• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all

OK so I  created a visualforce page which mimics a lits view I have in my salesforce instance.  I have hosted this as a site within salesforce which I believe makes use of a guess account profile but for some reason when you go to click within the boxes the fields are padlocked.  I want these to be updateable by a user, how do I ensure this is the case.  My visualforce code is here:

<apex:page standardController="Lower_School_Report_Card__c">
   <apex:sectionHeader title="Lower School Report Card Edit" subtitle="New Lower School Report Card"/>
 <apex:enhancedList type="Lower_School_Report_Card__c" height="2000" rowsPerPage="50" /> 

</apex:page>

Heres a screenshot of my page so far
listview
HI all 

So I made my first ever visualforce coded email which is very exciting for me.  I was wondering if it was possible to add fields from another object to show what I need this to.  If so how do I go about doing that do you think?  You will see that I have put in ????? where I would like to add the two other object fields (found at the bottom of the code).  They are both dfrom an object called Purchase_Request_Rollup__c and the fields are Textbook_Roll__c and APP_Textbook_Roll__c

Any help much appreciated

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="test table" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Purchase_Request_Form__c">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody >
<html>
<head>
<table width="581" border="1">
    <tr>
      <th width="61" scope="col">Item</th>
      <th width="85" scope="col">Item Description</th>
      <th width="68" scope="col">Price per Item</th>
      <th width="40" scope="col">Qty</th>
      <th width="102" scope="col">Total Price</th>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">Item 1</th>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Description_of_Item_1__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Amount_of_Item_1__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Quantity_of_Item_1__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Price_Per_Unit_1__c}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">Item 2</th>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Description_of_Item_2__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Amount_of_Item_2__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Quantity_of_Item_2__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Price_Per_Unit_2__c}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">Item 3</th>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Description_of_Item_3__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Amount_of_Item_3__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Quantity_of_Item_3__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Price_Per_Unit_3__c}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">Item 4</th>
     <td>{!relatedTo.Description_of_Item_4__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Amount_of_Item_4__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Quantity_of_Item_4__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Price_Per_Unit_4__c}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">Item 5</th>
     <td>{!relatedTo.Description_of_Item_5__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Amount_of_Item_5__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Quantity_of_Item_5__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Price_Per_Unit_5__c}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">Item 6</th>
     <td>{!relatedTo.Description_of_Item_6__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Amount_of_Item_6__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Quantity_of_Item_6__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Price_Per_Unit_6__c}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">Item 7</th>
     <td>{!relatedTo.Description_of_Item_7__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Amount_of_Item_7__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Quantity_of_Item_7__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Price_Per_Unit_7__c}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">Item 8</th>
     <td>{!relatedTo.Description_of_Item_8__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Amount_of_Item_8__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Quantity_of_Item_8__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Price_Per_Unit_8__c}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">Item 9</th>
     <td>{!relatedTo.Description_of_Item_9__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Amount_of_Item_9__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Quantity_of_Item_9__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Price_Per_Unit_9__c}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">Item 10</th>
     <td>{!relatedTo.Description_of_Item_10__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Amount_of_Item_10__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Quantity_of_Item_10__c}</td>
      <td>{!relatedTo.Price_Per_Unit_10__c}</td>
    </tr>
   </table>

<p> SHIPPING COSTS = {!relatedTo.Shipping_Costs_Office_fills_this_in__c} </p>
   <p> TOTAL ORDER = {!relatedTo.TOTAL__c} </p>

<p> Your Department has already approved ?????? in Textbook purchases with ?????? Actually ordered and paid for.
</head>
</html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

HI all, hope someone can help me here

SO I have been taking the apex academy on pluralsight to learn how to code in salesforce and its been a great starting point but have recentrly been stuck in my tracks now that mavensdmate is now not usable.  I am hoping that someone here is able to help recommend and show me step by step how to install and get running a new instance so I can get back to learning.  I have tried on my own but I have no idea what I am doing.  I have no idea which ones are good or work etc but any right now would be amazing.

