• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am using force.com IDE to migrate reports. For a report of custom type Contacts with Activities, I get error "Invalid field name: Contact.Activities$What". The report type is already deployed to destination org.

Does anybody have a clue? Thanks in advance
Hello Everybody,

I am facing a weird behavior with talend. I am trying to migrate events using talend bulk components. I have migrate 99% of the data, but for the few left records, i get the following error:

INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID: 0032000001ucgknaah not found for field Sandbox_Migration_Id__c in entity Contact:--

As you can see, it's reporting the lower case of the actual id of the contact.

I'm puzzled because it worked for most of the records except for few. Does anybody have a clue about this?

thx
Hi,

I am having hard trying to give access for the Force.com site Guest user to all contact events in the org.
When the contact is assigned to the Guest User, he does have access to his events.
But if the contact is assigned to a real user in the org, he doesn't.
Here how I tried to solve it but in vain:
I have given the Guest user read/write permissions on events through a permissions set.
I created two public groups, one containing real users and the other containing the guest user.
Then I created a sharing rule, to enable sharing of contacts assigned to users in the first public group with the second public group containing the guest user.

Am I missing anything?
I appreciate your help.

Hi,

I am trying to do the following query:

select id, Name,  (select ActivityDate, whatid, WhoId from Events where ActivityDate < :someMap.get(/* parent Contact Id */).datefield__c) from Contact
But this syntax is not supported in soql.
Is there any workaround to this ?

Thank you

Hi,

I am a little bit intrigued about the mobile SDK and its use, as well as the new lightening framework.
Are they used to build standalone mobile apps, or simply to extend the salesforce1 mobile app?

I appreciate your answers
Hi,

As the inputFile component cannot be customized in visualForce, I have implemented a binding to a custom button and hidden the original inputFile.
When I click on the button I trigger the click event on the inputFile.

Here is my VF page:
<apex:form >
        <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
            function HandleBrowseClick()
            {
                var fileinput = document.getElementById("{!$Component.SnapshotInputfile}");
                fileinput.click();
            }

function Handlechange()
            {
                var textinput = document.getElementById("filename");
                textinput.innerHTML = fileinput.value;
            }
        </script>

<apex:inputfile id="SnapshotInputfile" value="{!snapshot_attachment.body}"  onChange="Handlechange();" accept="image/*" filename="{!snapshot_attachment.Name}">            
        </apex:inputfile>
        <label id="filename" readonly="true"/>
        <input type="button" value="select" id="fakeBrowse" onclick="HandleBrowseClick();" class="btn"/>

<apex:commandButton id="uploadButton" action="{!UploadPicture}" value="upload"/>
    </apex:form>
So I have a commandButton that will post the file to the server, where in the controller I create an attachment with the file.
It worked like a charm in Firefox and Chrome, however in ie8, when the file is picked after clicking on the custom button, everytime the commandButton is clicked, the value of the inputFile is cleared, and the page doesn't postback.

So I'm wondering whether there is a workaround to fix the behavior in ie8.

Thx.

Hi,

As the inputFile component cannot be customized in visualForce, I have implemented a binding to a custom button and hidden the original inputFile.
When I click on the button I trigger the click event on the inputFile.

Here is my VF page:
<apex:form >
        <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
            function HandleBrowseClick()
            {
                fileinput.click();
            }

function Handlechange()
            {
                var textinput = document.getElementById("filename");
                textinput.innerHTML = fileinput.value;
            }
        </script>

<apex:inputfile id="SnapshotInputfile" value="{!snapshot_attachment.body}"  onChange="Handlechange();" accept="image/*" filename="{!snapshot_attachment.Name}">            
        </apex:inputfile>
        <label id="filename" readonly="true"/>
        <input type="button" value="select" id="fakeBrowse" onclick="HandleBrowseClick();" class="btn"/>

<apex:commandButton id="uploadButton" action="{!UploadPicture}" value="upload"/>
    </apex:form>
So I have a commandButton that will post the file to the server, where in the controller I create an attachment with the file.
It worked like a charm in Firefox and Chrome, however in ie8, when the file is picked after clicking on the custom button, everytime the commandButton is clicked, the value of the inputFile is cleared, and the page doesn't postback.

So I'm wondering whether there is a workaround to fix the behavior in ie8.

Thx.