• Salesforce Technical Consultant

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

in the below code i am creating account record which is returning inserted record in list form accountList. now i want to use the account id created in contact record insertion. so please can you let me know how can i use as i want to pass inserted account id to contact  as parameter .
public class AccountTest
    {

public static List<Account> CreateAccount()
            {

List<Account> accountList = new List<Account>();

Account Acc=new Account(Name='Test2');
                accountList.add(acc);  
                insert accountList;
                return accountList;             

}

public static List<Contact> CreateContact(account accid)
            {
                List<Contact> contactList=new List<Contact>();
                Contact con=new Contact(Lastname='Test1',
                AccountId=accid.id);
                contactList.add(con);
                insert contactList;
                return contactList;

}

}
hi all i want to create a method with following requirements and it should be generic. The number of fields is not constant i.e. in some instances there might be 3 fields to be updated in some cases there could be 10 on account object.

The methods should either return the AccountID created or a list of AccountIDs created
  The method should always create the object with all required fields with default values

any sugesion
Hi All,

i am fetching a url in formula field which is absolute url so i want to remove url and convert to absolute url is it feasible.

like https:// ap1.salesforce.com/resource/image to resource/image

any suggestion
Hi all i am trying to automate post sandbox refresh activities and to achieve this i need to update email alerts, custom labels, outbound messages as at present we need to do manually one by one as these all are metadata so we can't do by normal apex. so can you share any sugestions.
hi all after sandbox refresh same outbound message endpoint url get copies to sandbox from production. so we need to change it manually. i want to automate that so can you suggest how we can fetch and replace that url in sandbox as i don't find any object where it is stored.
filename in visualforce email template attachment not allowing field value in it when receiving email as attachment in outlook and if it is in local language. please anybody can suggest we are using visualforce template. this is the syntax which we are using

<messaging:attachment filename="Order - {!UPPER(relatedTo.Account_vod__r.Name)}.xls" >
Hi All,

we are using a VF Email Termplate which contains an attachment and we are parsing it into Excel by giving the filename as: 
<messaging:attachment filename="Order Details: <Account_Name>.xls"> which is working fine but when the Account Name contains any cyrillic letters, attachment shows the filename either omitting Cyrillic letters or "?&#" instead of those letters.
we have tried changing email encoding or even user's email encoding to UTF-8 which solved cyrillic letters problem in attachment and email body but not in name of the attachment.

Any Suggestions to fix this problem?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi All
can we resend email in salesforce if record is in submitt status(means in submit status edit button will not be available) as we dont want to edit that record again. so how can we resend email again to user without editing the record. please let us know is there any option in salesforce

Regards
Dilip
Hi All,

i have a requirement that i have to use same button diffrentely for 2 diffrent countries on same page. for example for one country like russia current functionality will be used. but i want to make some changes on the same button for australia and it would fetch diffrent data on the basis of a picklist field.so please can you suggest how can i control diffrent behaviour on same button.
how can we do pagination in visualforce template like in footer we can have the page 1 of 1….
Hi

i have written a validation rule through apex which prevents creation of duplicate records. this functionality is working fine for single records but when i insert duplicate bulk records through dataloader then it gets inserted. please suggest what can be the issue
Hi

when we are refreshing a fullcopy sandbox from production does profile gets migrated to full copy sandbox after refresh.

please suggest

Regards
Dilip
Hi

when we are refreshing a fullcopy sandbox from production does profile gets migrated to full copy sandbox after refresh.

please suggest

Regards
Dilip
Hi All,
is it possible to get Assignment Rule using SOQL query? I need to know with one Assignment Rule was triggered on my Lead using API.
Could you give me some advice how to solve my issue?
If I have to fetch 1000 records through Soql but I have to reduce the execution time, how it is possible ?
Hi All,

in the below code i am creating account record which is returning inserted record in list form accountList. now i want to use the account id created in contact record insertion. so please can you let me know how can i use as i want to pass inserted account id to contact  as parameter .
public class AccountTest
    {

public static List<Account> CreateAccount()
            {

List<Account> accountList = new List<Account>();