Any help much appreciated.
Hi,

I want to begin with the disclaimer: I am NOT a developer. I am, however, savy with Saeslfroce in other capacities. I am looking for the simplest way to create an editable grid with some custom objects that I've made.I work at a primary school so the fields are checkboxes to indicate which alaphabetic letters, students can correctly identify in their assessments. The grid will allow teachers to quickly naviagte through the letters quickly to grade their students. Any help with creating this would be greatly appreciated! I've attached a jpg of the layout I am considering.User-added image
So I have an issue with a flow.  When I did a test it worked but now its not and I have no idea why.  The error message makes very little sense to me but appears to be an issue with the student field?

Can anyone help me with this:
Error element myRule_1_A1 (FlowRecordCreate).
This error occurred when the flow tried to create records: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY: Meal_Transaction_AIAIAD: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.ListException: List index out of bounds: 0 Trigger.Meal_Transaction_AIAIAD: line 24, column 1. For details, see API Exceptions.
This report lists the elements that the flow interview executed. The report is a beta feature.
We welcome your feedback on IdeaExchange.
Flow Details
Flow Name: Payment_Meals_Update_Ver_3
Type: Workflow
Version: 1
Flow Interview Details
Interview Label: Payment_Meals_Update_Ver_3-1_InterviewLabel
Current User: Scott Walker (00XX000000#XXXXXXX)
Start time: 4/3/2017 4:46 PM
Duration: 0 seconds
How the Interview Started
Scott Walker (00X0000000000) started the flow interview.
Some of this flow's variables were set when the interview started.
myVariable_old = null
myVariable_current = a00000000aa0000008
ASSIGNMENT: myVariable_waitStartTimeAssignment
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} Equals {!Flow.CurrentDateTime}
Result
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} = "4/3/2017 4:46 PM"
DECISION: myDecision
Executed this outcome: myRule_1
Outcome conditions: and
1. {!myVariable_current.Payment_for__c} (Lunch Billing) Equals Lunch Billing
Logic: All conditions must be true (AND)
RECORD CREATE: myRule_1_A1
Create one Meal_Transaction__c record where:
Student__c = {!myVariable_current.Student__c} (null)
Transaction_Amount__c = {!myVariable_current.Amount_Paid__c} (1)
Transaction_Date__c = {!myVariable_current.CreatedDate} (4/3/2017 4:46 PM)
Transaction_Type__c = Credit
Result
Failed to create record.

Error Occurred: This error occurred when the flow tried to create records: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY: Meal_Transaction_AIAIAD: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.ListException: List index out of bounds: 0 Trigger.Meal_Transaction_AIAIAD: line 24, column 1. For details, see API Exceptions.

I have mapped the fields and I believe they are correct, as follows:

User-added image

the fields on the right are:

Student__c
Amount_Paid__c
CreatedDate

Any help really appreciated I really need to get this to work

Hi all I really hope someone can help me here

I should start by saying I am learning to code but nowhere near ready, I have passed my admin and app builder certifications but actual proper coding is out of my reach.  I made my first trigger the other day, which I was proud of!

Anyhow, I have a bit of an issue.  My work (a primary school) paid for a customized system which I inherited and basically it works great apart from one part.  This one part is a process that generates sessions for attendance processes.  The error was known about at the time and I got given a line of code plus a script which I am meant to run that fixes it in within the developer window.  Now the person that wrote it has gone, off the face of the planet.  Now we run this yearly only and last year it worked.  I have the code here.  The issue is that the first line of code works I believe.
Student_Section_Utils.studentSection_AfterInsert([select id, Section__c from Student_Section__c where Section__r.RecordType.Name = 'Schedule Group']);
Its this code that doesn't work as it brings up this error: ​Too many DML rows: 10001.  I have no idea what this means.

User-added image

The code I was given which is not working is here.  

