - Staffing Project
One custom picklist Case_Team__c is on project object.
Case_Team__c custom picklist added to all record types.
But we need to remove this picklist field from one of the record type.
Please find the below images.

Available record types for Project Object

Record Type = Staffing Project

Anyone please resolve my issue.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Manu
I am new to Apex and I am having trouble with changing the record type of a record on a visualforce page.  Here is what is happening.

If I try to use this as an Apex Class,

public class LoadRecordType {

Account a;

public LoadRecordType(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
        a=(Account)controller.getRecord();
    }

public PageReference setRecordType(){
        a.RecordTypeId=[Select Id,SobjectType,Name From RecordType where Name ='VCHospital' and SobjectType ='Account'  limit 1].id;
        update a;
        return null;
    }
}

And reference this extension on the visualforce page like this.

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="LoadRecordType" action="{!setRecordType}">
    <apex:detail subject="{!account}"/>
</apex:page>

I get this error.

Visualforce Error
System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject
Error is in expression '{!setRecordType}' in component <apex:page> in page accountdetailbutton: Class.LoadRecordType.setRecordType: line 10, column 1
Class.LoadRecordType.setRecordType: line 10, column 1

Im kind of a visualforce Newb.  Can someone help me figure out why this is happening?
Hi all,

I have created a trigger that has 75% code coverage. I am unsure how to set an .adderror from my trigger. Dones anyone have a code sample of how this can be achieved?

Thanks

Trigger:
trigger PicklistLimitTrigger on Software_Assets__c(before insert,before update){
Integer count =[select count() from Software_Assets__c where Software_Product__c='Windows 7'];
for(Software_Assets__c a:trigger.new){
if(count==3&&a.Software_Product__c=='Windows 7'){
a.addError('Please chose some other pick-list Values');
}
}
}

Test Class:
@isTest
private class PickListLimitTriggerTest {
    static testMethod void PickListLimitTrigger() {
 Software_Assets__c sa = new Software_Assets__c(Asset_First_Recorded__c = date.today(), Asset_Status__c = 'Operational', Vendor__c = 'Microsoft', Software_Product__c = 'Windows 7');

insert sa;

}
}

Custom field "global id" is unique identifier. Specific case record type.
Hi everyone.  

I'm trying to make a field where if a user enters "a91893b.e00" for example .  Even though they would input that, it should save or convert that to "A91893B.E00".
Hello,
Is there any app that would track the time spent by reps on reading, writing emails (email tracking)? The goal is to track the time spent on a case via email channel (time spent in reading email, composing email, etc.,.).

PS: The desire is not to measure the case handling time, instead measure agents productivity via email channel.

Is it a good idea to sunset outlook and use emails through salesforce, so that the time can be measured if any apps are available? Has anyone done this before? Can anyone please guide me?

Thanks.
Hello,
Company is trying to measure the productivity of the service reps specifically on
  -- the amount of time spent on handling cases via emails,
  -- creating emails and sending them out to the customers or other reps specific to cases

With microsoft outlook to sfdc we were able to get all the emails in to sfdc for cases and contacts for traceability. But what i am struggling with is, how to measure the amount of time spent in reading an email, composing an email etc.,. on a case. 

PS :: I am not asking for time spent in resolving a case, instead time spent on email related activities on a case.

Has anybody done this before? Could you please guide me with an appropriate solution?

Thanks.
Hi,

Can anyone let me know if it's possible to access quote templated via apex / api? I am trying to give users ability to choose a template (one out of many) in my visualforce wizard and i am kind of stuck.

If it's possible can anyone let me know the api name for the object / field?

Thanks.
Hi Group,

We are consolidating salesforce instances and as a part of it data is being migrated from one instance to another instance. All the objects have been moved over, but there is a problem with attaching "Converted Leads" as campaign members on a campaign. There are few fields in campaign which actually displays the following:
-- Total Leads ((Count of Leads + Converted Leads) - attached to the campaign)
-- Converted Leads (Count of Converted Leads - attached to the campaign)
-- Total Contacts ((Count of Converted Leads + Contacts) - attached to the campaign)

Example::

In instance "ABC", on a campaign the numbers are as follows:
-- Total Leads = 25
-- Converted Leads = 14
-- Total Contacts = 14

In instance "XYZ" the data is migrated from "ABC", trying to import campaign members
-- Total Leads = 11
-- Converted Leads = 0
-- Total Contacts = 14

The unconverted leads and contacts are just fine with the migration, but the converted leads are not getting attached to the campaign. Our company wants to retain and track lead based campaign members which are converted to contacts when data is migrated from "ABC" to "XYZ". Opened a ticket with salesforce but there is no resolution as of now.

Salesforce API document on campaign member has a note : Only use a ContactId or LeadId, but not both, unless you want to track lead-based campaign members you convert to contacts.

I have tried following steps to migrate campaign members and here is the status:
Successfully imported a campaign
Successfully imported unconverted leads as campaign members
Successfully imported contacts as campaign members
Failed importing converted leads as campaign members (error: insufficient access rights on cross-reference id)

I am sure someone would have come across this situation and it would be great if they can share how the converted leads attached as contacts on campaign members are moved over from one instance to another without getting the "converted leads" field value on campaign skewed. .

