• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am using the Syndicated Knowledge App to display Knowledge Articles on our website. It all works fine.
Would anyone know how I can make it that, when clicked, the article opens in a new tab rather than on the existing tab?

I have searched and tested several things on the code generated as well as on the Classes / VF pages, but have not been successful.

Thank you in advance,
Julian

Hi all,

I have one VF tab displayed in a customer portal. The VF page (let's call it VFpage1) contains a link to another VF page (lets call it VFpage 2).

How should I write the link on VFpage1 the way that when clicking on it, the VF tab displays VFpage2 instead.

Needless to say, on VFpage2 page there should be another link that when clicked on, the VF tab should display VFpage1, just going back and forth between the 2 pages inside 1 tab (in the Customer Portal)

Requirement: we only use 1 VF tab.
I have tried with a href and with apex:outputLink, but nothing works.I don't know whether it is possible and if yes, how the syntax should be.

Thank you.
Julian
I am using the Syndicated Knowledge App to display Knowledge Articles on our website. It all works fine.
Would anyone know how I can make it that, when clicked, the article opens in a new tab rather than on the existing tab?

I have searched and tested several things on the code generated as well as on the Classes / VF pages, but have not been successful.

Thank you in advance,
Julian

Hi all,

I have one VF tab displayed in a customer portal. The VF page (let's call it VFpage1) contains a link to another VF page (lets call it VFpage 2).

How should I write the link on VFpage1 the way that when clicking on it, the VF tab displays VFpage2 instead.

Needless to say, on VFpage2 page there should be another link that when clicked on, the VF tab should display VFpage1, just going back and forth between the 2 pages inside 1 tab (in the Customer Portal)

Requirement: we only use 1 VF tab.
I have tried with a href and with apex:outputLink, but nothing works.I don't know whether it is possible and if yes, how the syntax should be.

Thank you.
Julian
I have a simple visualforce page that has the chatteranswers:searchask component:

<apex:page>
	<body>
		<div>
			<chatteranswers:searchask id="mySearchAskComponent" communityId="ID_HERE" />
	 	</div>
    </body>
</apex:page>
If I ask a new question and I don't select a category, I get an error message that says "Unknown Error : Cannot read property 'ACTION' of null" and the page doesn't refresh at all.
Page showing error message 'cannot read property action of null'
Even though the error message is displayed, the question still gets posted, but there's no indication of this until I navigate back to the list of unanswered questions.

If i select a category before I click the 'post' button, I get a success message, but there's also another error on the page that states "Cannot read property 'replaceState' of undefined":
Image showing 'cannot read property 'replaceState' of undefined

Am I missing something from my page?  The chatter answers implementation guide said I could use "as few as one component" on my page, but these error messages seem to suggest otherwise.
Good day to you all, I know nothing about developing and less than nothing of javascript, and I hope anyone can help me with the following:

We are using VF pages as components of the standard "Home" page (instead of just having the standard components "tasks", "items to approve", etc, we are adding some other stuff). Our VF page looks like this:

<apex:page controller="QueueCases" sidebar="false" showHeader="false" setup="false"  action="{!renderdiffview}">

<apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock >
                <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!results}" var="c" rows="50" id="cases_table">             

<apex:column >               
                        <a href="javascript:srcUp(%27%2F{!c.Id}%3Fisdtp%3Dvw%27);">{!c.CaseNumber}</a>         
                        <apex:facet name="header">Case Number</apex:facet>
                      </apex:column>

<apex:column headerValue="Subject">
                         <apex:outputField value="{!c.Subject}"/>

<apex:column headerValue="Date/Time Opened">
                        <apex:outputField value="{!c.CreatedDate}"/>

<apex:column headerValue="Account Name">
                        <apex:outputField value="{!c.Accountid}"/>

</apex:pageBlockTable>
</apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

However, when I go to the "Home" page (using either the Service Cloud Console or not) and click on the Case Number, nothing happens.
If I replace
                        <a href="javascript:srcUp(%27%2F{!c.Id}%3Fisdtp%3Dvw%27);">{!c.CaseNumber}</a>        
with
                        <a target="_parent" href="/{!c.id}">{!c.CaseNumber}</a>

then it works (because it opens the case) but not like we want to, because it does not open the case in the Service Cloud Console (we want the case to be open on the Service Cloud Console).

I have spent days trying to fix it  but what can we expect from someone like me with absolutely no programming knowledge? :-(
I have searched on the internet and tried to modify code from others. I have come to understand that I need  to use javascript and I guess also the srcUp function. I have read lots of posts and the entire cook book. Looked at the service cloud console integration toolkit. Nothing.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Julian

Hi All,

I have been asked if we can store our documentation as knowledge base articles. This sounds doable if you think of every document page as an individual article.

The problem I see is that, if the documentation needs to have an index and every article(page) needs to be related to another or have previous or next links. I don't see how can you keep that relation after importing the documents as articles. Also, links in pages to other pages would be lost.

Our documentation currently looks pretty much like this. http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index.htm (index, table of contents, relative links to other pages).

Any ideas about how can we keep the current indexing after importing the articles?

Has anyone worked on something like this or think this can be done using the KB platform?.

Thanks!

Hello,

Can anyone tell me :

Am I missing something or it's not possible to create a lookup relationship to Articles ?

Thats something i definitely need.

So, at this point, should I create something like a String field on my Custom Object that will store the article id and make another SOQL query to fetch it every time additionally ?

Kind regards

• September 20, 2011

Is it possible to display "Create New", "Recent Items","Search" etc. components on standard salesforce sidebar to custom visualforce page?