List<Section_ReportingPeriod__c> srpList = [select id, Scheduler_ReferenceId__c, Section__r.School__c,  Section__r.Schedule_Group__c, Section__r.Course__c, Time__c from Section_ReportingPeriod__c where Scheduler_ReferenceId__c = null];
Set<String> SchedSecIDs = new Set<String>();
for(Section_ReportingPeriod__c srp:srpList){
		srp.Scheduler_ReferenceId__c = srp.Section__r.School__c+'-'+srp.Section__r.Schedule_Group__c+'-'+srp.Section__r.Course__c+'-'+srp.Time__c;
		SchedSecIDs.add(srp.Scheduler_ReferenceId__c);
}
update srpList;
List<Scheduled_Section__c> schedSecList = [select id, Needs_Publish__c from Scheduled_Section__c where Section_Reference_Id__c IN:SchedSecIDs];
for(Scheduled_Section__c ss:schedSecList){
	ss.Needs_Publish__c = true;
}
update schedSecList;

Any chance someone can help me make this work?  It would be a huge help.  Its just me here at the school and this will fix our entire attendance system.

I can send whoever can help E-beers or E-high fives, whatever you need!

H iall

Aware this is a bit of an odd request but I was wondering if anyone can help.  I use salesforc ein a primary school so we can't afford the developer costs associated with normal salesforce use case development but was hoping that someone might be able to help me do something.  Basically I (a certified admin) need to create someway of scanning information from a template which lists students in a class and denotes whether they are present or not (morning attendance).  The sheets list all the studenmts names and their student ID along with a box filled in for absent or present.  If its left black they are present.  This sheet is fully typed and printed but the penciling in denotes if theres an absense.  Basically I want to find a way to scan these attendance sheets into salesforce and have a record created for each student to record their attendance situation for the day.  The sheet is the same each day for each class.  it just needs to record the date, student idf and the attendance for each student once a day. 

I am aware there is a 3rd party system that can do this but its so expensive per year.  I see that there are APIs that can help with this and set areas for partial recognition areas but I have no idea how to do this at all.  I was looking at http://ocrsdk.com/documentation/apireference/ and http://www.online-code.net/ocr.html.

If anyone thinks they can help or make this process kind of idiot proof for me I'd really appreciate it.  I know what I need to do once the data is collected in salesforce but its just getting it from the sheet into tthe system.  Its seriously just for kids attednance to be recorded so we can find out where they are or why they are not somewhere as quickly as possible and maki ng alerts using workflows etc.  The impact of this would be huge.  any help or expertise much appreciated.  I do believe for someone who knows what they are doing this might not be super hard.  
Hi there

I am relatively new to the development side of Salesforce.  I work in a middle school in NYC and the common database used is called ATS and is built on a Model 204 database system.  it is very very old and looks just like DOS.  I am now using Salesforce and built out (with limited knowledge) systems but we still have to keep this Model 204 database updated and its used to update Salesforce.  is there anyway to link the two somehow does anyone think?
Hi all

So I have been a Salesforce admin for a while and still learning but really need to start getting my head around the fundamentals of coding within salesforce.  I have created numerous custom apps with workflows, different views and record types along with creating visual force pages with flows but no coding.

I live in NYC what should I start to learn and how.  I would benefit from an actual class to attend so I can ask quesitons relevent to my needs but I am not sure which courses or language is best to learn.  Any help or known courses would be much appreciated.
Hi all

I am totally new at any development side of salesforce and have tried hard to stay clear just because of my lack of knowledge so I think its fair to say I am not sure what I am doing.

I have create a flow which I have put into a visual page beacuse I am trying to run an object without anyone being able to use the global search or find other details.  I tried to restrict everything but its not possible to do so.  I think the way forward is to create my flow as a visual force page and I got as far as it coming up and without any other options which is great.  the problem is that when I try to enter information into it (a unique code) I get this error message:

; nested exception is: 
common.exception.ApiQueryException: sObject type 'SchoolForce__Student__c' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

I have no idea what this means or how to fix it.  Can anyone help at all?
Hi all,

I originally posted this in another thread but as the topic grew I thought it wise to create a new post.

So I am developing my first ever visualforce page with HTML, something i know very little about.

I have created a table with 5 columns and 13 rows and need to populate the cells with the custom fields I have created and custom formula fields for data entry.

Can anyone help me do this?  I Have the field APIs but no idea how to get rid of their field label and allow users to enter into the spaces.