Thank You.
Hi Group,

We are consolidating salesforce instances and as a part of it data is being migrated from one instance to another instance. All the objects have been moved over, but there is a problem with attaching "Converted Leads" as campaign members on a campaign. There are few fields in campaign which actually displays the following:
-- Total Leads ((Count of Leads + Converted Leads) - attached to the campaign)
-- Converted Leads (Count of Converted Leads - attached to the campaign)
-- Total Contacts ((Count of Converted Leads + Contacts) - attached to the campaign)

Example::

In instance "ABC", on a campaign the numbers are as follows:
-- Total Leads = 25
-- Converted Leads = 14
-- Total Contacts = 14

In instance "XYZ" the data is migrated from "ABC", trying to import campaign members
-- Total Leads = 11
-- Converted Leads = 0
-- Total Contacts = 14

The unconverted leads and contacts are just fine with the migration, but the converted leads are not getting attached to the campaign. Our company wants to retain and track lead based campaign members which are converted to contacts when data is migrated from "ABC" to "XYZ". Opened a ticket with salesforce but there is no resolution as of now.

Salesforce API document on campaign member has a note : Only use a ContactId or LeadId, but not both, unless you want to track lead-based campaign members you convert to contacts.

I have tried following steps to migrate campaign members and here is the status:
Successfully imported a campaign
Successfully imported unconverted leads as campaign members
Successfully imported contacts as campaign members
Failed importing converted leads as campaign members (error: insufficient access rights on cross-reference id)

I am sure someone would have come across this situation and it would be great if they can share how the converted leads attached as contacts on campaign members are moved over from one instance to another without getting the "converted leads" field value on campaign skewed. .

Thank You.
HI,
How to bring back the failed/errored components or apex related things from Production to sandbox? 
could some one provide me the steps to follow.. can i see the error messages in the deployment status page which came out as a result during the deployment.
Hi,

I need to create a report on a custom object and calculate no of days between status.

For example, I need to calculate the number of days between status Approved and Closed. How long it took to Close after Approved ?

Regards,
Raghu
Hello,
I am helping a non-profit organizationg and setting up SF system for them. We need to import a list of about 2500 Contacts from another system. I have already created the fields and mappings, and import works. However during the import, accounts are not created and thus the contacts remain private. From there there are tons of other permissions related issues, suchs as the reports and dashboards don't work. I tried importing from both the Data Loader and the Data Wizard. Both don't create accounts, just contacts.
What am I missing and is there another way to upload a large CSV? We have the non-profit package for Sales Force if that has any limitation. Appreciated any thoughts on the problem!
  • April 01, 2015
Hi all. I saw AMartins reply to Jennatta question on this and this is ok, but can I ask how to get the data in the form Salesforce requires? i.e

Activity ID  -  has to be the first column in the Excel worksheet, the value of the field is "NEW".
Subject  - populate with an appropriate value
Status - populate with appropriate value (ex. "Completed")
Due Date  - populate with appropriate value
Assigned To ID  - the name of the Account Manager or the person with a sfdc license who is responsible for the mailout.
Contact/Lead ID  - the sfdc id of Contact who received the mailout

At the monment my Spreadsheet data is as follows

Contacts ID Activity1 Name Activity1 Name..etc .

Is there a way using Excel or VBA to change the data I have so it matches whats actually needed? For example each ContactID I have has 20 different Activities so I need something like;

Contacts ID  Subject Status, etc
  1                 Activity 1 Name
  2                 Activity 2 Name 
  "                          "

It would be good to do this I have 5000 records and I dont really want to nmanually maniputlate the spreadsheet for this process! Thanks in advance.
Hi Experts,

In our salesforce application we are using 4 different record types in Project custom object.
Below are record types.
    - Managed Project
    - Project Templates
    - REST Project
    - Staffing Project
One custom picklist Case_Team__c is on project object.
Case_Team__c custom picklist added to all record types.
But we need to remove this picklist field from one of the record type.
Please find the below images.

Available record types for Project Object

Record Type = Staffing Project

Anyone please resolve my issue.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Manu
Is there a way to track clicks on VF pages in a community? My community is fully HTML/CSS customized. Could I hook in Google Analystics somehow?

Thanks!!
I know this question has been asked before. The question was never satisfactorily answered. 

I have changed the configuration of the Case Owner field in the Case layout to read-only, but the "change" is still active.

Is there a way to override this behaviour to remove this link, or by making this Case Owner really read-only?

or  as workaround I have created a new formula field : Owner:User.FirstName + " " +  Owner:User.LastName. However this only works (shows the owner) after the case is saved. Is there a way to make the Owner apear when the Case is created just like the real Owner field?

maybe have two layouts 1) one with the owner field when the case is created, 2) in edit mode, the case owner is replaced with my custom field.

or, programmically swich fields with a trigger when the case is saved.
I would like to integrate CASE Object with a Customer Survey so that Customer can create or open / Close / Reopen based on their resolution provided on their problems.

Please treat this as a matter of high urgency.

Appreciate , if someone could suggest a pathway towards a feasible solution at the earliest.

Thanks.

Regards

Debendra
I need to run a report to determine the number of times a page has been viewed over a time period broken down by URL.  This would include all media page views as they take up the majority on my monthly limits.  I can run a report that shows the total page views by domain, but I am not able to drill down to see what specific pages are hit the most.
I'm using MavensMate in Sublime Text to do my development. It has been working fine until about mid day today. Now every time I try to updated a file I'm working on or refresh data from the server I encounter this error. Any ideas of what I need to look at to fix it. I've done the standard Windows reboot to see if that fixed anything but it hasn't.