Account Acc=new Account(Name='Test2');
                accountList.add(acc);  
                insert accountList;
                return accountList;             

}

public static List<Contact> CreateContact(account accid)
            {
                List<Contact> contactList=new List<Contact>();
                Contact con=new Contact(Lastname='Test1',
                AccountId=accid.id);
                contactList.add(con);
                insert contactList;
                return contactList;

}

}
Hi All,

i am fetching a url in formula field which is absolute url so i want to remove url and convert to absolute url is it feasible.

like https:// ap1.salesforce.com/resource/image to resource/image

any suggestion
Why do we need a custom extension when we are using a custom controller .
Please help me on this.

Thanks.
I need create a button for copying a specific account record  from one saleforce to another saleforce.

Any possibilities doing it using apex code.

Thanks
Hi All,
Is there is way to schedule a dashboard to be sent everyday to a chatter free users.Any Ideas ?

Thanks,
Kiran
hi all after sandbox refresh same outbound message endpoint url get copies to sandbox from production. so we need to change it manually. i want to automate that so can you suggest how we can fetch and replace that url in sandbox as i don't find any object where it is stored.
Hi,
we have a problem in my org ID is "00Dw0000000nMNj".
I developed a trigger for pre-production environment and this creates records in an object correctly.
I brought the same trigger in a production environment and that does not create the records.
What could be the problem?
How can I solve it?

Please email me at alessia.lombardo@alten.it <mailto: alessia.lombardo@alten.it>
I am waiting for an answer.
Thanks a lot
Alessia Lombardo

Hi All.

Could you please help us to find a solution for our issue?

We need to set a custom URL for our SF Community (not a Force.com site). To do that we performed the following steps:
- registered a custom domain (www.mycompany.com) using the GoDaddy service and added a necessary CNAME there to point this URL to our SF community.
- added a domain for this URL in Salesforce.
- created a Custom URL in Salesforce to point this domain to the community.

Now, if we enter a custom URL in a browser (www.mycompany.com), then it correctly redirects us to the Salesforce community. And it's exactly what we want, except one thing: in address bar of a browser we still see old URL: XXX.force.com.

So, Is it possible to configure this custom URL so that we could see "www.mycompany.com" in an address bar? What should we pay attention for to implement this behavior?

Thank you. Gennadiy.

p.s. One of our assumptions is that we should do something more with CA-certificate and SSL-certificate. If anyone knows more whether they affect on the described problem or not, please push us in a right direction.
Hi All,

we are using a VF Email Termplate which contains an attachment and we are parsing it into Excel by giving the filename as: 
<messaging:attachment filename="Order Details: <Account_Name>.xls"> which is working fine but when the Account Name contains any cyrillic letters, attachment shows the filename either omitting Cyrillic letters or "?&#" instead of those letters.
we have tried changing email encoding or even user's email encoding to UTF-8 which solved cyrillic letters problem in attachment and email body but not in name of the attachment.

Any Suggestions to fix this problem?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi All
can we resend email in salesforce if record is in submitt status(means in submit status edit button will not be available) as we dont want to edit that record again. so how can we resend email again to user without editing the record. please let us know is there any option in salesforce

Regards
Dilip
how can we do pagination in visualforce template like in footer we can have the page 1 of 1….

I have a visualforce email template that we use to send out quotes. It attaches a PDF of the quote to the email template in the format "Quote-[quotenumber].pdf" where quotenumer is an auto-generated number in a custom field. In the visualforce template, the filename looks like this:

<messaging:attachment renderas="pdf" filename="Quote-{!relatedTo.Opp_Quote_Num__c}"> 

Prior to the upgrade to '09, this worked just fine. The pdf would attach with a name like "Quote-09775.pdf". But now the file gets attached as just "Quote-.pdf" without any changes having been made to the template and I can't seem to figure out a fix. Is this a bug? Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Message Edited by trsmith on 02-22-2009 07:42 AM
Message Edited by trsmith on 02-22-2009 07:44 AM
Message Edited by trsmith on 02-22-2009 08:06 AM
Message Edited by trsmith on 02-22-2009 08:07 AM