The table looks like this:
User-added image

And the table code looks like this:
<table width="95%" border="1" align="center" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1">
  <tbody>
    <tr>
      <th width="17%" height="37" scope="col">Item Number</th>
      <th width="48%" scope="col">Description</th>
      <th width="13%" scope="col">Qty.</th>
      <th width="12%" scope="col">Price Per Unit</th>
      <th width="10%" scope="col">Amount</th>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">1</th>
      <td> apex:inputfield value={!Purchase_Request_Form__c.Description_of_Item_1__c}</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">2</th>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">3</th>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">4</th>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">5</th>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">6</th>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">7</th>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">8</th>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">9</th>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th scope="row">10</th>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th colspan="4" align="right" scope="row"><strong>Shipping Costs (Office will complete)</strong></th>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
      <th colspan="4" align="right" scope="row"><strong>TOTAL</strong></th>
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
  </tbody>
</table>

An example of the fields are as follows:
<apex:inputfield value="{!Purchase_Request_Form__c.Description_of_Item_2__c}" required="false"/>
<apex:pageblocksectionitem />
<apex:inputfield value="{!Purchase_Request_Form__c.Description_of_Item_3__c}" required="false"/>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Purchase_Request_Form__c.Description_of_Item_4__c}" required="false"/>
<apex:inputfield value="{!Purchase_Request_Form__c.Description_of_Item_5__c}" required="false"/>

Any help much appreciated
H iall

Aware this is a bit of an odd request but I was wondering if anyone can help.  I use salesforc ein a primary school so we can't afford the developer costs associated with normal salesforce use case development but was hoping that someone might be able to help me do something.  Basically I (a certified admin) need to create someway of scanning information from a template which lists students in a class and denotes whether they are present or not (morning attendance).  The sheets list all the studenmts names and their student ID along with a box filled in for absent or present.  If its left black they are present.  This sheet is fully typed and printed but the penciling in denotes if theres an absense.  Basically I want to find a way to scan these attendance sheets into salesforce and have a record created for each student to record their attendance situation for the day.  The sheet is the same each day for each class.  it just needs to record the date, student idf and the attendance for each student once a day. 

I am aware there is a 3rd party system that can do this but its so expensive per year.  I see that there are APIs that can help with this and set areas for partial recognition areas but I have no idea how to do this at all.  I was looking at http://ocrsdk.com/documentation/apireference/ and http://www.online-code.net/ocr.html.

If anyone thinks they can help or make this process kind of idiot proof for me I'd really appreciate it.  I know what I need to do once the data is collected in salesforce but its just getting it from the sheet into tthe system.  Its seriously just for kids attednance to be recorded so we can find out where they are or why they are not somewhere as quickly as possible and maki ng alerts using workflows etc.  The impact of this would be huge.  any help or expertise much appreciated.  I do believe for someone who knows what they are doing this might not be super hard.  
HI all, hope someone can help me here

SO I have been taking the apex academy on pluralsight to learn how to code in salesforce and its been a great starting point but have recentrly been stuck in my tracks now that mavensdmate is now not usable.  I am hoping that someone here is able to help recommend and show me step by step how to install and get running a new instance so I can get back to learning.  I have tried on my own but I have no idea what I am doing.  I have no idea which ones are good or work etc but any right now would be amazing.

Any help much appreciated.
So I have an issue with a flow.  When I did a test it worked but now its not and I have no idea why.  The error message makes very little sense to me but appears to be an issue with the student field?

Can anyone help me with this:
Error element myRule_1_A1 (FlowRecordCreate).
This error occurred when the flow tried to create records: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY: Meal_Transaction_AIAIAD: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.ListException: List index out of bounds: 0 Trigger.Meal_Transaction_AIAIAD: line 24, column 1. For details, see API Exceptions.
This report lists the elements that the flow interview executed. The report is a beta feature.
We welcome your feedback on IdeaExchange.
Flow Details
Flow Name: Payment_Meals_Update_Ver_3
Type: Workflow
Version: 1
Flow Interview Details
Interview Label: Payment_Meals_Update_Ver_3-1_InterviewLabel
Current User: Scott Walker (00XX000000#XXXXXXX)
Start time: 4/3/2017 4:46 PM
Duration: 0 seconds
How the Interview Started
Scott Walker (00X0000000000) started the flow interview.
Some of this flow's variables were set when the interview started.
myVariable_old = null
myVariable_current = a00000000aa0000008
ASSIGNMENT: myVariable_waitStartTimeAssignment
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} Equals {!Flow.CurrentDateTime}
Result
{!myVariable_waitStartTimeVariable} = "4/3/2017 4:46 PM"
DECISION: myDecision
Executed this outcome: myRule_1
Outcome conditions: and
1. {!myVariable_current.Payment_for__c} (Lunch Billing) Equals Lunch Billing
Logic: All conditions must be true (AND)
RECORD CREATE: myRule_1_A1
Create one Meal_Transaction__c record where:
Student__c = {!myVariable_current.Student__c} (null)
Transaction_Amount__c = {!myVariable_current.Amount_Paid__c} (1)
Transaction_Date__c = {!myVariable_current.CreatedDate} (4/3/2017 4:46 PM)
Transaction_Type__c = Credit
Result
Failed to create record.

Error Occurred: This error occurred when the flow tried to create records: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY: Meal_Transaction_AIAIAD: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.ListException: List index out of bounds: 0 Trigger.Meal_Transaction_AIAIAD: line 24, column 1. For details, see API Exceptions.

I have mapped the fields and I believe they are correct, as follows:

User-added image

the fields on the right are:

Student__c
Amount_Paid__c
CreatedDate

Any help really appreciated I really need to get this to work

Hi all I really hope someone can help me here

I should start by saying I am learning to code but nowhere near ready, I have passed my admin and app builder certifications but actual proper coding is out of my reach.  I made my first trigger the other day, which I was proud of!

Anyhow, I have a bit of an issue.  My work (a primary school) paid for a customized system which I inherited and basically it works great apart from one part.  This one part is a process that generates sessions for attendance processes.  The error was known about at the time and I got given a line of code plus a script which I am meant to run that fixes it in within the developer window.  Now the person that wrote it has gone, off the face of the planet.  Now we run this yearly only and last year it worked.  I have the code here.  The issue is that the first line of code works I believe.
Student_Section_Utils.studentSection_AfterInsert([select id, Section__c from Student_Section__c where Section__r.RecordType.Name = 'Schedule Group']);
Its this code that doesn't work as it brings up this error: ​Too many DML rows: 10001.  I have no idea what this means.

User-added image

The code I was given which is not working is here.  

List<Section_ReportingPeriod__c> srpList = [select id, Scheduler_ReferenceId__c, Section__r.School__c,  Section__r.Schedule_Group__c, Section__r.Course__c, Time__c from Section_ReportingPeriod__c where Scheduler_ReferenceId__c = null];
Set<String> SchedSecIDs = new Set<String>();
for(Section_ReportingPeriod__c srp:srpList){
		srp.Scheduler_ReferenceId__c = srp.Section__r.School__c+'-'+srp.Section__r.Schedule_Group__c+'-'+srp.Section__r.Course__c+'-'+srp.Time__c;
		SchedSecIDs.add(srp.Scheduler_ReferenceId__c);
}
update srpList;
List<Scheduled_Section__c> schedSecList = [select id, Needs_Publish__c from Scheduled_Section__c where Section_Reference_Id__c IN:SchedSecIDs];
for(Scheduled_Section__c ss:schedSecList){
	ss.Needs_Publish__c = true;
}
update schedSecList;

Any chance someone can help me make this work?  It would be a huge help.  Its just me here at the school and this will fix our entire attendance system.

I can send whoever can help E-beers or E-high fives, whatever you need!

H iall

Hi all

I am totally new at any development side of salesforce and have tried hard to stay clear just because of my lack of knowledge so I think its fair to say I am not sure what I am doing.

I have create a flow which I have put into a visual page beacuse I am trying to run an object without anyone being able to use the global search or find other details.  I tried to restrict everything but its not possible to do so.  I think the way forward is to create my flow as a visual force page and I got as far as it coming up and without any other options which is great.  the problem is that when I try to enter information into it (a unique code) I get this error message:

; nested exception is: 
common.exception.ApiQueryException: sObject type 'SchoolForce__Student__c' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

I have no idea what this means or how to fix it.  Can anyone help at all?